Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. (1273 Views)

I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. / Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
It's simply what it is.

That's exactly what the Bible is cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
didnt you vomit 1st?!
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
didnt you vomit 1st?!
I almost did.
Such a ridiculous book
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Workch:
I almost did.
Such a ridiculous book

sadly, it brainwashed so many already that now many Africans can die for this religious mambo jambo BS.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by anu3: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
Workch:
It's simply what it is.

1Cor.2.14 - The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

God bless...

2 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
Workch:
It's simply what it is.

The atheists on Nairaland cry foul if a Christian is disrespectful to them and their lack of belief. Yet, they don't accord us the same courtesy.

1 Like

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

The atheists on Nairaland cry foul if a Christian is disrespectful to them and their lack of belief. Yet, they don't accord us the same courtesy.

Satans do not do equality.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

lol cheesy
Atheists don't have beliefs, atheism is a disbelieve.
Only Christians and other relgious people have beliefs.
Get that fact correctly

2 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
anu3:

1Cor.2.14 - The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

God bless...
I am going to believe this because a bronze age jewish goat herder said it cheesy

3 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Judybash93(m): 2:14am On Mar 09, 2022
Workch:
I am going to believe this because a bronze age jewish goat herder said it cheesy

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by anu3: 6:44am On Mar 09, 2022
Workch:

Hmmm... Friend, I was once on the same page as you, so I understand.

If you knew me some 10+ years ago and now hear me saying all this, then you might at least get a bit tempted to rethink and stop making a joke of eternal things.

Anyway, for anyone who cares, "The wages of Sin is death." And God is calling all to Repentance (not to Church first!!! Too many church people including Pastors are Brutally Deceived: I've stopped going for over 6 years now)...

May Jesus bless you

2 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2022
anu3:

Hmmm... Friend, I was once on the same page as you, so I understand.

If you knew me some 10+ years ago and now hear me saying all this, then you might at least get a bit tempted to rethink and stop making a joke of eternal things.

Anyway, for anyone who cares, "The wages of Sin is death." And God is calling all to Repentance (not to Church first!!! Too many church people including Pastors are Brutally Deceived: I've stopped going for over 6 years now)...

May Jesus bless you
You can't be in the same page as me and still think the Bible is relevant in today's world.
Only someone who lack critical reasoning will think that

1 Like

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by SpiritLifeNG: 9:24am On Mar 09, 2022
You have your reward.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by anu3: 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
Workch:
You can't be in the same page as me and still think the Bible is relevant in today's world.
Only someone who lack critical reasoning will think that

Well, maybe you're right cos mine could be actually worse. In my case, I knew there was a True God in my conscience, and Jesus is the Truth.

Nevertheless, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the Pride of life held me captive: the lust to "be among" and receive glory from people couldn't let me see far nor Fear God.

But something happen in 2010: I almost died, and became utterly helpless in a serious mess. Then I remembered God.

I started Repenting: stopping addictions and bad habits; fearing God and battling foolishness and WORLDLINESS in my flesh... I started reading and seeking Grace to Obey the New testament Bible...

It's real friend, God helped and saved me. It's not cool but the Trouble helped escape the corruption in the world through lust in me. I had to learn the Hard way.

Lastly, some reading this may also not be ready, or may have strong passion keeping them from God now... That's serious, but should you have a serious calamity or trouble later, just remember: God still Loves You, just come to Him and Remain with Him.

God bless.

Goodbye

2 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Steep: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Terrible! Death comes at any time, believe the gospel because it might be your last.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
Waking up each day to see your neighbors still keep their faith makes you feel like doing something but it's a pity that you can only bark in your room while typing gibberish on NL, apart from that nothing else! wink
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by DeepSight(m): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Workch:
It's simply what it is.

While scripture contains much myth, legend, folklore and the like, as well as fantasy and falsehood, only very ignorant people will fail to see that it also contains much value in terms of moral instruction, spiritual growth, encouragement in distress, wisdom, philosophy and the like. For example the Book of Proverbs is utterly priceless.

Learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, so you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

1 Like

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by KnownUnknown: 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
Workch:
I almost did.
Such a ridiculous book

The ideas in the book weren’t created by goat herders nor even directed at goat herders. Yea, some of the ideas might be ridiculous but it takes genius to dress up absurdity in myth and allegories.

