Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works (1789 Views)

Jewish Population By Country / Iran Now Has Enough Uranium For Nuclear Weapon, U.N. Watchdog Reportedly Says / Iran Will Never Have A Nuclear Weapon, Trump Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by pol23: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Which Countries Have Nuclear Weapons?

Russia — 6,257
United States — 5,550
China — 350 available (actively expanding nuclear arsenal)
France — 290 available
United Kingdom — 225 available
Pakistan — 165 available
India — 156 available
Israel — 90 available
North Korea — 40-50 available (estimated)

Source; https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/nuclear-weapons-by-country

How it works.
Nuclear fission produces the atomic bomb, a weapon of mass destruction that uses power released by the splitting of atomic nuclei. When a single free neutron strikes the nucleus of an atom of radioactive material like uranium or plutonium, it knocks two or three more neutrons free.

Can it destroy a Whole country.
What makes nuclear weapons the worst. 1 A single nuclear weapon can destroy a city and kill most of its people. Several nuclear explosions over modern cities would kill tens of millions of people. Casualties from a major nuclear war between the US and Russia would reach hundreds of millions.

can nuclear weapons be intercepted

Short answer: It's very unlikely. As you read above, causing a nuclear bomb to detonate requires a precise orchestration of events, without which the chain reaction does not initiate and the bomb doesn't detonate.

What are Hypersonic missiles
Major Powers, such as Russia, China and the US have been racing to develop hypersonic missile – a missile system so fast that it cannot be intercepted by any current missile defence system.

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by chatinent: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia dominates the US with nuclear weapons capacity...and Russia is difficult to invade due to its size.

Russia is the second bigger military in the world after the US...and guess what? The US only passes it in budget, research and dev.

The US will likely crawl into their hole. They've shed more blood than any country.

You guys think this is a war between Russia and Ukraine? Lol. If Russia was warring against Ukraine, Ukraine will be gone in half a week.

This is a war between Russia and the US. They are all waiting for a reason to start and never stop using the their nuclear arsenal until its apogee.

Who bi Ukraine to challenge Russia? Even Nigeria stands a chance against Ukraine!

The only country in the world that stands a chance against Russia is the US. Ukraine x16 doesn't stand a chance against Moscow alone.

Russia is patiently waiting for anything related to the US to intervene. My dear, it will take years for the US to recover.

Did I hear you say it's a lie?

Smiles. China is the third biggest military and guess whose side it is on? You guessed right. They will all fight a common enemy. This is a tussle for dominance and Russia has nothing to lose. The US knows this and that's why they want to use the media to make you leave the facts but hate Russia...because English is more dominant than the Russian xqolvian djdkrkn.

Get your facts.

It may help you understand better.

Before you crucify me, I don't support Ukraine, Russia or the US.

I don't support war.

I don't support bloodshed.

I support peaceful agreements.

But... I am only telling you the realities on ground.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by cherishmichael: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hmmm, still Russia can't defeat US in war, no matter what!

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by NaijaCowFarm: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:
Russia dominates the US with nuclear weapons capacity...and Russia is difficult to invade due to its size.

The US will likely crawl into their hole. They've shed more blood than any country.

You are not sincere. Russia has more to lose in a nuclear war. Just imagine fighting from all fronts. Once, they had issues with Chernobyl and that was the beginning of the end of the USSR. Do you think Putin that could not take out Ukraine in 4 days can do anything? As we speak Russian forces have lost Krakhiv, the second-largest Ukrainian City while still struggling around Kyiv.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by pol23: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
cherishmichael:
I don’t believe Russia can defeat The USA,but The US might be reduce to the size of Rwanda Economically…. Russia might go into oblivion (stop existing)
But I bet no one wants that.
France might go into Oblivion too with Germany and the UK.
The whole world will blame the dead Russia for the lost.
We pray that never happens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by YeyeGbami: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
cherishmichael:

United states of sanctions. I come in peace!

