Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,287 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) (68890 Views)

Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Losing Money He Invested In Crypto / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
RiskyJoint95:

Let me take you through my post for proper comprehension..Anyone with 1995 sept as birthday won't be 27 years old as claimed on the poster.,even though he might have died truly truly and it's not some sort of gymics.

Hope you get the reason for the supposed confusion.

Bless up✌
HE didn't write the obituary..

And you are nitpicking..

We are in 2022..

And 1995 to 2022 is 27 years..

Like I said..

Nitpicking..
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Bamzyriches451: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Damn!
So sad
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Awoo88: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
MARKone:

It won't cost you anything to read and assimilate the original post. If he is a fool, the scammer that triggered him to commit suicide is what then.
I read and I assimilated well. Only a fool will kill himself because of 1.5million Naira. Infact only a fool will kill himself at all. It is life that gives hope. Na person wen die him own finish.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Clinghton: 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
He's now blaming mental health after creating problem for himself.

I think what caused his suicide was his inability to control his addiction to betting.

RIP.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Etiyeokwe: 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
Sportybet is the most vulnerable betting company in the world. I do not know how they expose people's details to outsiders. These scammers are having field day in the platform.

They need to do something about their security.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by spencekat(m): 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
Etiyeokwe:
Sportybet is the most vulnerable betting company in the world. I do not know how they expose people's details to outsiders. These scammers are having field day in the platform.

They need to do something about their security.
You are correct
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by spencekat(m): 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
Don't save your card details during online transactions.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Santana208: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
Aonkuuse:
Photos of the young man
power of gambling
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by jclassiq(m): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
Shalommy:
Chaiii.. See handsome young man wasted.. sad
He could have been extremely ugly and it still wouldn't make it right.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Beolly(m): 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
Cokahot:
While me lost 5m to btc 2months back. I no die
5m You are a big man now to move on no go hard you. If na ur last card e go shake you
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by maasoap(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
The only thing I see is someone using indirect means to raise funds for God knows what.
I can bet anything this person is alive and well somewhere.
Suicide indeed!

Not if his corpse had been deposited in the mortuary

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by abeliver: 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
they act like they have sense, yet they say Betting is bad...
no be mumu be that?

too much of it no good...but make una stop the sick lies about betting is bad blah blah blah
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by theamazonguru(m): 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Revolution2022:
I thought a sportybet account name must be the same with the bank account names that one registers with.How do scammer manages to withdraw money from sportybet account into another bank with a different name? Sportybet has a hand in this scam.Anyone who is persuading you to register with sportybet and get huge bonus is a scammer.

The truth is most people wont tell you the whole story. The exact way it happened or the full gist.
I am very sorry to say, but there is a high probability that the guy was killed by his own greed.
How do i mean?
I have lost counts of how many times those yeye sporty bet scammers tried their luck on me. Of course they failed even before they started.
The format is one and the same. Let me try paint a scenario.

Scammer: Hey brotherly, i am Musa Chukwudi Ayomide, i work with sporty bet. I have an offer for you. We will both make good money, ok. Only promise not to betray me. This is the deal. I have an insider's info with which i came up with a software. With this software which i will give you, all you need do is place a bet and you are sure of making X100 of that amount. That is if you place a bet of say N1,000 you will win N100,000. How do i benefit from this? Once you get the X100 of your balance, withdraw it and send my 30% to me, while you keep 70%. I guess that is fair enough.
First of all do you have a sportybet account?
Me: Yes i do
Scammer: Good. Is it funded?
Me: Yes please.
Scammer: Can you login and show me the account?
Me: Yeah sure.
Me logged in, screenshot the account, sent to him
Scammer: Nice, perfect. Congratulations.
Let me show you how this is going to play out.
He then sends a video.

Video shows how he logs in, places a bet, activates the said software, then his balance changes from the old to a new one which is like X100 of the old balance.
Scammer: Did you watch the watch?
Me: Yes. Wow that's awesome. How can i start?
Scammer: I am going to send you the software now. Click on it and login. Make sure you login correctly.
Me: Ok, i understand.
Scammer: Sends a link.
"This is a phishing site, which mimics the original sporty bet site. Once you log in with your real/correct login details. That is all. He now has access to your account. He logs in and transfers your cash balance to himself."
You are left crying and contemplating suicide.

