Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

30,000 Websites Project - City Development - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 30,000 Websites Project - City Development (11767 Views)

Wordpress E-commerce Plug-in Puts Over 5,000 Websites At Risk / It Certification Course For As Little As 30,000 Naira / I Need A Ready Made Website,not More Than #30.000: And I Want: .com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by netghost: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
ROTFLMAO, cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamz: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
@lojik:
[s]the problem starts with his use of the word cheap.

How can u spend $300/mo or more on a server, and then go scrounging on $10 to $15/yr domain?

I smell duplicity. Who is fooling who?

Time will tell.[/s]

I forgot. He wants to register 1000 domain names, thats like $9k/yr . With that volume, the pennies do add up.

My bad!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2011
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2011
savar:

i_want_to sharrap there jor,

u cannot make it and i dare u to make it,

people should stop setting lofty dreams that you obviously cannot achieve.

i dont bother to comment on nairaland, but this is way too much

people that have no clue will start praising your useless behind.

SCAMMER ALERT!!!!

You should be the one to shut the f-u-c-k up and go hang yourself.
I hate it so mush when i see pesimist like your kind one million miles from me.
this guy has a dream and you are here trying to run him down
your calling him a scammer is not justified because he didnt ask for a penny from your broke a-s-s self

if you dont take time you will end up being an errand boy for people with great dreams ('cus while they were working or their dreams you were somewhere in your low life corner trying to run them down)

If na oyinbo come here talk him dream (even though it will sound unrealistic< i-d-i-o-t-s like you will give them 100% support) now na fellow naija, you are quick to call him names.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by software(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
wetin u chop? grin grin
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by software(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
bro why u dey lie na?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
Caramba! I have been keeping quiet since, but i cant hold it again.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD? HOW DOES IT BENEFIT ME? IYAM OUT OF HERE!

- HASTA LA VISTA
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by software(m): 11:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ DHTML

I hereby order this thread CLOSED, we need a offering thread where i will be in Charge,

@ I want to, U fit dey build 1 billion website, na God go dey bless u, if na Unemployment be the problem, i advice you sleep at home,
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by worldbest(m): 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
All the best. Dont let anyone discourage you.

@dhtml:  You too dey use things play. Waka komot.

@software. Shut the f*u-ck up jor.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 14, 2011
Lol, Make una no kill me with laugh o!
Come to think of it. How come people believe this guy so easily? Na wa, maga still naija o!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by lojik(m): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2011
Its more like generating 1000 websites than building 1000 websites.
All u pessimists, thank God none of u was around the wright brothers or Edison.

U can mock or scorn or try ur best to discourage the guy all u want. If he fails or he succeeds, at least he did something he believes in with what he knows.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by promarshal: 1:17am On Jul 14, 2011
well i-want-to this is not the right forum for this thread a lot of myopic people here definitely if guys here have been friends to mark zuckerbery, ther will be no facebook, to bill gate they will be no microsoft , gush 90% of nigeria are so shallow that will they will never stop complaining about government , no work etc . they dont know that this project be be give to freelance worker for peanut, it is a laudable project carry on i will PM a site where you could get all the boost,

Thanks man for the using to help your community.

Do ask want your country cab do for you ask what you can do for your country
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by DualCore1: 2:08am On Jul 14, 2011
1000 babes project will make more sense to *dhtml.

I_want_to, nothing much to say. I am more interested in your Bleep up cuz I go break your head personally.
Use namecheap for your domain registration. GTB's mastercard works well with it (when GTBs internet banking isnt down, it goes down like once a month or so, on the average).

Nice server spec, I have servers with same spec but with 24GB RAM. They have served very well for my OpenVZ virtualisations so you've got a strong machine. Except you tiff am (which is impossible) you must have spent about 100k for its initial setup and lease, I commend your commitment.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 14, 2011
I aint no pessimist really, i thought they guy was ehm going to contribute to our script library. Such a framework exists.

I am dissapointed that this guy does not seem to realize that drupal and some other cms are capable of what he says
his custom cms can do - possibly he does not know how to use drupal or some other frameworks so much sha.

Building 1000 websites != Generating 1000 websites.

wtf? i can write one single php script that will use an MVC pattern to generate like 1,000,000 website naa?
Haba? No be .htaccess thingy we go use?

