Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? (9817 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Being Sprayed Money While Dancing In 2019 / Wike Swears In 28 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Warns Against 2023 Discussion / Reps Speakership: ‘gbajabiamila’s Adoption Against 2023 Northern Interest’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by MKMichaelKalu: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
THAT IGNOBLE PIECE BY DOCTOR MAX NDUAGUIBE

I know Dr. Max Nduaguibe a great deal, but I scarcely can believe that he wrote the piece I am about to join issues with. I am rather persuaded that some of the minions that dot the corridors of Abia Government House are the real authors of the piece. Actually afraid that their indiscriminate plunder of the Abia Treasury is about to end if the innocuous and well thought out statement of Sen. T.A Orji were actualised. Yes, it will be actualised, as sure as tommoro’s sun! The threats issued in the piece are empty and hollow and lacking in substance, even as it failed to quote what statement of the elder stateman is being referred to as “disparaging and insulting their illustrious son and Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu”, of whom they contributed nothing to his ascendancy to power.

That piece, in a desperate attempt to becloud the sure and undeniable fact of Sen. T.A Orji’s position, stood logic on its head and made horrendous blunders. Admitting that previous Governors handed over to candidates of their choices at their points of exit, the author glossed over factors that made it possible even in the face of robust opposition.

Truth be told, no amount of war Chest, “women and men and youths”, as it boasts ukwa la ngwa has, would have warranted Orji Kalu to hand over to Sen. T.A Orji, had the latter hailed from Igbere, Ohafia, Item, Alayi, Itumbuzo, Abam, Isu, Arochukwu, Ututu, Isu-Ikwuato, Isuochi, Nneochi, Nneato, Bende, etcetera…all of who are constituent components of the multi-clanish geopolitics of Abia North. He found a candidate of “his Choice” in Abia Central.

When Sen T.A Orji finished his tenures, against all odds, he found a candidate of “his Choice” in Abia South, Obingwa particularly, and used the same paraphernalia of “enormous power of a Governor” to insist that Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu should take over from him in a clockwise trajectory. That decision was the right decision and it was hailed by the majority of Abians, just as its appeal cut across all strata of our sociey, culminating in the emergence of the present Governor. Issuing threats with ‘enormous power which a sitting Governor weighs’, as stated in the piece, is fringe and pedestrian and points to the pathological deviation from the moral and ethical obligation which the occupants of such public office owe society. That subtle threat implies contempt and is visibly inimical to the objectives and logic of power for collective development and practice of right actions.

The power a governor has is not overmastering and countervailing power, and yet we have not heard or seen the Governor boasting of the enormous power he has to web an intricate play of mass manipulation for wrong actions. When such powers are deployed to suppress and inflict harm, it usually fails. The veiled authors of the piece should take a cue from neighbouring States and others, where such Executive rascality attempted such imposition but failed, to the shame and regret of the Party.

The same courage that informed Chief T.A Orji’s decision to choose and back Dr. Ikpeazu from Ngwa Land in Abia South is what has compelled him to state the obvious: that Abia North Senatorial Zone should produce the next Governor in a clockwise consistency, having patiently waited for sixteen years to achieve a peaceful power rotation to other zones.

The ignoble attempt to berate an elder statesman for speaking out in a matter that has the potential to polarise Abia to its very fabrics, leaves much to be desired. It is an attempt to inflict dents on his character and integrity, to which you were beneficiaries 7 years ago and still benefitting.

The points canvassed, if anything, is tantamount to super self admiration of the ‘ukwa la ngwa’ group. To hail Sen T.A orji for his action that earned him the acolade of the “father of equity” to the admiration of many, and at the same time cajole him for objectively standing on same principles 7 years down the line, makes the piece a sad commentary and lacking of grit. Memories of history do not fade quickly, yet the position of the ‘ukwa la Ngwa’ aims at fanning the embers of disunity. It is devoid of honour, vague and ambiguous, and does not equate with the ethical parameters required of such agitation.

Abia North Senatorial Zone will not back down in this contest. It is one contest that Abia North will not grudgingly accept, but shall confront with all her energy and political networking, notwithstanding which Political Party yields to this distinct possibility and profound discussion.