This is the format some guys use to defraud many of their crypto and other digital assets.
BE WARNED.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by faceland: 12:31am On Mar 02, 2022
His bank also failed him, no SMS Soft Token verification?

All these are insider jobs.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by alone1fun12: 12:46am On Mar 02, 2022
VPN
Nord✅
Pia✅
Ipvanish✅
VPN 911✅
Dating sites
Match✅
Pof✅
Ourtime✅
Cupid✅
Etc

Google voice for WhatsApp✅, etc for sale at Affordable price
Chat me up on WhatsApp Me on : 0705 033 1561 for more detail for more detail
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Kennedykenneth: 1:31am On Mar 02, 2022
They try this with me, 30k that mean u r aware.[quote[sup][/sup] author=Fidinno post=110651735]It most have been from a close friend or family member or those online scammers who pretend to be sporty bet agents with the idea of giving out 30k[/quote]
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by IvarDboneless: 1:53am On Mar 02, 2022
azraeljaheel:
cry

Suicide is an option but quitting ain't an option (contradictory sentence).
We should all drop the notion of calling a suicidal person weak!!!

I lost a land, Two bikes, a tricycle and other stuffs worth lota funds... Most painful is I lost custody of my lil kid because I had no resources to carter for her...

Tried taking my life couple of times... Even death sef tire for my matter...... I go to bed every day with the hope of not waking up the next day... Since I couldn't kill myself I started throwing tantrums at God hoping he'd smite me dead but still on still God no gree take my life.

But the good thing is I have learnt to make a good picture outta the negative... Although it ain't easy getting up when you hit rock bottom especially when you got no one to help you stand up.. But you just have to use your last strength if not life will walk all over you... You go turn to footmat ....

Reach out to someone whenever that spirit kicks in... Talk to somebody

(this platform helped loads) and I go remain grateful till death... Even if eventually I rest today my spirit man will be happy cos I died fighting ...

I rather die like a king than enjoy the benefits of life as a slave

RIp fella I just hope you find peace wherever you are now

Happy new month
#weMARCH4ward
Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by cooltola(m): 2:20am On Mar 02, 2022
Betting na biggest scam
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:22am On Mar 02, 2022
Musty42gud:

I didn't say life football, I said virtual
Oh, I don't bet so I have no idea what that means.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by TheRealOwner(m): 3:09am On Mar 02, 2022
DarkJeddi:
What is there to be confused about?

Follow the time line of his posts..

He initially explained what happened..

Went on to solicit for funds..

And when no help was available..

He killed himself..

A lot of Nigerians can't properly digest information and it's just so sad to see.

Just look at the number of people on this thread claiming that betting was responsible, even when it's clearly mentioned that a scammer took all the money!

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by TheRealOwner(m): 3:12am On Mar 02, 2022
theamazonguru:

The truth is most people wont tell you the whole story. The exact way it happened or the full gist.
I am very sorry to say, but there is a high probability that the guy was killed by his own greed.
How do i mean?
I have lost counts of how many times those yeye sporty bet scammers tried their luck on me. Of course they failed even before they started.
The format is one and the same. Let me try paint a scenario.

Scammer: Hey brotherly, i am Musa Chukwudi Ayomide, i work with sporty bet. I have an offer for you. We will both make good money, ok. Only promise not to betray me. This is the deal. I have an insider's info with which i came up with a software. With this software which i will give you, all you need do is place a bet and you are sure of making X100 of that amount. That is if you place a bet of say N1,000 you will win N100,000. How do i benefit from this? Once you get the X100 of your balance, withdraw it and send my 30% to me, while you keep 70%. I guess that is fair enough.
First of all do you have a sportybet account?
Me: Yes i do
Scammer: Good. Is it funded?
Me: Yes please.
Scammer: Can you login and show me the account?
Me: Yeah sure.
Me logged in, screenshot the account, sent to him
Scammer: Nice, perfect. Congratulations.
Let me show you how this is going to play out.
He then sends a video.

