Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? (15322 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by rhamzus(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2011
i was talking with my lil sister yesterday who happens to b going for batch B service. the talk was about what were her plans after service? The only thing that could come out of her mouth was marry a guy, who would let her have a shop near home so she can be a full time house wife.
i was disgusted becos why waste time and money to be educated to university level when she  will end up not using the degree than to have babies and stay @ home.
I as a person cant have my wife stay @ home as a full time house wife, then what is the essence of your degree. But @ the same time would not want her to have white collar job which will be time demanding, not having time for her family " i mean career hungry wives".
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by iyatrustee(f): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
the truth is these days, most men dont want full housewives cos they are plain liabilities! men want a woman that can bring something to the table.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by TeeJay6(m): 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2011
iyatrustee:

the truth is these days, most men dont want full housewives cos they are plain liabilities! men want a woman that can bring something to the table.
And by that i'm sure you mean something other than Eba + okro(burnt)
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by quadrant4: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2011
iyatrustee did you get my mail address?
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by iyatrustee(f): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2011
Tee_Jay:

And by that i'm sure you mean something other than Eba + okro(burnt)

tee_jay! of course i meant contribute to the running of the house and not depending totally on the man. cry cry cry

@ Quadrant4, nope!
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by TeeJay6(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
iyatrustee:

tee_jay! of course i meant contribute to the running of the house and not depending totally on the man. cry cry cry

ooo no vex i just needed clarification. PS: why the tears? You dont burn oga's okro soup do you? shocked
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by quadrant4: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
bankedee@yahoo.com @iyatrustee
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by iice(f): 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^Nna, na wah.

@Topic, to each his/her own.
When i was graduating high school, i asked one of my classmates what her plan was. She said she wanted to marry and stay at home. I said, didn't she want to explore more, do something even if it's only one year before settling down because she's quite intelligent, driven and hardworking. Nope she said she wanted to get married. I figure, it's what she wants and she seems to know where she wants to go. If things go wrong, it's her place to handle it because it's her choice.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by jaybee3(m): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2011
iyatrustee:

GBAM
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by rhamzus(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
iice:

^^Nna, na wah.

@Topic, to each his/her own.
When i was graduating high school, i asked one of my classmates what her plan was. She said she wanted to marry and stay at home. I said, didn't she want to explore more, do something even if it's only one year before settling down because she's quite intelligent, driven and hardworking. Nope she said she wanted to get married. I figure, it's what she wants and she seems to know where she wants to go. If things go wrong, it's her place to handle it because it's her choice.

this is a problem, most do nt know that we guys no longer want liability ladies rather an "independent lady" who will nt b riding for free.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
If i can afford to take care of all the financial responsibility . . . . Why not.
I think the word housewife needs to be changed to house manager, cos a woman at home do more than when she is at the office.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by horny4u(f): 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2011
I am an independent woman and enjoy running money ventures from home, too many women are working their asses off in high powered jobs and using the proceeds to buy anti ageing cream, is it so we are not called gold diggers?
If i had my way i will marry an extremely rich man that will pay me an extremely high salary and run successful businesses while concentrating my time on taking care of my family.

before you scream right now i run 3 successful businesses right now but it makes me wonder where i will have time to bring kids up in all this.
so if you are a very rich man do contact me , no not good digger that's vintage, more like platinum!!! grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by ronkebp(f): 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
Wahlai, as a woman, it is not easy to take care of kids, home and your husband and then add work again on top, to me it is very stressful, if my hubby is able to pay me what am supposed to be earning at work monthly, i don't mind staying home and taking care of my kids and family ooooo with all my qualifications, i will divert my energy and intellect to something different.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2011
ronkebp:

Wahlai, as a woman, it is not easy to take care of kids, home and your husband and then add work again on top, to me it is very stressful, if my hubby is able to pay me what am supposed to be earning at work monthly, i don't mind staying home and taking care of my kids and family ooooo with all my qualifications, i will divert my energy and intellect to something different.

horny4u:

I am an independent woman and enjoy running money ventures from home, too many women are working their asses off in high powered jobs and using the proceeds to buy anti ageing cream, is it so we are not called gold diggers?
If i had my way i will marry an extremely rich man that will pay me an extremely high salary and run successful businesses while concentrating my time on taking care of my family.

before you scream right now i run 3 successful businesses right now but it makes me wonder where i will have time to bring kids up in all this.
so if you are a very rich man do contact me , no not good digger that's vintage, more like platinum!!! grin shocked

Nicely put
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by OAM4J: 1:52am On Jun 30, 2011
horny4u:

OK. where is you email, facebook, skype and twitter details? And put your recent pic on your profile please. I am a rich man, Fhemmmy (Oyinbo to nta moto) is rich too.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Osama10(m): 2:05am On Jun 30, 2011
OAM4J:

OK. where is you email, facebook, skype and twitter details? And put your recent pic on your profile please. I am a rich man, Fhemmmy (Oyinbo to nta moto) is rich too.