It is expected that the Governor would not yield to the temptations incident to this imperial condescension and extremism, issuing from his kinsmen where Might is Right. This widespread inclination of the hawks of power should not be allowed to gain ascendancy over reason. It will be incumbent on the Governor to show that he can rise from a beneficiary of Equity to a sustainer of it. And that governors do not hold the Party like a cow in tow as this near imperialists seem to be suggesting. The Governor should show honour and integrity, and shun the temptation to leave a battered State, arising from the vortex of the clash of interests, only because he gave attention to such agitation. It is honourable to call a spade by its name, not a farm implement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by immortalcrown(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
Abeg, who go read am for me make I listen?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by OneKinGuy(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2022
ok
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by englishmart(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2022
Biafra must happen before I turn 40. Take it or take it by force.

5 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Illuminatiship(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Basheer22: 9:23am On Mar 12, 2022
See why I say Abia people are senseless. Those who have sense there are very very few.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Lipscomb(m): 9:24am On Mar 12, 2022
That state is curse.

9 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Hector09(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2022
That state should be scraped.....

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by bigdammyj: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2022
Reading...
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by keentola(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2022
A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”

If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.

Notable books I have in my library:

Sidney Sheldon's
Stephen King
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books

You can get these eBooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks in minutes check my bio for more info
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Parachoko: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2022
immortalcrown:
Abeg, who go read am for me make I listen?
You're not alone

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by ruggedboych: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2022
englishmart:
Biafra must happen before I turn 40. Take it or take it by force.

How old are you now
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Basheer22: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2022
Abia state is the latrine of all States. It is where every bad and rejected thing finds itself. There is no bad thing you won't find in Abia.

9 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Peterobiisathie(f): 9:29am On Mar 12, 2022
Kerosene distributor

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Kingpele(m): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2022
Useful idiots everywhere, when a governor decide to be useless in power ,he will be surrounded by political jobbers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Deqisadu: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Antoeni(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2022
Okezie Ikpezu Is Most Useless Governor in Nigeria, Follow By Samuel Ortom of Benue State Then Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State

10 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by blancsn1: 9:59am On Mar 12, 2022
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by okeyumez(m): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2022
I am from Abia. I must confess that my state remains the most useless state in Africa with useless and gullible people

8 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by oshonwambada: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2022
MKMichaelKalu:
THAT IGNOBLE PIECE BY DOCTOR MAX NDUAGUIBE

I know Dr. Max Nduaguibe a great deal, but I scarcely can believe that he wrote the piece I am about to join issues with. I am rather persuaded that some of the minions that dot the corridors of Abia Government House are the real authors of the piece. Actually afraid that their indiscriminate plunder of the Abia Treasury is about to end if the innocuous and well thought out statement of Sen. T.A Orji were actualised. Yes, it will be actualised, as sure as tommoro’s sun! The threats issued in the piece are empty and hollow and lacking in substance, even as it failed to quote what statement of the elder stateman is being referred to as “disparaging and insulting their illustrious son and Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu”, of whom they contributed nothing to his ascendancy to power.

That piece, in a desperate attempt to becloud the sure and undeniable fact of Sen. T.A Orji’s position, stood logic on its head and made horrendous blunders. Admitting that previous Governors handed over to candidates of their choices at their points of exit, the author glossed over factors that made it possible even in the face of robust opposition.

Truth be told, no amount of war Chest, “women and men and youths”, as it boasts ukwa la ngwa has, would have warranted Orji Kalu to hand over to Sen. T.A Orji, had the latter hailed from Igbere, Ohafia, Item, Alayi, Itumbuzo, Abam, Isu, Arochukwu, Ututu, Isu-Ikwuato, Isuochi, Nneochi, Nneato, Bende, etcetera…all of who are constituent components of the multi-clanish geopolitics of Abia North. He found a candidate of “his Choice” in Abia Central.

When Sen T.A Orji finished his tenures, against all odds, he found a candidate of “his Choice” in Abia South, Obingwa particularly, and used the same paraphernalia of “enormous power of a Governor” to insist that Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu should take over from him in a clockwise trajectory. That decision was the right decision and it was hailed by the majority of Abians, just as its appeal cut across all strata of our sociey, culminating in the emergence of the present Governor. Issuing threats with ‘enormous power which a sitting Governor weighs’, as stated in the piece, is fringe and pedestrian and points to the pathological deviation from the moral and ethical obligation which the occupants of such public office owe society. That subtle threat implies contempt and is visibly inimical to the objectives and logic of power for collective development and practice of right actions.

