Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo (1214 Views)

4 Ways Joe Biden As United States President Will Affect Nigeria / 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC / Tax Defaulters In Nigeria: Obasanjo, Davido, Omisore, Others Top 19,000 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by snowwhyte607: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
POLITICS2023: Igbo President will bring peace to Nigeria – ObasanjoPublished on March 11, 2022 By Fikayo Olowolagba

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has declared support for an Igbo Presidency in 2023.

Obasanjo, while receiving a 2023 Presidential aspirant, Mao Ohuabunwa on Thursday in Abeokuta said it was time for reconciliation in Nigeria by supporting a president from the Southeast region to emerge in 2023.

The former president stated that southeasterners can bring a lot to the table if elected.

“Beyond bringing unity to Nigeria or being the cement that holds Nigeria together, I believe that Southeasterners can model hard work and entrepreneurship.

“This will help in wealth creation and fight against poverty, which is ravaging Nigeria,” Obasanjo said.

He warned Ohuabunwa that running for Presidency is a tough job.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/11/2023-igbo-president-will-bring-peace-to-nigeria-obasanjo/?amp=1

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
Baba himself , you've spoken well sir .

Igbo people are hard working and peace loving people

I have so many Igbo friends so I know the igbos too well

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
snowwhyte607:
POLITICS2023: Igbo President will bring peace to Nigeria – ObasanjoPublished on March 11, 2022 By Fikayo Olowolagba

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has declared support for an Igbo Presidency in 2023.

Obasanjo, while receiving a 2023 Presidential aspirant, Mao Ohuabunwa on Thursday in Abeokuta said it was time for reconciliation in Nigeria by supporting a president from the Southeast region to emerge in 2023.

The former president stated that southeasterners can bring a lot to the table if elected.

“Beyond bringing unity to Nigeria or being the cement that holds Nigeria together, I believe that Southeasterners can model hard work and entrepreneurship.

“This will help in wealth creation and fight against poverty, which is ravaging Nigeria,” Obasanjo said.

He warned Ohuabunwa that running for Presidency is a tough job.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/11/2023-igbo-president-will-bring-peace-to-nigeria-obasanjo/?amp=1
[/s]
Is it because of igbo presidency ipob illiterates were cannibalising igwes, school children and academicians in the east?

So it is because of igbo presidency ipob illiterates were stealing onions and pots of soup?

Okay, okoro can never be president. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Is it because of igbo presidency ipob illiterates were cannibalising igwes, school children and academicians in the east?

So it is because of igbo presidency ipob illiterates were stealing onions and pots of soup?

Okay, okoro can never be president. undecided

Each time I see you I see below

I understand you must asslick Tinubu for a cup of rice but stop disrespecting Yoruba elders while at it ..

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Rastaramsey(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
I think he is 100 per cent right.....
Jonathan did absolutely well but the forces of darkness prevailed...

You see those hausa niggars and those two yourba old fools enh, they will do nothing for this country..... Na to just dey loot them Sabi....

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Nwanne, you always remind me of this grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Nwanne, you always remind me of this grin
What is Nwanne?

Stop insulting Yoruba elders for not supporting Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

What is Nwanne?

Stop insulting Yoruba elders for not supporting Tinubu
Okay shinedu. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by MYHUBBY: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
we know this old thief fear Tinubu Political popularity but whether he like it or not, igbo can contest under their PDP, if them win Yoruba of APC it is politics and beauty of democracy

these people want to destroy Nigeria Democracy with sentiment, politics and democracy is practical

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by FreedomfromtheT: 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
MYHUBBY:
we know this old thief fear Tinubu Political popularity but whether he like it or not, igbo can contest under their PDP, if them win Yoruba of APC it is politics and beauty of democracy

these people want to destroy Nigeria Democracy with sentiment, politics and democracy is practical
Baba knows how he became president. It was practical sentiments in favour of the Southwest. In 1999, the then two major political parties chose Yoruba candidates in the persons of Chief Olu Falae of the AD/APP alliance and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo of the P D P. The Yorubas massively supported Chief Olu Falae but most other tribes including the Igbos supported Chief Olusegun Obasanjo who became the president. The 1999 template can still be repeated with each major political party presenting an Igbo as their presidential candidate. I believe Nigeria will be better. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Yoruba1stson: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
Others are lazy according to Baba Obasanjo
Walahi, Old age don dey affect baba

