Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Pls Help My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help My Car (1984 Views)

I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself! / My Car In Police Custody?? / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
Okay, I'll go straight to it.
I'm going to explain what has been done to the car to paint a clearer picture and rule out areas already looked at.
My car is a Camry 2004 with 4 cylinders(i4)

The car has been having acceleration issues.

The prob became very noticeable when my fuel finished on the road.

Anytime I match d throttle pass 2000rpm is struggles to pass beyond that point. The engine makes a noise as though the exhaust has blown. I'll have to match d throttle to the end and hold on for some time before it will jerk and accelarte a slowly while making a loud rev noise.

I took d car to a mechanic when the car started making reving noises (like ur exhaust had blown) and was vibrating Eve when the car wasn't accelerating (When the ignition was on)

The tank was emptied and cleaned while a new fuel was added the problem persisted
The fuel pump was replaced with another but the prob persisted
The four spark plugs were changed, the problem persisted.

One faulty coil was changed, the car became much quieter (no more reving or vibrations) but the car still had acceleration issues.
Injector and nozzles were serviced, d problem still persisted.
O2 sensor/fuel air sensor was checked and nothing was wrong with it.

All these and the prob still persists.
The mechanic suggested that it's probably bad fuel again that I should burn it out and refill with a better one.

I'm tired.
Is there anything I'm missing or haven't checked. Pls suggestions.
Re: Pls Help My Car by inforesource: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
Is your car automatic or manual? I had similar problem with my first car, it was manual.
Re: Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
inforesource:
Is your car automatic or manual? I had similar problem with my first car, it was manual.
It's automatic.
Re: Pls Help My Car by Dozieson(m): 5:23am On Mar 05, 2022
JoinMarco:
I'm going to explain what has been done to the car to paint a clearer picture and rule out areas already looked at.

Anytime I match d throttle pass 2000rpm is struggles to pass beyond that point. The engine makes a noise as though the exhaust has blown. I'll have to match d throttle to the end and hold on for some time before it will jerk and accelarte a slowly while making a loud rev noise.

I took d car to a mechanic when the car started making reving noises (like ur exhaust had blown) and was vibrating Eve when the car wasn't accelerating (When the ignition was on)

The tank was emptied and cleaned while a new fuel was added the problem persisted

One faulty coil was changed, the car became much quieter (no more reving or vibrations) but the car still had acceleration issues.

The mechanic suggested that it's probably bad fuel again that I should burn it out and refill with a better one.

I'm tired.

Why do you guys waste money on your cars without proper diagnosis?

That's why I advise every car users to get the OBD2 Bluetooth car scanner. A simple scan may tell you the problem of this car.

Try and scan your car today and stop wasting your hard earn money on parts and repairs

7 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 5:29am On Mar 05, 2022
Dozieson:

Why do you guys waste money on your cars without proper diagnosis?

That's why I advise every car users to get the OBD2 Bluetooth car scanner. A simple scan may tell you the problem of this car.

Try and scan your car today and stop wasting your hard earn money on parts and repairs
I think I'll do that seeming we've tried all the possible solutions. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Car by felix55(m): 7:00am On Mar 05, 2022
Scan ur car and share code here... Stop dashing out money ..
Re: Pls Help My Car by Elsueno: 7:31am On Mar 05, 2022
transmission probably?
Re: Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
felix55:
Scan ur car and share code here... Stop dashing out money ..
I'll do that thanks.
Re: Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
Elsueno:
transmission probably?
No, d transmission is fine. Thanks
Re: Pls Help My Car by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:59am On Mar 06, 2022
Call me,I will fix your car for you.08092757438
Re: Pls Help My Car by zabimaru: 5:15am On Mar 07, 2022
JoinMarco:

No, d transmission is fine. Thanks

And you know this how?
Those are signs of transmission failure, but they are also signs of other issues including engine failure.

Only a scan tool can give you an idea of what is going on.
Re: Pls Help My Car by Cokahot: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
It has entered loop mode,either throttle sensor is bad
Re: Pls Help My Car by Alvin007: 7:51am On Mar 08, 2022
Check your catalysts…I hope your exhaust system is not blocked?
Re: Pls Help My Car by xperiencelove(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2022
Bro, there is a sensor called crankshaft position sensor which our mechanic calls starting sensor, it is beneath your alternator and its wire pass through under the alternator belt. Check if the wire insulator has not been peeled by alternator belt. You can test another sensor with correct camry starting sensor.
Re: Pls Help My Car by 9japarts: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
JoinMarco:

I'm tired.

I missed where you scanned the vehicle.

It will save you a lot of headache, that way, we can proffer a close fix
Re: Pls Help My Car by nnekaike(f): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
9japarts:

I missed where you scanned the vehicle.

It will save you a lot of headache, that way, we can proffer a close fix
do you scan vehicles or sell vehicle scanners?
Re: Pls Help My Car by 9japarts: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2022
nnekaike:
do you scan vehicles or sell vehicle scanners?

What your car needs is not just a scan, but a competent mechanic. Competent techs, don't just repair vehicles, they check the fault codes first.

It not just about scanning, but getting a lead on the cause of the malfunction, and fixing it right afterwards
Re: Pls Help My Car by diportivo: 6:38am On Mar 10, 2022
9japarts:

What your car needs is not just a scan, but a competent mechanic. Competent techs, don't just repair vehicles, they check the fault codes first.

It not just about scanning, but getting a lead on the cause of the malfunction, and fixing it right afterwards

how do u suddenly know what his car needs?

how are you sure he doesn't have a competent mechanic??
Re: Pls Help My Car by 9japarts: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2022
diportivo:

how do u suddenly know what his car needs?

how are you sure he doesn't have a competent mechanic??

lipsrsealed
Re: Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
The car has finally been fixed, Glory be to God.

Here's what actually happened.
After reading through what you said (I really appreciate the input) I suspected the exhaust was blocked.

I took it to another mechanic(God bless him) and he checked the exhaust system and discovered it was actually blocked due to wrong placement of the filter thereby disrupting the Air flow system.

The fuel pump was also not working properly.

Now the car now runs smoothly even faster than before.

We move. See u all on the road.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Car by Dozieson(m): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
JoinMarco:

After reading through what you said (I really appreciate the input) I suspected the exhaust was blocked.

I took it to another mechanic(God bless him) and he checked the exhaust system and discovered it was actually blocked due to wrong placement of the filter thereby disrupting the Air flow system.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Car by Alvin007: 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
JoinMarco:

Alas…I was right. I once experienced this and it damaged the engine before I figured out
that it was a case of ‘blocked exhaust’. I’m glad you still have yours running. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Car by JoinMarco: 1:53am On Mar 13, 2022
Alvin007:

Alas…I was right. I once experienced this and it damaged the engine before I figured out
that it was a case of ‘blocked exhaust’. I’m glad you still have yours running. Cheers.
Oh, sorry to hear.
Thank God for my car

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HELP ME!!! BMW E36 / Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars / Advice On Acura 3.2TL 2002 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.