The power a governor has is not overmastering and countervailing power, and yet we have not heard or seen the Governor boasting of the enormous power he has to web an intricate play of mass manipulation for wrong actions. When such powers are deployed to suppress and inflict harm, it usually fails. The veiled authors of the piece should take a cue from neighbouring States and others, where such Executive rascality attempted such imposition but failed, to the shame and regret of the Party.

The same courage that informed Chief T.A Orji’s decision to choose and back Dr. Ikpeazu from Ngwa Land in Abia South is what has compelled him to state the obvious: that Abia North Senatorial Zone should produce the next Governor in a clockwise consistency, having patiently waited for sixteen years to achieve a peaceful power rotation to other zones.

The ignoble attempt to berate an elder statesman for speaking out in a matter that has the potential to polarise Abia to its very fabrics, leaves much to be desired. It is an attempt to inflict dents on his character and integrity, to which you were beneficiaries 7 years ago and still benefitting.

The points canvassed, if anything, is tantamount to super self admiration of the ‘ukwa la ngwa’ group. To hail Sen T.A orji for his action that earned him the acolade of the “father of equity” to the admiration of many, and at the same time cajole him for objectively standing on same principles 7 years down the line, makes the piece a sad commentary and lacking of grit. Memories of history do not fade quickly, yet the position of the ‘ukwa la Ngwa’ aims at fanning the embers of disunity. It is devoid of honour, vague and ambiguous, and does not equate with the ethical parameters required of such agitation.

Abia North Senatorial Zone will not back down in this contest. It is one contest that Abia North will not grudgingly accept, but shall confront with all her energy and political networking, notwithstanding which Political Party yields to this distinct possibility and profound discussion.

It is expected that the Governor would not yield to the temptations incident to this imperial condescension and extremism, issuing from his kinsmen where Might is Right. This widespread inclination of the hawks of power should not be allowed to gain ascendancy over reason. It will be incumbent on the Governor to show that he can rise from a beneficiary of Equity to a sustainer of it. And that governors do not hold the Party like a cow in tow as this near imperialists seem to be suggesting. The Governor should show honour and integrity, and shun the temptation to leave a battered State, arising from the vortex of the clash of interests, only because he gave attention to such agitation. It is honourable to call a spade by its name, not a farm implement.
We didn't read.
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by damirosky60: 10:09am On Mar 12, 2022
okeyumez:
I am from Abia. I must confess that my state remains the most useless state in Africa with useless and gullible people

You are not from Abia state beside have u been to all states in Africa?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by nazicartel(m): 10:31am On Mar 12, 2022
What's so special about the Abia state seff.... I don't like this Ukwa na Ngwa nonsense. They should stick to Ukwa or Ngwa. They are never the same , apart from been in the same senatorial zone. For Okezuo, he's already a failure and he knows this. So, he's just trying to play Abaribe, who's inconsequential in the settings. Abaribe is just a waste of space, so they will use the primaries to play him and Okezuo will fight it out with Chris Nkwonta and Chris isn't strong unlike his days in Apga.... Omoh. Na that one concern them .....

Power should return to Abia north. I know Abia south can rule Abia state comfortably for 50yrs if them wish, because of Obingwa and the rest. But I believe in Equity jaree
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by fergie001: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2022
The piece is in order and Ochendo Global is correct.
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Gentlerespect76: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2022
Basheer22:
See why I say Abia people are senseless. Those who have sense there are very very few.
Yourself, do ooze out odious and acrylic smell of stupidity and senselessness. How dare you speak in this pattern about Abia State? Are you losing it?
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Basheer22: 11:12am On Mar 12, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

Yourself, do ooze out odious and acrylic smell of stupidity and senselessness. How dare you speak in this pattern about Abia State? Are you losing it?

May your life be like Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Gentlerespect76: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2022
Basheer22:

May my life be like Abia state
Re: Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? by Naijazure: 11:29am On Mar 12, 2022
Bunch of confused lots....
How has this anything to do with the backwardness in the state?

The only handwriting there is that the godfather T.A. orji wants to impose his son on the state again....

I just pray this confusion consumes T.A.'s family ambition and PDP in Abia state

The most unfortunate state in Nigeria since independence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taraba: Suntai May Be Flown-In Next Week / .... / Elections: Buratai Avoids Question On Military’s Interference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.