Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice (10441 Views)

Mainz Have Announced Decision To Suspend Anwar El Ghazi For Supporting Palestine / Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Won’t Play For Arsenal Until Further Notice / Conte 'In Advanced Talks To Succeed Mourinho At Tottenham' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by loswhite(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mossadd:
Did you suspend USA and BRITAIN when they invaded a sovereign country of Iraq and Libya?did fifa suspend Israel when they were bombing palenstin?this is double standard.God punish fifa president and his HYPROCRITE crew
Shut up!!!! Idiot

2 Likes

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by tegafej(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
This whole thing is disgusting...

The double standards are so clear!

Jeez... The west are deep hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by JesusIgot(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Good

Oh nooo

Better

Not better

Weldone FiFA

FIFA whyyyy
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Tareq1105: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
janedonez:
I have been neutral on this issue, but this is a no no for FIFA, this contravenes the rule of non governmental interference and politics, so they should have a rethink.

Who should have a rethink here?

1 Like

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Orlu15(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
etokhana:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/60560567
If it is America that invade the media will say it's a matter of national interest. The west sucks!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Yommychrz(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
What concerns Fifa with this, when US was destroying Palestine, Syria and the rest they dint take any action fucking hypocrites

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Mossadd: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
bleskid:
good move ... FIFA ,, I hate Russia on this
putin and good people of Russia doesn't know about your existence so you can fvck off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by loswhite(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
janedonez:
I have been neutral on this issue, but this is a no no for FIFA, this contravenes the rule of non governmental interference and politics, so they should have a rethink.
You have not been neutral. You have been on the side of Putin...
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by loswhite(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
Crayfish09:
NATO puppet
Russian puppet
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by IMEI: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
Lamasta:
Putin putting Russians in bad light in the global stage with his stubbornness

Global stage controlled by who?

Fifa should have a vote of all its member states and if they choose so, then Russia should be banned, if not, few countries shouldn't impose it's will on a global representative body like FIFA

3 Likes

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Tareq1105: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mossadd:
Did you suspend USA and BRITAIN when they invaded a sovereign country of Iraq and Libya?did fifa suspend Israel when they were bombing palenstin?this is double standard.God punish fifa president and his HYPROCRITE crew

Your sympathy for Russia is legendary.
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2022
In as much as I am in utter support of this move. But the question I, as someone who likes Justice and fairness keep asking is: Was the same sanctions imposed or meted out to US and the UK when they Unilaterally bypassed the UN- which totally opposed the invasion of Iraq hence, destabilizing the entire country till this day. Does that mean some countries can do whatever they want by destroying innocent lives, both women and children and get away with it?

1 Like

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Mossadd: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2022
loswhite:
Shut up!!!! Idiot
your father na ediot

2 Likes

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
loswhite:
You have not been neutral. You have been on the side of Putin...
Whoever he supports does not concern me. But I thought FIFA always say football should not be mixed with politics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by bakar007: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
etokhana:

Shame what about US and NATO invaders , they were never ban from sports. Sports which support to unite .show of shame . Isreal killing and enslaving Palestinians till date , fools where are the sanctions

1 Like

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Tareq1105: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
Yommychrz:
What concerns Fifa with this, when US was destroying Palestine, Syria and the rest they dint take any action fucking hypocrites

Keep wailing or you go join your Russia army. Your hatred for America will not give you hypertension.

1 Like

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by MT: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
janedonez:

Dont forget to tell Judo Federation and Formula 1 the same thing. What Russia did was awful. Invading a sovereign nation that did nothing at all. Russia needs to be isolated from the rest of the world
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by loswhite(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
tegafej:
This whole thing is disgusting...

The double standards are so clear!

Jeez... The west are deep hypocrites!
Russia is pure Nation....lol. Go and sleep.
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by tegafej(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Tareq1105:

Keep wailing or you go join your Russia army. Your hatred for America will not give you hypertension.

And your shameful display of lack of reason won't get any notification from the US government

1 Like

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
loswhite:
Shut up!!!! Idiot
But he is just asking a reasonable question na.
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Tareq1105: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
bakar007:

Shame what about US and NATO invaders , they were never ban from sports. Sports which support to unite .show of shame . Isreal killing and enslaving Palestinians till date , fools where are the sanctions

So, what do you want to do now? Israel and Palestine attacked each other on air.