Don’t be adopting the white boy language where they disparage everything that doesn’t have its foundation in europe( most things they call western) or they don’t understand. The ideas in the Bible are more ancient than the 12 tribes of Israel themselves and go back to the the foundations of accumulated knowledge.

Give it a few years, if you are diligent you might figure it out.

Goat herders did not write the Bible nor is it the “goat herders guide to the galaxy”.

Instead of Jesus saying the quote below, imagine some philosopher/monk/priest sitting at a desk writing it. They write in code otherwise one might see their ruse but they certainly weren’t goat herders.

“10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that, “ ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’ a ”

1 Like

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
DeepSight:

While scripture contains a much myth, legend, folklore and the like, as well as fantasy and falsehood, only very ignorant people will fail to see that it also contains much value in terms of moral instruction, spiritual growth, encouragement in distress, wisdom, philosophy and the like. For example the Book of Proverbs is utterly priceless.

Learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, so you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Doesn't mean the entirety of the Bible is not ridiculous.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by LordReed(m): 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Workch:
I almost did.
Such a ridiculous book

While I don't think of the book as ridiculous, I do however think it is a mistake to base one's life on it. That is a bad idea.

3 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
LordReed:

While I don't think of the book as ridiculous, I do however think it is a mistake to base one's life on it. That is a bad idea.
I think it's ridiculous

1 Like

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Image123(m): 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Workch:
I think it's ridiculous

What is most ridiculous is that you have read the whole Bible three times. i never saw a wise person waste his time and invest that much in the ridiculous. This is simple proof of the uniqueness of the Bible. An utter fool(Psalms 14 grade) has read the Bible three times, no be juju be this? Wetin dey chase you?

3 Likes

Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by DeepSight(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
Workch:
Doesn't mean the entirety of the Bible is not ridiculous.

Why did you take to your heels ? ? ? ?
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Workch:
I think it's ridiculous

Do you think Aesop's Fables are ridiculous? What about Homer's Iliad, you think it's ridiculous?
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by elated177: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2022
Lay out what you have as alternatives. Let your readers consider them and decide for themselves. Forget about the Scriptures and whatever they say or do not say, present your alternatives, workch.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by paxonel(m): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2022
Workch:
It's simply what it is.

let me fool you a little grin

You say you've read bible 3 times, can you decode what this mean?

Matthew 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
elated177:
Lay out what you have as alternatives. Let your readers consider them and decide for themselves. Forget about the Scriptures and whatever they say or do not say, present your alternatives, workch.
There's nothing like alternative.
Reality is, Bible is shit. Reality doesn't respect opinon.
We cannot make standard from nonsense and lies such as the Bible
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by kingyakos: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
1 John 4:6 (KJV) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
For when the lights struck the seed beneath and the seed recognized the lights, it shall grow but when it recognized it not it shall die
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by elated177: 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
Workch:
There's nothing like alternative.
Reality is, Bible is shit. Reality doesn't respect opinon.
We cannot make standard from nonsense and lies such as the Bible

Tell me about yourself.
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
elated177:

Tell me about yourself.
How does that provides evidence for your God?
It's a faceless forum, people can't leak personal information here for security reasons dude.

Just exercise your brain enough to outgrow the "God delusions"
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by elated177: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Workch:
How does that provides evidence for your God?
It's a faceless forum, people can't leak personal information here for security reasons dude.

Just exercise your brain enough to outgrow the "God delusions"

Ok. Let's continue on Facebook.

Do you even know what it means to exercise the brain?
Re: See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. by Workch: 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
elated177:

Ok. Let's continue on Facebook.

Do you even know what it means to exercise the brain?
I do, it means the ability to critical observe, analyze phenomenon, test them, and establish repeatable evidence.

Someone like you who cannot provide evidence for a god but believe one exist is not a good example of critical thinker. There's no basis to differentiate you from an uneducated village person, most of them still hold the God belief.
It's hard for you to see an uneducated person leave religion, he doesn't have the mental sagacity to reason beyond it. This is not to see that some relgious people are not educated, but alot of you cannot think properly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pathway to Peace / Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? / Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.