6 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:

Learner

grin grin
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by chatinent: 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

You are not sincere. Russia has more to lose in a nuclear war. Just imagine fighting from all fronts. Once, they had issues with Chernobyl and that was the beginning of the end of the USSR. Do you think Putin that could not take out Ukraine in 4 days can do anything? As we speak Russian forces have lost Krakhiv, the second-largest Ukrainian City while still struggling around Kyiv.

Please be sincere. If Putin meant business, he'd have nuked Ukraine and it'll be gone in days. They are not warring yet. These gbagbos are just warnings.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Entprys(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nigeria - 23
A military officer in my compound confidentially told me. ...and I won't say it in public outside nairaland.
It was secretly developed.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by chatinent: 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Learner

grin grin

Oga go and check records. Stop assuming.

Russia is the only country that makes the US think twice before doing anything.

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:

Oga go and check records. Stop assuming.

Russia is the only country that makes the US think twice before doing anything.

1. Russian forces have failed to capture a major Ukrainian city in 4 days after having lost a substantial number of soldiers. Imagine what will happen if they face a more technologically advanced superior force like NATO ? They will be obliterated.

2. The USA also has ICMBs - LGM-30 Minuteman. Range of 13,000 km. Speed 15,000 mph

3. The USA has one of the best air defence systems called - Terminal High Altitude Area Defense

There is a reason why a Nuclear war is called MAD or Mutual Assured Destruction.

Update your knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by pol23: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

If I say Russia is not at war with Ukraine that will be disrespectful to every soul lost on both sides and Majorly Ukrainian who has fled their country.
But let me say Russia is just trying to force Ukrainian to sign a paper.
It’s sad they got here…
Pray for Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by joyandfaith: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
pol23:

I don’t believe Russia can defeat The USA,but The US might be reduce to the size of Rwanda Economically…. Russia might go into oblivion (stop existing)
But I bet no one wants that.
France might go into Oblivion too with Germany and the UK.
The whole world will blame the dead Russia for the lost.
We pray that never happens.

Frankly speaking. Any full scale nuclear war will send humanity back to stone age. 70% of world population would be lost.

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Xisnin(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:

Russia is the second bigger military in the world after the US...and guess what? The US only passes it in budget, research and dev.

You guys think this is a war between Russia and Ukraine? Lol. If Russia was warring against Ukraine, Ukraine will be gone in half a week.

This is a war between Russia and the US. They are all waiting for a reason to start and never stop using the test of their nuclear arsenal is reaching its apogee.

Who bi Ukraine to challenge Russia? Even Nigeria stands a chance against Ukraine!

The only country in the world that stands a chance against Russia is the US. Ukraine x16 doesn't stand a chance against Moscow alone.

Russia is patiently waiting for anything related to the US to intervene. My dear, it will take years for the US to recover.

Smiles. China is the third biggest military and guess whose side it is on? You guessed right. They will all fight a common enemy. The is a tussle for dominance and Russia has nothing to lose. The US knows this and that's why they want to use the media to make you leave the facts and hate Russia.

Get your facts.
You are in deep pain because your great Putin is finding it difficult fighting a very weak
army with poor training.
So you have to hide your disappointment by casting the conflict as between Russia and US.
Even Putin went on TV to warn the US not to get involved which confirms that Russia is
aware that the fight is strictly with Ukraine.

The US is still dragging its feet regarding military support.
If the US fully support Ukraine with advanced defensive weapons, Putin's army will be chased out with their tail
between their legs. The US doesn't need even one soldier on ground to achieve this.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by joyandfaith: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
pol23:

If I say Russia is not at war with Ukraine that will be disrespectful to every soul lost on both sides and Majorly Ukrainian who has fled their country.
But let me say Russia is just trying to force Ukrainian to sign a paper.
It’s sad they got here…
Pray for Ukraine.