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by orisa37: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
No. Until NIGERIA IS RESTRUCTURED.
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by MYHUBBY: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Baba knows how he became president. It was practical sentiments in favour of the Southwest. In 1999, the then two major political parties chose Yoruba candidates in the persons of Chief Olu Falae of the AD/APP alliance and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo of the P D P. The Yorubas massively supported Chief Olu Falae but most other tribes including the Igbos supported Chief Olusegun Obasanjo who became the president. The 1999 template can still be repeated with each major political party presenting an Igbo as their presidential candidate. I believe Nigeria will be better. God bless you.

so igbo didn't contest against him in primary? beside who is stopping igbo from contesting? if obj wasn't serious, igbo will not canvassed vote for him, so who are frontier of Igbo as far as 2023 is concern?

the same tribe that have queue behind another Northerners is asking for presidency, how confused can you people be

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by 1847seve: 4:16am On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

Okay shinedu. cheesy
[/s]
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by helinues: 4:59am On Mar 12, 2022
It's time for blokos pressing...

Tell them only what they want to hear even if na what wouldassage their egos.

grin cheesy
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Coolsperm: 7:03am On Mar 12, 2022
Even local Yoruba Muslims skull miners knew this
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
ibo will not vote for APC Amala Islamic satanic party
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2022
By the way it is beerfraud or death
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Onepeople: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:
It's time for blokos pressing...

Tell them only what they want to hear even if na what wouldassage their egos.

grin cheesy
2morow you tell me you are neutral on issues?
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Penguin2: 8:19am On Mar 12, 2022
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Why is this thread not on front page yet?
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by helinues: 8:20am On Mar 12, 2022
Onepeople:
2morow you tell me you are neutral on issues?

And still
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 8:26am On Mar 12, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
Others are lazy according to Baba Obasanjo
Walahi, Old age don dey affect baba
You people are just funny ...every tribe have their strong attribute
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by TheSameGuy(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2022
Delusional grandeur angry

PrinceOfLagos:
Baba himself , you've spoken well sir .

Igbo people are hard working and peace loving people

I have so many Igbo friends so I know the igbos too well
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by TheSameGuy(m): 8:41am On Mar 12, 2022
It's either You're not a good student of history or being cunny.

AD was Yoruba party just as APGA is Igbo's, where olu falae was presented as its candidate.

In PDP, it was NEVER micro zone to South West because Ekwueme contested the primary Against obj and was massively voted for by Ndi Igbo and some part of South Southerners BUT HE LOSE.

Same is the situation now, Igbo can vy for PDP ticket which we can liken to their party just as AD.
In APC, they should also contest the primary with other aspirants, what will never happen is asking South West not to contest the primary because of Ndi Igbo ambition.

Did Ekueme shelves his ambition because obj (Yoruba) wants to contest? NO.

FreedomfromtheT:
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2022
People like Obasanjo, afenifere, deji and chief bode DNA should be checked again I don't think they are full blooded Yoruba
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:51am On Mar 12, 2022
Lalasticlala this thread has been here since yesterday, I think it's front page worthy
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2022
SlyDev:
People like Obasanjo, afenifere, deji and chief bode DNA should be checked again I don't think they are full blooded Yoruba
You should be ashamed of yourself for this comment

Don't you ever insult Yoruba leaders ever again
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Taba21: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I understand you must asslick Tinubu for a cup of rice but stop disrespecting Yoruba elders while at it ..

Igbo cannot Igbo talkless of ruling Nigeria
Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by Taba21: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Okay shinedu. cheesy

Absolutely they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbo President Will Bring Peace To Nigeria - Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:57am On Mar 12, 2022
Taba21:

Igbo cannot Igbo talkless of ruling Nigeria
I am not Igbo

I am Ibile, Omo oodua tokan tokan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Should Decamp To APGA / Enugu Catholic Diocese Condemns Mbaka‘s Utterances Against Peter Obi / There Are More Hausa In SW Than Ibos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.