Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola (1402 Views)

Osun Governorship Election: Oyetola Reconciles With Aregbesola / Wike Rejects PDP Peace Move, Tells Dickson To Leave Party Immediately / Why I Was Absent During Buhari’s Working Visit To Lagos – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by Ademola47(m): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola -aide

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, said he was not invited to the peace meeting between the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, and Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, on Tuesday.

The PUNCH gathered that the meeting took place at the private residence of Alaafin in a bid to reconcile Tinubu and Aregbesola over their political disagreement.

Reacting to the meeting, Tunde Rahman, Media Adviser to Tinubu, told The PUNCH in a chat that his boss was unopposed to the reconciliatory effort.

In the build-up to the All Progressives Congress governorship primary election in Osun State, Aregbesola attacked Tinubu verbally.

Despite the strong words from Aregbesola, coupled with the crowd that attended the two major rallies his group held ahead of the primary election, Governor Gboyega Oyetola defeated Aregbesola’s anointed candidate, Moshood Adeoti.

Reacting to the meeting, Tinubu’s aide said, “Yes, I saw the pictures of the meeting on social media as you did too. Asíwájú Bola Tinubu was not invited to the meeting.

“I can tell you that clearly. I believe the two traditional rulers intend to reach out to him later. But let me say this clearly: Asíwájú Tinubu has tremendous respect for the traditional institution and particularly for the two eminent royal fathers.

“You would recall that only recently during his consultations and engagements with traditional rulers and other stakeholders in Oyo and Osun states on his presidential aspiration, Asiwaju visited and interfaced with HRM Iku Baba Yeye Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, and HRM Onirisa, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi, in their respective domains.

“If you ask me what Asiwaju’s attitude will be to the reconciliation move, of course, he will welcome and support it. Don’t forget that Asiwaju and the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, are from the same political family. Asíwájú appointed him Commissioner for Works for eight years during his time as Lagos governor.

“He also later drafted him into the Osun governorship race and supported him to be governor in Osun for eight years. I think Asiwaju will factor all of that and where both of them are coming from into the reconciliation efforts. He will not oppose the idea.”

The PUNCH gathered that the monarchs would have a separate meeting with Tinubu over his rift with Aregbesola.

The Punch

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by iSpitonYourGrav: 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by complexBoss12: 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
iSpitonYourGrav:
cry
hm I wasn't going to anything about this thread, but I merely want ask, what's the reason behind your Monika??
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by LegendHero(m): 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Of course he’s not invited.

How can Alaafin & Ooni co-invite Tinubu and he’ll fail to answer. He’s not an omo ale.

They probably want to start with the smaller fish before inviting the bigger fish.

4 Likes

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by FreeStuffsNG: 10:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
Asiwaju Tinubu is the Egbon so by Yoruba culture, they may prefer to talk to the Aburo first.

The good news is that there are Leaders already stepping into the issue.

God bless Oonirisa and Iku Baba Yeye. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

Asiwaju Tinubu will not be a problem at all.

On the Mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.

God bless Nigeria for ever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by OVB123: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
Unfortunatelly for both of them (Tinubu and Aregbesola) they will not get APC presidential ticket in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by qekng40(f): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
Peeps will be disappointed sha
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by gasparpisciotta: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
Aregbe messed up real badly, after all he is not a baby politician.

I guess he is regretting his outbursts now.

His fckx up muxt be treated anyway.

Just a little reminder though!

1 Like

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by Ademola47(m): 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Tinubu is the Egbon so by Yoruba culture, they may prefer to talk to the Aburo first.

The good news is that there are Leaders already stepping into the issue.

God bless Oonirisa and Iku Baba Yeye. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

Asiwaju Tinubu will not be a problem at all.

On the Mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.

God bless Nigeria for ever.

The real issue has not started.

Aregbe's candidate can still decamp to Accord, Labour Party etc and then contest against Tinubu's candidate. Then, their godfathers will show each other who is more influential.

1 Like

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by FreeStuffsNG: 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ademola47:

The real issue has not started.

Aregbe's candidate can still decamp to Accord, Labour Party etc and then contest against Tinubu's candidate. Then, their godfathers will show each other who is more influential.

He won't do that for as long as he is a Federal Minister on APC platform. He is too wise to throw away all his goodwill when he is not the one directly contesting.

He has already tasted the first defeat, he would think twice going ahead. HE Aregbe is not politically naive as you may think he is wink
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by Bravetunde: 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

He won't do that for as long as he is a Federal Minister on APC platform. He is too wise to throw away all his goodwill when he is not the one directly contesting.

He has already tasted the first defeat, he would think twice going ahead. HE Aregbe is not politically naive as you may think he is wink
My Yoruba Muslim brother,you are really trying for the pee poos 98years old Yoruba Muslim president.
Keep it up. grin grin
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 02, 2022
Bravetunde:

My Yoruba Muslim brother,you are really trying for the pee poos 98years old Yoruba Muslim president.
Keep it up. grin grin
Brave okoro why are you so scared of seeing Yoruba reconcile? Ipob are killing and raping in South East, they need your bravery there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by Gadafii: 6:04am On Mar 02, 2022
His absent because his adult Pampers isn't ready yet, make poo poo Daddy nobgo desecrate the oni's palace with poo cheesy
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by Ademola47(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

He can. He knows he most likely won't be sacked because their tenure has almost ended and he himself has no ambition come 2023.

A similar case is Amosun gubernatorial candidate's thwarting in Ogun in 2019.
Re: Peace Move: Why Tinubu Was Absent During Ooni, Alaafin’s Meeting With Aregbesola by FreeStuffsNG: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2022
Ademola47:

He can. He knows he most likely won't be sacked because their tenure has almost ended and he himself has no ambition come 2023.

A similar case is Amosun gubernatorial candidate's thwarting in Ogun in 2019.
Sen. Amosun was a Governor not a Minister who is using an APC slot for his state APC. Honestly, it will not happen under Buhari for his minister to be raising a candidate against APC. HE Aregbesola will rather resign than do that smiley That is why despite all the travails of Alhaji Lai Mohammed, his faction has never mooted the iidea of decamping from APC.

(1) (Reply)

Russian Forces Abadoned Their Tanks, Fled Their Post / Encounter With The Eastern Security Network Aka Umuoma. / Ibadan Based Cleric Declare For Presidency On Platform Of APC (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.