Theyv will sign paper but Russia has lost any possible
alliance with ukraine for many generations to come.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by chatinent: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

1. Russian forces have failed to capture a major Ukrainian city in 4 days after having lost a substantial number of soldiers. Imagine what will happen if they face a more technologically advanced superior force like NATO ? They will be obliterated.

2. The USA also has ICMBs - LGM-30 Minuteman. Range of 13,000 km. Speed 15,000 mph

3. The USA has one of the best air defence systems called - Terminal High Altitude Area Defense

There is a reason why a Nuclear war is called MAD or Mutual Assured Destruction.

Update your knowledge.

Russia lost a large number of soldiers and the Ukrainians are still running?

If you don't know, everything about Russia and its facilities are majorly for constructing the instrument of war. They have been waiting for a reason to war against the US. Not just mere shooting. I mean nuclear war. Why does Russia want that? Because they have grow in size in nuclear equipment than the US.

Continue gorging on the American media propaganda. You think initial gragra na him? Make US go put head na. It will take Russia less than a week to demolish Ukraine to the ground if it meant business. What it wants is the US. Ukraine is a bait.

Russia na your mate?

I am not saying the US cannot face Russia squarely. Of course they can. They have the capacity too.

I am saying Ukraine is not a problem to Russia if they really meant business.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Gracious3105(m): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
Can China together with Russia fight NATO? A simple question!
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by pol23: 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

Theyv will sign paper but Russia has lost any possible
alliance with ukraine for many generations to come.
Obviously,and that’s sad.
Forceful friendship isn’t a happy one.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by sapientia(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:

This is a war between Russia and the US. They are all waiting for a reason to start and never stop using the their nuclear arsenal until its apogee.

Smiles. China is the third biggest military and guess whose side it is on? You guessed right. They will all fight a common enemy. This is a tussle for dominance and Russia has nothing to lose. The US knows this and that's why they want to use the media to make you leave the facts but hate Russia...because English is more dominant than the Russian xqolvian djdkrkn.

Get your facts.

I don't support war.

You don't smoke at all

Seems you have to start
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by chatinent: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
Gracious3105:
Can China together with Russia fight NATO? A simple question!

Why not? NATO wouldn't want that. China has the biggest frontline soldiers, Russia has the biggest nuclear power.

The only big boy there is the US. Those other countries na jara.

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Tmberwolf1: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:

Get your facts.

I don't support war.

Shut your mouth up! For you to say this nonsense means you have 0 idea or knowledge of war or the capability of countries, you don't even have an idea as to what is going on now!... You only talk based on what you have heard from others. And I'm sorry for you, because you are just embarrassing yourself now.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by miketyler(m): 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
You really don’t know anything about war; with your write up you portray being pained and frustrated, Russian can’t even fight nato combined if USA was out of the picture.
It’s not by claiming you have weapons that haven’t been tested or hyping your poor technologies when the real war starts we would know who would go into oblivion or plead for forgiveness between Russia and the usa

chatinent:

Get your facts.

I don't support war.

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by wingmanIII: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
chatinent:

Get your facts.

I don't support war.

Ignoramus!!! Daft. You know nothing!
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Svlla: 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
When I read some comments here I shake my head

True we don't want a nuclear apocalypse, God forbid.
I pray that peace returns to Ukraine and they appreciate it better this time around.

In the case of a nuclear apocalypse neither US, EU or Russia would survive it. I mean no one will come out of it.
There's no missile shield or anti missile that can help even the s400 being the best of them all currently developed, manufactured and deployed by Russian military....over 80% of this nukes will hit their target

I hope it doesn't get to that and both Moswcow, Brussels and Washington stop with their aggressive posturing

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by YeyeGbami: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
miketyler:
You really don’t know anything about war; with your write up you portray being pained and frustrated, Russian can’t even fight nato combined if USA was out of the picture.
[b]It’s not by claiming you have weapons that haven’t been tested or hyping your poor technologies [/b]when the real war starts we would know who would go into oblivion or plead for forgiveness between Russia and the usa

https://www.nairaland.com/6994419/russia-tests-hypersonic-ballistic-missiles#110369881
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Olumighty123(m): 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Svlla:
When I read some comments here I shake my head

True we don't want a nuclear apocalypse, God forbid.
I pray that peace returns to Ukraine and they appreciate it better this time around.

