Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia (15191 Views)

Maersk Suspends All Container Shipping To Russia / Kabul: US Military Suspends All Military Flights / New COVID-19 Strain: Belgium Suspends All Flights From UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
But America continues to buy Russian oil in large quantities everyday even as their war rages.
Ode
Pipe line had been damaged
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Who is losing? Apple.
Lol
You need lecture

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by stevups(m): 9:01am On Mar 02, 2022
badbreathcure101:
With the amount of oil reserves Russia has its the world that will suffer. Unless everyone shifts to electrical cars we can expect a world fuel deficit.
Russia does not have the monopoly of oil.

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by kiddkash(m): 9:02am On Mar 02, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
But America continues to buy Russian oil in large quantities everyday even as their war rages.
which is what people do not understand, even Europeans are buying their oil as they sanction them.

but the fool zeleinsky, a puppet that doesn't understand politics is being played any how

3 Likes

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by yetunsbay(m): 9:03am On Mar 02, 2022
jmoore:
Those shouting "Who dey lose" are displaying their ignorance.

Everything is not about profit. Putin will be brought down to his knees.
no mind them wetin dem sabi. Some Nairaland members sabi pass Apple Board
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by bepositive11: 9:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Frankiss44:

They will tell u it is western media cheesy

Don't mind them grin
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by kingthreat(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2022
caracas:

You can only do well if you’re in good terms with the west… if tomorrow china decides to be anti west in anyway, the west will destroy them economically n politically..

America owes China trillions
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Focusmind: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2022
internationalman:
I've yet to see one popular Russian product Putin supporters enjoy...

Most hating on the USA are probably typing their comments with Apple products or HP computers..

If it's not hypocrisy then it's stupidity

AK 47 undecided
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Akinboboz(m): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2022
Praxis758:
Breaking News..........

In light of the current bellicose and despotic character of Vladimir Putin, I have imposed a total ban on Emu Oguro (Palm Wine) from being exported to Russia from Ogbagi-Akoko, Ondo state.

We have imposed that Emu Oguro Ogbagi sanction on Russia till further notice.

Omo iya, ka ba kin, you're damn funny nigga. �
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2022
Idiots and fools here in NL supporting that bastard putin, don't know what is happening globally.

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by InvertedHammer: 9:24am On Mar 02, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Who is losing? Apple.
/
Lolz. Like Apple cares.

To put it into perspective, as a company, Apple is valued at about 8x the GDP of the giant of Africa called Nigeria.

/

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by chukxie(m): 9:41am On Mar 02, 2022
kingthreat:
China is doing well without the West. Same with Iran and North Korea. It is time for Russia to do the same.
India can also do the same. As for African nations, we are dependencies till tomorrow.

Putin has failed to develop Russia beyond being a military superpower. Russia under Putin lacks the business savviness of the Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Koreans...How many Russian products have you seen on the international market?
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Anchuna: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2022
At 9 to 10 million barrels of oil per day, America is the largest oil producer in the world and doesn't buy crude Oil from Russia. America economy is highly diversified that is why you may not know about this, unlike here in Nigeria with 1.5 to 2 million barrels of oil per day makes us a monoeconomy and a poor country.
BeardedmeatR:

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by caracas: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2022
kingthreat:

America owes China trillions
America is by far the biggest economy

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Cancel culture has been imported into international politics by " woke liberals" zombies ...this weaponizing of American commercial products will do America no good in the long term , after this crisis is over watch how countries start to come up with plans to dump American tech ecosystems for home grown ones like the Chinese
seems your mental capabilities are in doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by badbreathcure101: 10:19am On Mar 02, 2022
stevups:

Russia does not have the monopoly of oil.
who told you so? Since ww2 Russia has the largest crude oild deposit and they have been controlling the price since. Russia and uae controls the market bro
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Tzar(m): 10:31am On Mar 02, 2022
Nigerians are just terrible people with zero moral values! Those saying Apple lost are just funny thinkers.
Unlike most Africans who think like baboons and monkeys, there is something called ETHICS and PRINCIPLES. As a business, the financial bottomline is not the ONLY reasons why you do business. Sometimes you can choose not to sell to someone who has money because of your convictions.
You can even get gratification from giving part or ALL your profit away in philanthropy. This is what a lot of Africans cannot process.
That is why rascists like Donald Trump's father refused to rent or sell his properties to Blacks who had money to pay.
It is possible to derive satisfaction from not selling to people you are not happy with. Such satisfaction can even surpass financial gains.
Some Nigerians do it a lot. They will prefer to loose a sale by giving the buyer they don't like a high price. Even if such buyers leave, they still get a deep sense of satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by SarkinYarki: 10:42am On Mar 02, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
seems your mental capabilities are in doubt

Calm down , I am the one with triple digit IQ here though
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Gospel2Day: 10:49am On Mar 02, 2022
BeardedmeatR:

They stopped Fracking which made them Energy Independent under Trump to become dependent on their enemies for energy.
Isn't Biden so wise?
Trump warned EU about what is happening.
The Western Media mocked him.
Now they have seen who's wise and who's foolish.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by VERDA: 10:51am On Mar 02, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Trust me every country is learning, you might be allies with US today but what of Tommorow you fall out with them , is this how they will shut down Google pay and Apple pay on your citizens that depend on them ?

I get your point and all....but bro, this is not a falling out, this is a country declaring war on another country and the situation is so dicey if not handled well might lead to a world war...

Putin threatened the possibility of going nuclear, so again, this is not a simple falling out...