grin grin grin
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by kabukabu50(m): 3:15am On Jun 30, 2011
What a dumb question?Are we in the Middle ages, angry angry angry angry
Working woman all the way, smh.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by emekaD3(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2011
workin class--- wink
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Roland17(m): 4:19am On Jun 30, 2011
ur sister should get ready to remain single for a long time, cos 9ija men don wise up well well now, no more monkey dey work baboon dey chop grin grin
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by codelady(f): 4:45am On Jun 30, 2011
Any man who doesn't want a housewife / homemaker because she will be "riding for free" is not a real man. Such men blatantly deny their God-given responsibilities and usually end up losing the respect of their wives (look all around you). As someone put it, a homemaker works HARDER than an office lady - her job is 24-7. Some of these women still work part-time/have a home-based business besides! She is supposed to "ride for free" in her HUSBAND'S HOUSE because she is your WIFE (your help-meet). By the time wordly thinking comes into the matter, you get statements like that from men (who show no love and no leadership abilities - deal with it, guys!). Please ladies, AVOID SUCH MEN!!! Secondly, to answer the question, no lady should have a job/career that deprives her of her primary role as nurturer of the family.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by shagaman: 4:46am On Jun 30, 2011
If a wife is a full time house wife,what happens when the man suddenly has a job issue like temporary loss of Job.
Ladies of nowadays should be supportive while also adding to the IGP of the home,Not every man works in his dream job of earning
correct salary. Lets be realistic here. or why is it that it is taking guyz longer to marry and ladies a lot of fasting and praying to marry a guy.
This is Naija.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Nekai(f): 5:24am On Jun 30, 2011
rhamzus:

i was talking with my lil sister yesterday who happens to b going for batch B service. the talk was about what were her plans after service? The only thing that could come out of her mouth was marry a guy, who would let her have a shop near home so she can be a full time house wife.
i was disgusted becos why waste time and money to be educated to university level when she will end up not using the degree than to have babies and stay @ home.
I as a person cant have my wife stay @ home as a full time house wife, then what is the essence of your degree. But @ the same time would not want her to have white collar job which will be time demanding, not having time for her family " i mean career hungry wives".

After the babies are had, there are still many years of left over for the woman to hold gainful employment. A degree is never wasted.

Ideally a man should make enough so that the woman's income is a supplement but not absolutely necessary to keep the family afloat. In other words live mostly within the means of one income. Pregnancy can incapacitate a woman for months if there is a complication that requires full bed rest. Likewise, the husband could suffer an illness that requires him to take substantial time off of work. Both husband and wife should be educated and have the ability to work and have a career.

That being said, your sister stated she wants to work in a shop. That's still employment that will bring in extra income without keeping her away from home for long hours. Maybe she could be a great business woman.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by bash673(m): 5:40am On Jun 30, 2011
codelady:

Any man who doesn't want a housewife / homemaker because she will be "riding for free" is not a real man. Such men blatantly deny their God-given responsibilities and usually end up losing the respect of their wives (look all around you). As someone put it, a homemaker works HARDER than an office lady - her job is 24-7. Some of these women still work part-time/have a home-based business besides! She is supposed to "ride for free" in her HUSBAND'S HOUSE because she is your WIFE (your help-meet). By the time wordly thinking comes into the matter, you get statements like that from men (who show no love and no leadership abilities - deal with it, guys!). Please ladies, AVOID SUCH MEN!!! Secondly, to answer the question, no lady should have a job/career that deprives her of her primary role as nurturer of the family.

Plus she does not take annual vacation.

Who will call himself a Man when he is waiting for the person he promise to take care of to contribute financially in running the house?
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Ekiti1: 6:12am On Jun 30, 2011
Personally, I dont like the idea of my wife rushing off every morning so she wont be late for work & please one yeye boss. For how much? I am the type of man who if so inclined can wake up and start handling a woman in bed. Maybe it is when I want to enjoy her goodies, she will be thinking of how to get to work.
  I will like to marry a woman who will have a small shop beside the home so she can have time to take care of the home.  I also will not like a full housewife because after finishing the house chores and becomes idle, Akproko & Amebo sets in.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by slimyem: 6:45am On Jun 30, 2011
i dey wait the man wey go talk say make i come siddon for house after all the book wey i suffer read,
That's outright foolishness in this age and time.besides,who says you cant work,have kids and manage a home properly?what happened to the word 'balance' in the dictionary??abegi!working class lady all the way.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Goodcare(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slimyem:

i dey wait the man wey go talk say make i come siddon for house after all the book wey i suffer read,
That's outright foolishness in this age and time.besides,who says you cant work,have kids and manage a home properly?what happened to the word 'balance' in the dictionary??abegi!working class lady all the way.
do you know you are right
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by kodylicky(f): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2011
I really can't bear sitting at home as a house wife/manager. There are a lot of ladies who built a career ​Äπϑ a home. I m nt a business kind of person ​Äπϑ ‎​i can't stop developing myself/ d brain. So mr hubby shldnt even think abt it not even if he offers to pay me. My dad tried dat when i finished skool.

