Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Did You Know???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know???? (289 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know???? by YemideyforYOU: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Did you know - that the Rochas foundation was founded by Rochas Okorocha in 1998? Just kidding, that’s public news. Anyone who bothered to at least google the man knows this. You would also know that the foundation is actively invested in all 6 geo-political zones in this country. There are numerous scholarship programs in the country but there is none that does not just reward academic excellence, but makes sure all of its beneficiaries are people who ordinarily cannot afford education and does not just waive their tuition fee, but goes on to cater for them and provides their basic needs and wants, even deodorants (correct me if I’m wrong).

The ‘doubting Thomas’ in you is probably asking “what is his angle? Why make so much money just to give it out helping people you barely know?”..there has got to be an angle. Truth be told, I also had my doubts until I did my homework on the so-called “Grand Commander of Free Education”.

There isn’t any angle or endgame, absolutely none, what you will find is just passion or rather a driving force fueling this passion to educate every child who can not afford education. His Excellency Senator Rochas Okorocha grew up poor, he knows what it feels like to not be able to afford education because your parents cannot make ends meet. He experienced it and made a vow to do the best within his ability to make sure no child goes through what he went through growing up, and we have to admit, he has done an excellent job.

He said and I quote, “what do you say of a police sergeant, whose salary is N50,000, and who goes to buy a bag of rice for N30,000, N40,000, N35,000 and has 7 children, to send to school?” Omo x1000. Yet, there are people who still say we do not need Rochas at the helm of power directing the affairs of our great nation

God when
We don’t have to ask this question again. We can finally have good governance and not have to bother God with that funny question again, but only if we vote for the right person. First things first:
Go get your PVC

Do your research and look beyond the stories the media feeds you
For everything the media puts out, look for evidence that back it up, and remember
Smear campaigns are easy to run

(1) (Reply)

What Vietnam’s 20,000 Gwh Power Generation Teaches Nigeria / US To Announce Revocation Of ‘Most Favored Nation’ Trade Status For Russia / Abuja, Nigeria’s Capital City Hotspot You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.