Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal (10219 Views)

Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Mikeaniebiet(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
As a Nigerian living in Nigeria landing a job is one of hardest jobs cheesy
But then starting a business is no easier, you need the capital and it sure doesn't fall from the skies.
In the end we will most likely decide to work for a while to raise the capital for a business. But very few ever start that business, a lot of us will get comfortable with the job over the years, the security, the guaranteed pay etc.

You can build a staggering career from a job no doubt but if you've always felt that entrepreneurial hunger, nothing beats the feeling of having created something.
Your business is your progeny, you birthed it, it's your idea and a glaring testament to your abilities.

So how do you stay focused while on a job if business is your dream?

Start small! 'do not despise little beginnings' you don't have to wait for when you are ready, that time may never come. There'll always be excuses don't wait for when you can start importing in containers. You can start a business today, thankfully there are websites like gotahia.com that will ease your journey.

You can sit at home decide on the products you want to deal on, search and get contacts of suppliers to work with and get your business up and running with Gotahia.com. If your capital is low you have the option to work with these importers, distributors and even manufacturers to sell their goods. This is an ideal platform for someone who wants to start or go into a new product line as the customer support is superb. Gotahia practically works with you to ensure you make sales when you buy from suppliers there.

This will help you transition into your dream business gradually and with minimal risk.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Bloomberriez: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Yes, I totally agree with this. Being on a job and managing a business sounds stressfullllll.

Well, since you said I can find any supplier I need on Gotahia I can Literally be at work and be doing my business!!! #moneymustbemade

3 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Mikeaniebiet(m): 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Serious money, the means to make it should also be easy as well
Bloomberriez:
Yes, I totally agree with this. Being on a job and managing a business sounds stressfullllll.

Well, since you said I can find any supplier I need on Gotahia I can Literally be at work and be doing my business!!! #moneymustbemade
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Bloomberriez: 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2022
If you can find a job, start a business… just do something. Being idle can lead to depression…

5 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Mikeaniebiet(m): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Exactly
Bloomberriez:
If you can find a job, start a business… just do something. Being idle can lead to depression…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Onexex(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2022
They are some interesting skills you could learn from the comfort of your apartment using your mobile phone and data .this alone would change your financial story for good

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by ispeakbinary: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
Owning and running your own business can be more satisfying and fulfilling than working for someone else. You'll have more freedom and independence working for yourself.

If you think of having an online store or running your own e-commerce/dropshipping business, https://www.stripesuccess.com/ is one of the best goto platform to kick-start. They help you Conduct market research, build and set-up your store to accept payment worldwide with ease.

They can help you set up an online store with all the tools needed to manage, and grow your business
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Sundaypaul12345: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
Business nau

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by WiszyFraud: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
If not a federal government job

Then fxck the job!!!!

lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Purelypure(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Business is not for everyone, also white collar jobs..... Know your calling. Above all, be an investor wether u are salary earner or a business person.

7 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by dontbothermuch: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2022
sad
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by taiwofawole: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2022
Business especially if it is a business that is very profit able , a business that pays in dollars is the best kind of business one can ever invest in this country .

In a country like Nigeria both Job and business are good but ensure the business is either a high value one or a dollar investment , having a business that ohs in dollars is the biggest flex .. one of the best way of investing in dollars is via blogging . If you have the financial ability , invest in blogging now that is one the easiest way to be sure you not solely depending on Naira . As at 2017 $1 was around 320 - 370 now $1 is 550 - 570 , for someone that had a blog in 2017 , 2020 he would be more financially stable because he has means of dollars earning .. What many people fail to understand is that it isn’t about your current adsense earning but that asset that can give you a financial freedom from Naira . Let me quickly run to a client adsense Dashboard and make a screenshot

You might want to consider reading in details here
https://www.nairaland.com/6786474/cost-creating-blog-nigeria-how

Regardless of your type of job , have a blog and a side business it wouldn’t even cost much to do . You can never go wrong owing a blog as a asset

My name is Kennie Fawole , CEO of Kennietech , one of the most notable web developer & business strategist on nairaland , my thread speaks volume of me , check them out

https://www.nairaland.com/6775085/thread-meant-client-reviews-testimonials

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by datola: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2022
Ask God for direction

1 Like

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by nams77: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2022
W
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by princeemmma(m): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2022
Job first ..... Then do some savings,....... Start a business........ Continue with job and run the business......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Skillsnigeria: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2022
Hmmm, I love my business
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:53am On Apr 19, 2022
Definitely
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Hisincrease: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2022
If business is your calling. Start with what you have or get a job and transit from there.
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Abjinvest: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2022
Mikeaniebiet:
As a Nigerian living in Nigeria landing a job is one of hardest jobs cheesy
But then starting a business is no easier, you need the capital and it sure doesn't fall from the skies.
In the end we will most likely decide to work for a while to raise the capital for a business. But very few ever start that business, a lot of us will get comfortable with the job over the years, the security, the guaranteed pay etc.

You can build a staggering career from a job no doubt but if you've always felt that entrepreneurial hunger, nothing beats the feeling of having created something.
Your business is your progeny, you birthed it, it's your idea and a glaring testament to your abilities.

So how do you stay focused while on a job if business is your dream?

Start small! 'do not despise little beginnings' you don't have to wait for when you are ready, that time may never come. There'll always be excuses don't wait for when you can start importing in containers. You can start a business today, thankfully there are websites like gotahia.com that will ease your journey.

You can sit at home decide on the products you want to deal on, search and get contacts of suppliers to work with and get your business up and running with Gotahia.com. If your capital is low you have the option to work with these importers, distributors and even manufacturers to sell their goods. This is an ideal platform for someone who wants to start or go into a new product line as the customer support is superb. Gotahia practically works with you to ensure you make sales when you buy from suppliers there.

This will help you transition into your dream business gradually and with minimal risk.

can I see some example of some gotohia stores?

If you become a reseller, who promotes your store? You the store owner or gotohia?

1 Like

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by alphaconde(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2022
at the end of the day

every body must not be a business man

you can live a happy and fulfilled life working for someone

however if u can be a business person better
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by MrSensor(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2022
datola:
Ask God for direction
yes o

1 Like

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by gadgetplanetng: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
Both have pro's and cons

Long term goal should be comfort in old age.

Whatever you're doing make sure you're building towards that

Don't bring children into an economy that probably would be worse than you grew up with and hope they would be your retirement plan.

2 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Agbahiweanthony: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
Onexex:
They are some interesting skills you could learn from the comfort of your apartment using your mobile phone and data .this alone would change your financial story for good
like what bro
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Murphy870(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
Onexex:
which skills can someone learn to be financially independent sir, I would be graduating from school in next couple weeks and I needs me something to do to fetch me additional income. I have a good phone and a PC
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by 96ACE: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2022
grin
Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by Kizzygentle: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2022
All what I see here is someone advertising gotahia.com...

3 Likes

Re: Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal by nesgeeek(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Business is the best option here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others / 5 Signs You’re Underpaid / Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.