Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? (264 Views)

Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / What's The Point Of Circumcision As Commanded By (abrahamic) Religions? / How To Live In The Presence Of God Almighty Like The Scriptures Commanded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by winningwinner(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2022
I went to a married Christian's house who was managing one room apartment with his beautiful wife. When we entered the well dressed and arranged room that served as their bedroom as well as their parlour, the seats could not accommodate all of us and behold a well dressed family bed inviting the rest of without seats to sit on it. I made the first move, and the man of the house warned me never to sit on the bed. We waited for long for more seats but it took time to arrive. At this time my legs have started to hurt and to help myself I took the boldest move and sat on the bed. I believed there was nothing much to it as in my own house there was no such restrictions.
The man thundered from behind, "I told you not to sit there...!" I quickly sprang on my feet while the man was so sad about my action. The question I have for sincere Christians here is, are there implications for sitting on a married man's bed innocently as I did without having anything in mind?
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by AntiChristian: 9:24am On Mar 06, 2022
winningwinner:
I went to a married Christian's house who was managing one room apartment with his beautiful wife. When we entered the well dressed and arranged room that served as their bedroom as well as their parlour, the seats could not accommodate all of us and behold a well dressed family bed inviting the rest of without seats to sit on it. I made the first move, and the man of the house warned me never to sit on the bed. We waited for long for more seats but it took time to arrive. At this time my legs have started to hurt and to help myself I took the boldest move and sat on the bed. I believed there was nothing much to it as in my own house there was no such restrictions.
The man thundered from behind, "I told you not to sit there...!" I quickly sprang on my feet while the man was so sad about my action. The question I have for sincere Christians here is, are there implications for sitting on a married man's bed innocently as I did without having anything in mind?

You should be sued for invasion of privacy! Are you trying to defile the bed?

You're interfering in the other room turf despite the warning!

1 Like

Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by winningwinner(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
AntiChristian:

Interesting... Did the Bible forbid me from sitting on someone's bed?
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
winningwinner:
What has the man's private issues to do with God? undecided

I mean why would you leap to suppose that the man's issue, or superstitions, regarding a piece of furniture has anything to do with God or what God commands? undecided
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
AntiChristian:

Defile the bed , how? undecided
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
winningwinner:
What has bible or God to do with any of what you experienced? How did you reach to draw this inference? That is what I am more interested in understanding. undecided
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by AntiChristian: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Defile the bed , how? undecided

Just Sarcasm!
Many tribes detest such acts of sitting on their matrimonial bed as such is meant for the couples only.
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by AntiChristian: 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
winningwinner:

No! But you are in someone's house. At least you should obey him not to sit on his bed!

It may be off-putting to him.
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
winningwinner:
I... The question I have for sincere Christians here is, are there implications for sitting on a married man's bed innocently as I did without having anything in mind?

His house, his rules just like God's World, therefore God's, Rules!
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by Image123(m): 5:54am On Mar 08, 2022
winningwinner:

It's just his personal preference which you should respect since you came to his house. You are the guilty one as you said that the man warned you and that his wife is beautiful.
Re: Religious Superstition Or Commanded By God? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 08, 2022
winningwinner:

Nothing to do with the Bible. His house. His rules. You don't need to religionize everything.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does God Permit Suffering? / ECONOMIC Disaster Soon, Nigerians Will Suffer Extreme Hardship-primate Ayodele / Please I Need Someone To Explain This Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.