By d way i think all ladies shld shun d complete house wife thing it cuts you off frm a lot of things. Running a business won't be bad if you re hardworking. ​Äπϑ you will have more respect/confidence ​Äπϑ can compete with your peers.

Working class ladies all d way joooorrr.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by blank(f): 8:37am On Jun 30, 2011
I wouldnt mind doing a job i really enjoy like set up a daycare rather than this stressful, everybody is out to get you type of job. I come home and i am so tired and drained that i can barely play with my baby who always stays up waiting for me not to mention oga who may be feeling frisky. It might not be much money but it will give me fulfillment. Looking after babies is a physically tiring process but so rewarding. The best part is when they smile at you, all your tiredness ebbs away.

I would like to be a part time homemaker though my husband wants to earn as much as possible so that i can be a stay at home mum.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by KDULAR: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2011
Working class but with enough time to take care of herself and the kids , me i'm good I know I've bought it.I just need to be responsible for somebody taking care of herslelf and the kids. So civil servant (teacher, lecturer, pharmacist, not a doctor nurse doctor) a self employed woman emphasis with flexible time that will allow her have fun and take care of the kids for us .
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by coolkaboom(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2011
here's my take on this.

I have a young daughter and I am sending her to school and setting her up with the tools she needs to be master of her own destiny. Woe betide the SOB that will tell her not to work but stay at home and be iya-baby. My madam is currently a sit-at-home wife (due to UNIBEN /NYSC wahala) and she's so furstrated and bored to death. After 3 failed businesses, I don't have apetite for any more money-miss road ventures. plus, I never bargained for an iya-shop wife.

Even if a woman wants to do business, it should be after working for a while, getting some corporate exposure and maybe saving some capital. Having a Bsc and ending up hanging out with iya-sukura the meat-seller next door is an utter waste of life. God forbid. If she work small, and then decide to start company in line with wetin she read abi experience she gathered, I'll be 110% supportive.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by luro(f): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2011
I for one enjoy being independent but that comes with a hefty price for family women.
the most crucial stages of a child is between 1and 5 or 8. during this time kids must have all the support an love an grooming both parents can offer.
Being from south Africa, children suffer the most here and ultimately become troubled adults, an that affects society entirely.

Being a wife and mother is already one gigantic job description, then to add on being a career women? some departments will suffer and in most cases its the family home that does.one doesn't see thee effects immediately but in the long run they become impossible to hide and ignore.
personally i love the good things in life and i know to obtain them one has to work, however id rather have my own little establish eg.a hair salon or a clothing shop, things that have the potential for growth over upcoming years then to work a stressful job that consumes alot of your time and under paying.

the perks of having your establishment, get to give ur husband all thee attention he needs when its time to play wife, the kids to are well taken care of, there is just no such thing as being a super women. thats as real as santa clause a fiction. its either u are career women an u stay away from the home front or your a family women thats content with investing time between the family an a little establishment

2 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Baxilexi(m): 9:37am On Jun 30, 2011
firstly, like someone said earlier on. . . house manager and not housewife.

i do not support idleness but people have to look beyond the stigma that defines a stayhome moms as a liability and see her as an all in one super-

assistant, who deserves to be paid a salary. simple house manager math. Driver(take kids to school, movies etc) + cook + laundry person + house keeper = stay home mother + wife.

Secondly, I'd like to correct some misconceptions. . . "African men don wise up" we have always been the wiser, that's why in Germany and some

other countries their governments are paying parents to raise kids, men especially.

Also the fundamentals of a child's life are as a result of the initial grooming received by the nurturing parent in most cases the mother. a brilliant

child is as a result of a mom that groomed the kid to be so + genetics (that is where your degree comes into play). i believe nature and nurture are as a result of maternal influence and not the school or daycare.

Researches on malbehaviour in kids and teens has proven that this is as a result of bad/lack of parenting.

ladies this is for you, the so called "mommies boy" title coined to most men was a result of women who took out/sacrifice their time to raise this

kids. (tertiary point, lol)

As for the certificates/degrees, its never wasted, i know alot of young ladies have been polarized by this issue, but believe me you, education is not seen in a job but the person., and the beauty of it is when it can be passed on. Africans are still not fully convalescent of slave trade times, you graduate with an impeccable performance, only to end up behind a desk working under someone. Every heard of entrepreneur??

men
quit being lazy and man up to your responsibilities, nature didnt make man and woman 50-50, so stop looking for a wife that would pay 6months

rent while you pay the other, or get the 3d television while you get the sound system and d shades.

and my grand standing. . . it is your reality everyone else is just an actor, so play it out well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘How Police Officer Snatched My Wife, Children’ / Clean London Used Smart Tvs For 70k / No Money No Sex: Zimbabwean Wife Demands Money From Husband Before Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.