Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,279 members, 7,826,082 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. (15207 Views)

Jonathan Congratulates Netanyahu On His Re-Election As Israeli Prime Minister / Mississippi Finally Agrees To End Slavery / Racially Motivated Murder In Mississippi - Caught On Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229300/Ole-Miss-students-yell-racial-slurs-campus-riot-protesting-Obamas-reelection.html

Ole Miss students yell out racial slurs in campus riot protesting Obama's reelection

President Obama's call for unity in his acceptance speech in Chicago didn't quite make it down South.

A riot broke out at The University of Mississippi - known as Ole Miss - as more than 400 students yelled out racial slurs and burned Obama-Biden campaign posters after the Democratic incumbent was crowned the victor of the 2012 Presidential Election on Tuesday.
Emotions ran high among the angered college conservatives in Oxford, Mississippi, with university police being called in shortly after midnight to diffuse the crowd.

The incident began as a small gathering of frustrated voters, meeting to share their misery at Obama getting another four years in office, shortly after midnight.
But word soon spread over social media and the crowd began to swell to hundreds of students. yelling out racial slurs, chanting anti-Obama rhetoric and some reportedly throwing rocks at cars.

'Disperse or go to jail,' University Police Department officers told the crowd, according to the student newspaper, The Daily Mississippian.
But Ole Miss student Nicholas Carr tweeted that the whole thing was being overblown, saying that more people were taking pictures of the so-called riot than actually joining in on the chanting.
'I was there the whole time. No rocks were thrown. There was 1 sign lit on fire. For about 45 seconds,' Carr wrote.
'Mostly, it was 100s of college kids who heard the word riot and ran to take pictures and see what it was about. Again, no rocks or missiles thrown.'
But the school's administration confronted students on Wednesday and blasted last night's behavior as 'a very immature and uncivil approach to expressing their views about the election,' University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones said in statement.

More :

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ole-students-hold-candlelight-march-counter-anti-obama-demonstration-article-1.1198946

http://globalgrind.com/news/ole-miss-university-mississippi-students-speak-out-racist-obama-riot-details

1 Like

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by eduson55(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
and?
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
Even in our own beloved country where the best rigger wins (all presidential aspirants rig elections here), nothing unseats a president even if dozens of fresh graduates are barbecued, how much less in a country where the election is free and fair? We simply take the best rigger as the will of God. Those kids need some spanking!

4 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Would that change the winner? I see a group of guys burning election papers in celebration . grin
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Someone's really messing with these kids heads!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by dabrake(m): 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
PDP and GEJ just condemned the protest, blaming it on the opposition parties.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
THIS IS TO SHOW THAT YOUR SO CALLED AMERICANS ARE RACISTS AND BIGOTS.
WELL,I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.
I ONLY PITY SOME NIJA PEOPLE THAT WORSHIP THESE PRETENDERS CALLED AMERICANS.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
In as much as I dont subscribe to the obama hype, this sh1t makes me want to kill red necks!
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by ABAOmi(m): 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ok
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Kemy11(m): 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
I thought this kind thing dey happn only for naija Almighty America ur easiest way to fall
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
Its kinda cool to note that its not only MAULAG students that like to protest.
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by tnktosin(m): 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
At least there was campus police on ground to take charge of the situation. If na naija by now u'd be reading "at least 50 dead"

3 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nuzo1(m): 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
I believe the students have the right to protest against Obama, albeit in a civil way.
However, I called my cousins in the school to confirm their safety. They instead laughed at me for believing the propaganda. Just a few drunk hyperactive students.

Though its none of my business but It was overblown by the conservative media.

1 Like

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
cracker azz crackers

3 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by toshmann(m): 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU: THIS IS TO SHOW THAT YOUR SO CALLED AMERICANS ARE RACISTS AND BIGOTS.

this is true. trust me, i live in ohio. i voted for romney bc i'm a republican and i agree with the republican agenda. but racism is real, even here in ohio. if ohio has racism, them mississippi has it 200times. because those southern states are . . . . . OMG lipsrsealed

Kemy11: I thought this kind thing dey happn only for naija Almighty America ur easiest way to fall

LOL. Welcome to the new world. after the republican governors tried sooooooo much to rig the elections, i was so ashamed to be republican this week. who blames colling powel for departing. just that democrats will take america down the drain with weed, abortions, debt and welfare.
anyway . . .
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by LETDEMSAY(f): 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
undecided more like campaigning after elections. dumb rednecks.
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
Way to go guys
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
obadiah777: cracker azz crackers

they be bowing down to that sh1t. lol

4 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
LETDEMSAY: undecided more like campaigning after elections. dumb rednecks.

"Protest" dumb blackneck
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU: THIS IS TO SHOW THAT YOUR SO CALLED AMERICANS ARE RACISTS AND BIGOTS.
and this trully shows that u know nothing

2 Likes

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
toshmann:

this is true. trust me, i live in ohio. i voted for romney bc i'm a republican and i agree with the republican agenda. but racism is real, even here in ohio. if ohio has racism, them mississippi has it 200times. because those southern states are . . . . . OMG lipsrsealed

LOL. Welcome to the new world. after the republican governors tried sooooooo much to rig the elections, i was so ashamed to be republican this week. who blames colling powel for departing. just that democrats will take america down the drain with weed, abortions, debt and welfare.
anyway . . .
and you still voted for the party synonymous with racism
wow
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
celebrating BLACKNESS
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Would the protest stop them from swearing in Obama?

And As far as I know, Marijuana hasn't been legalized in Mississippi and dem dey behave like crackheads.

Mississippi is said to be the poorest state in the US yet na dem dey shout

1 Like

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by dabrake(m): 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

you will be banned for 24 hours. Believe me
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Okijajuju aka Cuntdestroyer

Which kain nonsense be that wey you dey post?
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
dabrake:
you will be banned for 24 hours. Believe me

yaeh yeah..You be preaching to the choir I have a pending ban till 2135.

moar superior race.
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
Obama: I put it to you sir that mah d1k is longer by a foot

Mitt: don't go there. Thats racist!

Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Cuntdestroyer.....Your name speaks volume.
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

they will bow down in due time. they will. i guarantee you that grin
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Julieccentric: @Cuntdestroyer.....Your name speaks volume.

I destroy em like a tasmanian devil on heat.

moar superior race. BLACK POWER!
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Even Hitler approves of this election outcome!
Re: University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. by CuntDestroyer: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
dayokanu: OkijajujuODB, OK2NV, OKSNV aka Cuntdestroyer

Which kain nonsense be that wey you dey post?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malaysian Navy Helicopters Collide In Mid-Air, Killing All 10 Crew Members / People Complain That They Can't Access Services As Companies Mourn The Queen / Israel-Hamas War: UK Begins Evacuation Of Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.