But building even 100 websites self is a big deal even for you self senor lojik.

Haba. You people that are professionals here realize what i am trying to say.

@even with a custom cms, i assume your cms use MVC or something? You need templates for those sites,
possibly plugins and stuffs?
Some of the sites may even require user input, validation, and different kinda modules and stuffs.

Meanwhile, this is something you have codes from the scratch. My question is - is it so superefficient and
superfast that it can 'build' or 'generate' websites in a very short time?

If you for instance want to be cloning websites and changing the contents of each one a bit - that is a different
thing.

BUT IF YOU CAN PULL IT OFF SHA - IT IS A VERY GOOD THING - KEEP IT UP

WHATEVER, SINCE YOU HAVE STARTED THIS, JUST MAKE SURE YOU GIVE US STATS AS FOLLOW-UPS SHA.

MEANWHILE: HOW MANY WEBSITES TOTAL HAVE YOU DONE SO FAR?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by MeandSum: 3:57am On Jul 14, 2011
deleting this duplicate post. sorry, it ended up in spam before smiley
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by azundu1(m): 4:51am On Jul 14, 2011
If this monster he is creating works ehh , I reserve my comment.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by stepo707: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2011
@ op

Even if you can achieve 500 websites, it is still a remarkable achievement.I know you must have done your feasibility studies well b4 embarking on it.
Do you have anyone assisting you?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2011
azu_ndu:

If this monster he is creating works ehh , I reserve my comment.
Wait a minute? I pray and hope it works sha - it will surely make a difference. . .
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by sayso: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2011
@op do not think the great minds announced their target in the public.U DIJ?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamakuza: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2011
At that volume, he shouldnt be trying to register the domain by hand.

He could have sent his list of names to me, syskay, trudigits, web4africa, etc and just paid into their bank accounts.

I believe he should be able to negotiate rock bottom prices, and register all in 2 steps if he knows where to look.

Maybe thats what ladiafm had in mind.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by executinal(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2011
Good thinking, good product cheesy Ride on bro GOD is with you cool
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by netghost: 10:52am On Jul 14, 2011
still ROTFLMAO cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2011
[size=15pt]I think Yawatide was right, It's a really ambitious project.
I  am currently designing free websites for business small businesses and start up's.
That will be my little contribution to help budding Entrepreneurs.
[/size]
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by bros1234(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2011
There is a slight difference between setting high goals and day dreaming. I am in support of both though and would readily join the project. Kudos
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by emenim(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
Sure it is a good idea to be of little help to the citizenry, because in a country where things are not really looking up, you should take the bull by the horn, because you have a choice either to choose the path of greatness, or wait for the Govt that will continue to disappoint the people who voted them into power.
Remember you can achieve greatness and be financially empowered
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by MeandSum: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2011
I think you're making one huge mistake.
I had a client/friend few years ago that created about 2500 sites(different markets and mostly affiliate's or a one page site). He used over 200 servers. It took google less than 6 months to find, and ban each one of those sites!

I'm talking about google of 2005 not that of 2011 which is like 100 time more adapt to weeding out such sites.

You can't run a successful operation with 1000 sites without this being a spanning expenditure. It is just not possible. And $10,000 a day, while achievable, will require millions of quality visitors a day. To achieve that, you'll need to add 4-5 quality content to each site a day. that is 4000 new pages a day for the first few months. Someone other than you would need to manage that sh1t! from experience, one person can manage a max of 30 sites and he/she'll be looking at a 16-hour work day.

few questions 1) who writes content for the sites? 2) if you are using an in-house cms, how do you plan to deal with spam?

one of my sites average 16K unique visitors a day and gets over 1000 spam comments. Thanks to wordpress (or should that be Ma.tt?) for Akismet.
I have no idea how you plan to control spam on 1000 sites!!

Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by experts: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2011
if you re ambitious, that is good. but being over ambitious is what i dislike.

Nothing is impossible,he thought of the idea,he started it, so who said he cant finish it?

Go ahead brother, i will be the number one person to celebrate your success as i see you achieving your 1000 target.

always post your progress here and request for help if need be.

I know Nigerians are good people,great nation.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by MeandSum: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2011
fixed post
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
-
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by success4(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
Carry go jare,,, however,how many have you done so far?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by sley4life(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2011
best of luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder / Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do? / Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.