Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Please Advise Me On Which Course To Study - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me On Which Course To Study (1176 Views)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me. / Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise Me On Which Course To Study by bplenty(m): 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,

I have been on this forum for quite some months now and i have always been a reading and i don't really post because i enjoy various postings from other landers and i feel here is a great avenue for me to ask some certain questions regarding my career advancement.

I have presently completed my National Diploma from Yaba College of Technology, I did Computer Science and i managed to scale through with a Pass, I have completed my I.T and i really don't want to go back to Yabatech.

However my dad and I sat down and we had a lenghty chat, I have made up my mind to study Philosophy, Hence i purchased the Unilag Foundation form (Diploma II), I am seeking good and helpful advise from this forum, i know they're lot of intellectuals and intelligent people on this forum, I want you guys to please give me a brotherly and sisterly advise, Really i must confess i don't like mathematics, thats why i am not opting for Computer Science at Unilag again.

I just want a general advise on the course Philosophy, What chances do i stand if i complete this course, and where possibly can i take up employment, this has been bothering me a lot, i just want a piece of advise on this forum and i know all your advise will be used wisely and i really want to achieve as the first male child of the family, I really want to impress my parents as well as my younger siblings. I wouldn't mind doing any other good courses that a science student can do without doing Mathematics, Please advise me.

All good advise will be highly appreciated, Thanks, Blessing Plenty
Re: Please Advise Me On Which Course To Study by NaJaHaJe(f): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2007
first off I wud like to say , Get to know yourself. Neva start something if you are not 100% comfortable with it, regardless of your family's position. They are your family but you have your life.

I will advise you to go on university websites and have a look thru thier online brochure for the structure of a Philosophy course. that way you will know if you are well suited to handle it.

from what you have written there is not much to go in terms of suggesting other routes to take. You will need to provide more info.

(1) (Reply)

cxxxxxxx / Career/self-development Events In Port-harcourt / Intercontinenal Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.