Lastly when as a leader you decide to take a decision that puts you against a huge portion of the world, you should think about your citizens, my point is apple did not just wake up to take that decision, we must be ready for consequences of our actions even on those who played no role in deciding them, that is why citizens must hold their leaders to account because often times, they suffer the consequence of their actions.
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by VERDA: 10:57am On Mar 02, 2022
kingthreat:
China is doing well without the West. Same with Iran and North Korea. It is time for Russia to do the same.
India can also do the same. As for African nations, we are dependencies till tomorrow.

Iran and north Korea doing well lol, you must have another definition of doing well...

And just so you know, America is China's biggest trading partner so I really don't understand where your getting your own facts from...

Read more.

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Lightorder: 11:02am On Mar 02, 2022
tamdun:
Apples sales too will drop, no be only Russia go suffer
you think they didn’t think it through? Don’t cry for their losses, it is their problem and not yours , mr putin apologist

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Lightorder: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Oduduwatic:
Who is sanctioning who? Who will feel the pain the most? Certainly not the buyer.
is it your pain ?
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Praxis758: 11:05am On Mar 02, 2022
Akinboboz:

Omo iya, ka ba kin, you're damn funny nigga. �

Daada ni o.

Se omo Ogbagi-Akoko no i ya?
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by VERDA: 11:11am On Mar 02, 2022
olugabbie:

Most people don't hate the US. People want see a world where countries will be treated fairly

US invaded Iraq on lies. They lied to the whole world that Iraq has weapon of mass destruction. Iraq has been ruined. Iraqis are suffering now. People don't sympatise with the Iraqis because we have been brainwashed. They tag them terrorists for wanting to take back their country from the US imposed government.

Libyans used to be the luckiest people on earth. Gaddafi gave them everything they need. Now Libyans are the most unfortunate people. NATO has destroyed the country completely. The Libyans realise this and attacked the US consolate and killed the US ambassador to Libya.

The same thing was done in Yogoslavia, cuba e.t.c. The US forcefully remove government s of sovereign countries and impose new governments on the people.

All these astrocities were carried out and not a single sanction was levelled against the US.

This is why i don't support a unipolar world. In a unipolar world. There is only one master (US). This one master can do anything that others are not allowed to do.

But if we have a multipolar world. The most powerful country on earth (US) can be challenged and call to order.

So this is not about what is right or wrong for you but about the bad decisions the US made in the past?...

So in your mind because US made bad decisions in the past, Russia has the right to start a war that may kill millions? And should not be called to order?

Sometimes I wonder if we are moving forward as a human race, it is thinking like this that slows down progress...it's just like saying that if some retards in the north killed some easterners in their domain some time ago however wrong they might have been, it is ok for some retards in the east to also kill innocent northerners in their region too, after all, the northerners killed easterners first...

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by VERDA: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2022
rufflychux:
This is why the technology world needs to breakaway from the western
world's monopolistic Hegemonic dominance in the techno sphere.
The world desperately needs a system not based on Western building blocks.

Windows OS, Mac OS X, Android OS, Linux - These are wielding a strangle hegemonic hold on the tech-verse.

No be only breakaway, is anybody stopping others from technological advancement?

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by VERDA: 11:20am On Mar 02, 2022
StPete:
With all these bans and sanctions, the world is gradually pushing Russia to become self-sufficient, independent and self-reliant to provide certain services for itself. Very soon Russia would become like China, developing everything it needs internally or worse case, become a staunch partner to using Chinese devices and services

It should be the goal of every county to be self sufficient, but I have a feeling we misunderstand what being self sufficient is? No country can do without the outside world, the China you use as an example has US as it's biggest trading partner...

In business you grow when people buy your product, you can never be bigger than a country whose market is the whole world if your market is just the shores of your country, ask North Korea...

Even China understands this which is why they have not come out to outrightly support Putin, they are staying neutral...

The US and European Union are their first and second biggest trading partners respectively and any disruption will affect business at home, slow growth, decrease opportunities for job creation, leading to unemployment, poverty, civil unrest...that is how it goes...

My point, no country can be self sufficient, if what you mean is been isolated from the outside world.

1 Like

Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by olugabbie(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2022
VERDA:

So this is not about what is right or wrong for you but about the bad decisions the US made in the past?...

So in your mind because US made bad decisions in the past, Russia has the right to start a war that may kill millions? And should not be called to order?

Sometimes I wonder if we are moving forward as a human race, it is thinking like this that slows down progress...it's just like saying that if some retards in the north killed some easterners in their domain some time ago however wrong they might have been, it is ok for some retards in the east to also kill innocent northerners in their region too, after all, the northerners killed easterners first...

May God help us

This is one of the problem we are facing in the world. People attaching emotion to everything. Is like some people find it hard to comprehend what they read.

I highlighted the disadvantages of a unipolar world with example. Where exactly did i mention Russia?
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by VERDA: 11:37am On Mar 02, 2022
olugabbie:

This is one of the problem we are facing in the world. People attaching emotion to everything. Is like some people find it hard to comprehend what they read.

I highlighted the disadvantages of a unipolar world with example. Where exactly did i mention Russia?

No one is attaching emotions to anything, your whole writeup was as a result of the ongoing debate about the Russian/Ukraine war...

And about the world been unipolar, like I stated earlier, nobody is stopping others from not advancing, the world is not fair, and those with the greatest technology and prosperity wield the greatest power, and will exercise it to their advantage always...
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Akinboboz(m): 11:52am On Mar 02, 2022
Praxis758:

Daada ni o.

Se omo Ogbagi-Akoko no i ya?

Yes, I'm from ogbagi
Re: Apple Suspends All Product Sales In Russia by Praxis758: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2022
Akinboboz:

Yes, I'm from ogbagi

Wow!!!!

Which part?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japanese PM, Kishida Evacuated After Bomb Scare, Suspect Apprehended / Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact / University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.