Video shows how he logs in, places a bet, activates the said software, then his balance changes from the old to a new one which is like X100 of the old balance.
Scammer: Did you watch the watch?
Me: Yes. Wow that's awesome. How can i start?
Scammer: I am going to send you the software now. Click on it and login. Make sure you login correctly.
Me: Ok, i understand.
Scammer: Sends a link.
"This is a phishing site, which mimics the original sporty bet site. Once you log in with your real/correct login details. That is all. He now has access to your account. He logs in and transfers your cash balance to himself."
You are left crying and contemplating suicide.

This is the format some guys use to defraud many of their crypto and other digital assets.
BE WARNED.

God bless you bro. I'm really surprised many people are so ignorant about these formats
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by TheRealOwner(m): 3:21am On Mar 02, 2022
Awoo88:

I read and I assimilated well. Only a fool will kill himself because of 1.5million Naira. Infact only a fool will kill himself at all. It is life that gives hope. Na person wen die him own finish.

Celebrities worth millions of dollars that kill themselves nko? Are they fools too??

Actors, musicians, comedians, politicians, entrepreneurs who have hit it big commit suicide too

It's very easy for you to sit in your comfort zone and judge a dead man who got his account hacked and his money moved

Do you know if the money was truly his or was simply kept with him??

Do you know if he had plans that entirely depended on the money?

Do you know whether he had no other options or means to replace the money?

Stop judging people whose story and circumstances you know NOTHING about
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by afamaustin(m): 3:41am On Mar 02, 2022
vibre:
RIP Mr Ayuba, this world is not our home, we are just passing through. They should give him his 7 virgins in heaven, he has earned it.
how and who told u the HV seven Virgins for him
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Herbephe1(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2022
betting is really bad. ai was introduced to betting few months ago and it's plunged me into 30k debt. The first week I started betting,I won 4k with 600 on sportybet,I didn't withdraw it because I thought it's not huge enough,I was planning to cash out when it reached #10k upward. I was in lecture room waiting for my bch lecturer,then I decided to log in and I realised someone had logged in to my account used the #5k to play virtual 2odds then cashed out after winning. I have been been duped in my life until that day. They I left the school immediately then went to my bank to block my ATM because I saved my details on the site.
Sportybet is scam ,full of scammers,I opened it because it allowed you to. bet from #20 upward.... To recover my 5k I opened bet9ja thinking it's so easy to recover the lost money. I kept on trying and kept on loosing,I lost 30k to betting with the mind of recovering my 5k. On the eve of this new year I deleted all my sorting bet account till now I never recover, I'm teaching collecting 10k , it'll take me three months (a whole term) to recover my 30k .
Betting gave me a cap(#5000) and collected my head(#30k my school fees)
Betting is not something to think off not to talk of engaging! Throughout this year I never even bother to check LiveScore

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Agbecassava: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Ordinary 1.5 million not even 15 million

Help me with 10,000 I go take farm my Oga
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by stan4guy6(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2022
Revolution2022:
I thought a sportybet account name must be the same with the bank account names that one registers with.How do scammer manages to withdraw money from sportybet account into another bank with a different name? Sportybet has a hand in this scam.Anyone who is persuading you to register with sportybet and get huge bonus is a scammer.
phishing attack

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2022
Betting is a bad addiction.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by alone1fun12: 7:52am On Mar 02, 2022
VPN
Nord✅
Pia✅
Ipvanish✅
VPN 911✅
Dating sites
Match✅
Pof✅
Ourtime✅
Cupid✅
Etc

Google voice for WhatsApp✅, etc for sale at Affordable price
Chat me up on WhatsApp Me on : 0705 033 1561 for more detail for more detai.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Blackdisciple(m): 7:53am On Mar 02, 2022
Na em sabi
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:02am On Mar 02, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You and your 20 can't stop me.
You have a long way to go Victoria
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by segcymoor(m): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2022
seborrhic:
The only thing I see is someone using indirect means to raise funds for God knows what.
I can bet anything this person is alive and well somewhere.
Suicide indeed!

Please try to put logic... you mean one person trying to raised money for acclaimed dead body?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Sirpaul8798(m): 8:35am On Mar 02, 2022
RIP! Quite sad but death is not an option

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Dies After She Fell & Hit Her Head On A Hard Surface (Pictures) / Nengi Rachel Fubara Has Cancer. Needs N12m For Surgery. Laura Ikeji Reacts (Pics / Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.