Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

C/c++ Helper. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C/c++ Helper. (2390 Views)

Programming FUN With Code Snippets!! -C++,C#, Java,php,python Or Any Language!! / Simple Code Challenge: C#, Java, C, C++ / Is C# Better Than C/C++? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C/c++ Helper. by profCC: 4:22am On Jun 29, 2011
#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
printf("AM A PROFESSIONAL C/C++ PROGRAMMER.\nI do realize that many people find it difficult to code in c/c++ language.\nAm HERE to fix that.\nTELL me the area you have problem.PROGRAMING IS FUN."wink;
}
Re: C/c++ Helper. by Fayimora(m): 6:53am On Jun 29, 2011
Welcome grin
Re: C/c++ Helper. by csharpjava(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2011
Edited:
Thanks for starting this thread. Can you show an example of the code you would use to avoid a pointer from corrupting the memory space of the operating system?
Re: C/c++ Helper. by barlery: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2011
pls can i get a link to download C++ compiler.
thanks
Re: C/c++ Helper. by csharpjava(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
barlery:

pls can i get a link to download C++ compiler.
thanks

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/files/Binaries/Dev-C%2B%2B%204.9.9.2/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe/download
Re: C/c++ Helper. by mikeblitz: 4:11am On Dec 15, 2011
guys i need help ASAP since i need to submit this miniproject and i need 1 more minor questions need asnwered.

the C++ coding is given below, i need to change it to function type but giving out the same output.

#include <iostream>
#define SIZE 7
using namespace std;

int main()
{

int A[ SIZE ] = { 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128};
int i, j;
int total = 0;

cout <<"Value of array: ";
for ( j = 0; j <SIZE; j++)
cout<< A[j] <<" ";
cout<<endl;

for ( i = 0; i < SIZE; i++ )
{
total += A[i];
}

cout << "Total of 2 power n from 2 to 128 are: "<<total;
return 0;

}

thanks in advance if anyonemanaged to answer it within 30 minutes from now.
Re: C/c++ Helper. by SonoraRose: 4:47am On Dec 15, 2011
Hi Mikeblitz,

If I understand the question correctly, you are asked to use a function in the main.
So all you have to do is move the current code you see in main into a function that you'll define.

For example:

#include <iostream>
#define SIZE 7
using namespace std;

//define and declare a new function
void power_of_two () {

int i, j;
int total = 0;

cout<< A[j] <<" ";
cout<<endl;

{
total += A[i];
}

}

int main()
{

power_of_two();

return 0;

}

My answer is pretty simplistic. Hopefully that's what your teacher is asking for.

Best of Luck!
Re: C/c++ Helper. by auwalup(m): 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
Any one with any idea {am using bloodshed devc\cpp} am trying to attach the grafix.h header file i downloaded but cant get it right
Re: C/c++ Helper. by lordZOUGA(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
SonoraRose:

Hi Mikeblitz,

If I understand the question correctly, you are asked to use a function in the main.
So all you have to do is move the current code you see in main into a function that you'll define.

For example:

#include <iostream>
#define SIZE 7
using namespace std;

//define and declare a new function
void power_of_two () {

int i, j;
int total = 0;

cout<< A[j] <<" ";
cout<<endl;

{
total += A[i];
}

}

int main()
{

power_of_two();

return 0;

}

My answer is pretty simplistic. Hopefully that's what your teacher is asking for.

Best of Luck!

very very much simplistic, dat it looks much more lyk his original problem, I think his tutor wud be impressed if he declares everything in the main then define a function that prints the contents of the array and then define another function that finds the total of the array and prints it

(1) (Reply)

Coding: Why You Need To Be A Computer Programmer / How To Build A CMS! Freedom From Wordpress.. / Programming Turns 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.