It's land / territory matter at the border. There was no invasion.

Why would Russia be the one to determine the Union Ukraine should join?

A sovereign nation?

Please get a cold water for yourself.
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Yommychrz(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
Tareq1105:

oponu
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by loswhite(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
Yommychrz:
How did US destroy Palestine and Syria?
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by bakar007: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
etokhana:

Show of shame , sports suppose to unite not divide. US and NATO invaders has never been ban . Isreal killing and enslaving Palestinians where are the sanctions
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by loswhite(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mossadd:
putin and good people of Russia doesn't know about your existence so you can fvck off
Lol... Surely they know about your existence...
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by bakar007: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
Tareq1105:

So, what do you want to do now?
You re as guilty as those doing evil when you keep quiet or support it passively. Keep politics away from sports
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by PrinceMajestic: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
Sports should be separated from politics. All the western gang up against Almighty Russian Federation shows how evil this world can be. See Bastards everywhere attacking Russia from all angles, because Russia is fighting to defend her Territorial intergrity. I remember when Israel was the aggressor bombarding Palestine America kept arming Israel against a weaker country and claiming Israel has a right to defend itself. I understand all these, If Putin actually has weapons of mass destruction, I am so eager to see him blow up the world and let everything scatter to pieces, the world cannot continue to live under western bondage led by neo Nazis cultists, let Russian space engineers drop the international space station they threatened to drop on the earth, if there is no Justice let there be unrest everywhere. I stand with Russia and I think it's about time Putin starts killing Ukrainians too not just their military. God bless President Putin and his Belarusian brother Alexander Lukashenko standing in solidarity with him. I want this war to happen, I want to see the west and her African slaves weep in pain. Abubakar Shekau was right, democracy is all about demons and cratos. Shekau was right afterall, democracy has always been very evil form of govt to commit evils and still be applauded. Iswap were right, Boko Haram, ISIS, Hamas, Taliban, Al_qaeda etc were all right, if not for Islamic Soldiers standing ground the evil demons from the west would have wiped off Islamic nations. God bless myrtyrs that have fought against western evils, Myrtyrs like Osama bin Laden, Qassem Soleimani etc Even if I'm not a Muslim I have learned that Islamic extremism is important to protect the core values of Islam against evil Western demons.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by Reference(m): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
janedonez:

No one will play them so what do you do.
And if allowed these tournaments will become political with protests happening at stadia everywhere Russia features.
It will be a mess.
Then sponsors will start pulling out....
It is appropriate they are suspended.

There is something about this incident that has really angered the world, particularly the west in unprecedented ways no one could foretell.
But there is a precedent for suspending belligerent nations.
Nazi Germany was similarly ostracized after war broke out.
The 1936 Olympics they hosted was curtains for them till after the war ended.
Apartheid South Africa was also kicked out of sports for years until they yielded to democracy.

Once the IOC decides your fate, that is the end in most sports.
A few will continue due to legal obligations but most will just shut their doors.
No one wants trouble.
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by edward1106(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
shugacaneman:
I’m neutral about the UKR VS RUS war. It’s absolutely wrong to destroy and kill people, especially in their own country but the west in NATO disguise wants to have Russia under control. They have oil �. Once you have mineral resources they west will come and govern the recourses to their benefit. The most recent reference na Libya.

Ukraine and Russia should play a football match and by the outcome decide whether to join NATO or not, which is by far preferable than going to war. Football is mature and peaceful grin grin
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by sweetjohn(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mossadd:
All this Arab country you mention are terrorists. Get this into your head. What are they actually fighting for?... To islamise the world. What is Ukraine fighting for?... Defending their land. Pls stop calling terrorist in this matter oga
Re: FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice by ovie8200: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2022
Every organization must do their part to punish Putin.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Defeats Uganda 1-0 To Qualify For Under 20 World Cup / Oshoala, Oparanozie Score As Barcelona And Dijon Win. / AFCON 2021: Gabon Vs Morocco (2 - 2) On 18th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.