In the case of a nuclear apocalypse neither US, EU or Russia would survive it. I mean no one will come out of it.
There's no missile shield or anti missile that can help even the s400 being the best of them all currently developed, manufactured and deployed by Russian military....over 80% of this nukes will hit their target

I hope it doesn't get to that and both Moswcow, Brussels and Washington stop with their aggressive posturing

You mean not even the missile sending country would survive? I'm trying to learn here
Sorry.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by ekineme: 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Olumighty123:

You mean not even the missile sending country would survive? I'm trying to learn here
Sorry.
If it's Nuclear, there's what t
is called retaliatory strike.( This was developed for such a scenario where the entire country is wiped out) the country through their submarine will strike back and consequently both nation's get annihilated (M.A.D). For the survivors/other countries will then suffer the effect of the radiation (Nuclear winter). The half life of a radioactive elements (Uranium 238) is about 4.5 billion years the least among the Uranium family is 25 thousand years(uranium 234).

Paraphrased it will take this no of years for half the element to decay. So do the maths and imagine the effect on the survivors.
Therefore let's all pray for peace, it's priceless.

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Cloud007: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
Putin is upset.... He has become a pawn in his own Master game.

With China going neutral on Moscow. The mind/ war games has shifted from him to btw American and China.

The Chinese want to be world economic super power if they abstain from this war.... And likewise uncle Sam wants to retain their super power if the could only fight through proxy.

I really feel for Putin.... He feels betrayed and stuck hence the threats to go nuclear.

Their is no way Moscow will nuke Ukraine without the consequences of it affecting Russians land mass, air and environment. Imagine having to deal with radioactive air you caused when you are politically and economically in shambles.

He can't nuked the west cos he will not only have a super power to deal with but also major powers that are militarily active and also capable of deploying nuclear weapons within a short period.

Now...the Russians citizens are on the edge already due to their bleak economy and political futures. They have been isolated. Once they have collectively seen that its just one man and his elites are the source of their problem...then boom. That is the end of Putin's political dynasty. So to save the government, the elite would not want to go down with him...then boom again. They take him out to retain their assets, power and money.

On a lighter mood.... My North Korea guy is quite envious of Putin now. He should be at the center of attention not Putin...lol. imagine preparing for this kind of situation all your life to show the world you are a strong man but no one is looking at your side... That quite unfair .

NB: I have always asked this question overtime. What if it was Russia or Chinese or NK or Iran is the world leader or super power would the world be more free than it is now? Let's ponder on it.

Say no to war....say yes to love of God and human.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by kingslj: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
cherishmichael:

you dont get it. in events that a war breaks out between the 2...there will not be a victory only ashes. we all also will be consumed one way or another
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by kingslj: 9:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Shut your mouth up! For you to say this nonsense means you have 0 idea or knowledge of war or the capability of countries, you don't even have an idea as to what is going on now!... You only talk based on what you have heard from others. And I'm sorry for you, because you are just embarrassing yourself now.

As a gentleman ...allow me to say ....u be idiot .

have u ever heard of a false flag or a proxy war
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by Tmberwolf1: 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
kingslj:

As a gentleman ...allow me to say ....u be idiot .

have u ever heard of a false flag or a proxy war
Who's using who as a proxy here... You tried to sound smart, but just ended up disgracing yourself.
Re: Nuclear Weapon By Country And How It Works by kingslj: 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Who's using who as a proxy here... You tried to sound smart, but just ended up disgracing yourself.

just read about proxy wars.... usa and russia over Cuba is one. I am just trying to educate you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Art Of War: The Reconquest Of Africa / Zimbabwe Opposition Leader Pulling Out Of Election: Mugabe To Continue! / Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.