Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Harvest From My Cassava Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Harvest From My Cassava Farm (1783 Views)

My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2022
I currently work in a Multinational Aquaculture Company. I have a Master's of Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Degree.
I've worked in pig, poultry, goat and fish farm (my actual specialization). So, I decided to try crop farming.
I invested in an acre of farmland 10 months ago, planted cassava.
I just harvested my cassava and I got 2 loads (Cabster) of cassava and some leftover.
A Cabster cost 140k (Ibadan). That's 280k for the 2 loads. Sold the leftover for 24k. My total income is 304k.
I invested approximately 100k in the farm. The Cabster driver charged me 32k.
Total expenses is 132k
Profit = Income - Expenses
Profit = 304k - 132k
Profit = 172k

I'm reinvesting my profit on 5 acres of farmland.

Note: I Love farming. I love any field work. Office is a no for me. Highest I can stay in an office is one hour. During my NYSC days, I was pleading with the tutors that came to take us on Agro Allied (SAED) to request for me to work on their farms because I wanted to serve in a farm. I did serve in a farm. NYSC experience is another long story.

Field work is Life smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2022
The leftover cassava after the 2 loads.

Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by nzeobi(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2022
Good did you convert it to garri or you processed it into something else
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
I sold it unprocessed

1 Like

Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Jonnic1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
wow! this is encouraging. Keep it up. we are following. Can you share practical experiences on your cassava farm?
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Princeadebayo11(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
My problem is farmland... Did you use tractor for the cultivation of the land or manual
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
Princeadebayo11:
My problem is farmland... Did you use tractor for the cultivation of the land or manual
Everything was done manually
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Princeadebayo11(m): 9:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
arsenic33:

Everything was done manually
Sorry for the disturbance, you bought the land or it was leased to you?
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Princeadebayo11:

Sorry for the disturbance, you bought the land or it was leased to you?
It was leased. 8k/Acre
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
cassava farming is one of the easiest way make money in farming. the farm is not hard to maintain at all but profit is always assured
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Mikelarteta(m): 12:24am On Mar 11, 2022
arsenic33:
I currently work in a Multinational Aquaculture Company. I have a Master's of Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Degree.
I've worked in pig, poultry, goat and fish farm (my actual specialization). So, I decided to try crop farming.
I just harvested my cassava and I got 2 loads (Cabster) of cassava and some leftover.
A Cabster cost 140k (Ibadan). That's 280k for the 2 loads. Sold the leftover for 24k. My total income is 304k.
Total expenses is 132k
Profit = 304k - 132k
Profit = 172k

Note: I Love farming. I love any field work. Office is a no for me. Highest I can stay in an office is one hour. During my NYSC days, I was pleading with the tutors that came to take us on Agro Allied (SAED) to request for me to work on their farms because I wanted to serve in a farm. I did serve in a farm. NYSC experience is another long story.

Bro is it more profitable if you produce the garri yourself or what do you think. How many 50kg of Garry you think you can get from 1acre of cassava farm? I have 6 acres ready for harvest but am considering processing myself even though people are saying I should sell the raw cassava.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2022
Mikelarteta:

Bro is it more profitable if you produce the garri yourself or what do you think. How many 50kg of Garry you think you can get from 1acre of cassava farm? I have 6 acres ready for harvest but am considering processing myself even though people are saying I should sell the raw cassava.
I thought it was best for me to sell my Cassava unprocessed
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Tunjoel(m): 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good day sir, can you please throw more light on the production process and break down of the expenses.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by northbird: 11:11am On Mar 18, 2022
arsenic33:

It was leased. 8k/Acre

@ arsenic. Good one. I need a timeline.

Which month specifically did you plant? I assume you harvested in March when you made this post.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2022
northbird:

@ arsenic. Good one. I need a timeline.

Which month specifically did you plant? I assume you harvested in March when you made this post.
I planted May, 2021

1 Like

Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by northbird: 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
arsenic33:

I planted May, 2021

Oh ok. Good. Can I contact you. sent you a pm.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
northbird:

Oh ok. Good. Can I contact you. sent you a pm.
Yes, you can contact me
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by emmanuelbrown26: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
arsenic33:

It was leased. 8k/Acre
What's your location?
How long did it take d cassava to grow?
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by emmanuelbrown26: 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
arsenic33:

I planted May, 2021
How many times in a year can u harvest?
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

How many times in a year can u harvest?
Once
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

What's your location?
How long did it take d cassava to grow?
Ibadan. 10 months
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by northbird: 6:08am On Mar 19, 2022
arsenic33:

Yes, you can contact me
Boss I sent you a pm on nairaland, please check it.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by arsenic33(m): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2022
northbird:

Boss I sent you a pm on nairaland, please check it. my mail is dayotoba1@gmail.com.
Check your mail
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Earthstorms(m): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2022
I like this. Unfortunately in Delta state no one wants to buy cassava and pay cash.

They are looking for credit sales and low price
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by kenny9ce(m): 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2022
arsenic33:

Once
Kindly check your mail. Thanks
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by NoLotty7(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Great, this is what I called the double-game with money. Don't chase money but look out for Investment opportunity.
Op, you are just a few months from another planting investment to hit close to a million naira if you reinvest all your total income in the next ten months and this is the type of investment opportunity l am looking forward to invest in it.In Nigeria today,the inflation is growing every time ,you have to think different like the rich inorder to beat the economy.
Lately,l did a self taught about beating the inflation in Africa and l came up with the double-game with money, money is just a tool so,look for plants or animals that can multiply with time with less risk and higher survival rates and watch your money multiply because as the plants or animals reproduce and multiply, automatically the money you invest multiply.

1 Like

Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by Vicogrin(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
arsenic33:
Total expenses is 132k
Profit = 304k - 132k
Profit = 172k

Good day,I just sent you a mail
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
I currently have 10 Acres of same TM 419 cassava which will be a 6ear old April, some of my friend who know about my farm, said with what I have on ground I am silently rich, but to be, it's not at 8f 8 have anything. With this, I will now look into how to maximize those 10 acres.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
I currently have 10 Acres of same TM 419 cassava which will be a 6ear old April, some of my friend who know about my farm, said with what I have on ground I am silently rich, but to be, it's not at 8f 8 have anything. With this, I will now look into how to maximize those 10 acres.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
I currently have 10 Acres of same TM 419 cassava which will be a year old April, some of my friend who know about my farm, said with what I have on ground I am silently rich, but to be, it's not at 8f 8 have anything. With this, I will now look into how to maximize those 10 acres.
Re: Harvest From My Cassava Farm by northbird: 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Art Of Food Processing And Packaging - Lagos Edition / Sallah Ram For Sale / Plantain Sucker For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.