Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson (691 Views)

ukraine Reclaims Irpin. Launches Counter Attacks In Kherson & Kyiv / Russian Forces Claim Control Of Ukrainian City Of Kherson. Surround Others. / Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Svlla: 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Russian occupying forces are planning to stage a “pseudo” referendum in the southern Ukrainian port city of Kherson to create a breakaway region, said the deputy head of the local council.

“The creation of the (republic) will turn our region into a hopeless hole without life or a future,” Sergey Khlan said in a post on social media.

Source: Aljezeera

I've always said it here before now that Russia will be looking at cutting the Ukrainians out of the Azov sea at least, and if possible the black sea. In earlier post I've explained how strategic taking Kherson was and how it will create a land link from Russian controlled Crimea to Russia back breakaway regions in Donesk and Lugansk but guess what is in the way to achieving this? Zaporizhzhia

Zaporizhzhia with its 2million population has ethnic Russians to be around 35%, a majorly Russophonic region where Russia is the common language.

What will happen if Kherson vote in this referendum to breakaway from Ukraine....will Zaporizhzhia be next and thus complete the land link to Donbas? undecided
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Kingpin1000: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Na Liberation things o.
Nobody fit predict wetin Putin dey think

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Igbodicool(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Freedom to Igbo Republic of BIAFRA.
Freedom to Ambazonia.
Freedom to any tribe, race and people that want independence.

If you celebrate Nigeria's Independence but angry at Biafra Independence (let me not say what will befall you here)
Unity is not by force!

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by spydera: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
So what you are trying to say is that;
If ojuelegba gets completely over run by agberos?
How will people from Yaba get to Surulere without crossing onitsha bridge??
Wtf man!!!
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by ken6488(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Since Ukraine president don't want to respect it help the full country will be absorbed

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Svlla:
Russian occupying forces are planning to stage a “pseudo” referendum in the southern Ukrainian port city of Kherson to create a breakaway region, said the deputy head of the local council.

“The creation of the (republic) will turn our region into a hopeless hole without life or a future,” Sergey Khlan said in a post on social media.

Source: Aljezeera

I've always said it here before now that Russia will be looking at cutting the Ukrainians out of the Azov sea at least, and if possible the black sea. In earlier post I've explained how strategic taking Kherson was and how it will create a land link from Russian controlled Crimea to Russia back breakaway regions in Donesk and Lugansk but guess what is in the way to achieving this? Zaporizhzhia

Zaporizhzhia with its 2million population has ethnic Russians to be around 35%, a majorly Russophonic region where Russia is the common language.

What will happen if Kherson vote in this referendum to breakaway from Ukraine....will Zaporizhzhia be next and thus complete the land link to Donbas? undecided

How can a country be organising referendum in another country? It is act of provocation.
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Svlla: 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
True,
Same way they did in Crimea

But there's an argument for it if a significant portion of the local population is from the other country or its ethnic group

I think that right is guaranteed in the 'right of indigenous group to self determination' or something like that in UN

joyandfaith:

How can a country be organising referendum in another country? It is act of provocation.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by LocalStandard1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
I was sitting in my room and thinking about what I would do if I was in Putin's shoes and this is what I thought of.
Cut the country into many republics and by the time the world and Ukrainians realize, Ukraine would be less than half of what it was.
Creating that buffer zone Russia was always talking about.

Zelensky you see ur life? Russia was never after ur country, it just want American missiles as far from her as possible.

You were deceived by the west....ur country will pay for the ignorance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by baralatie(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Russia creating a full sustainable republic for Donetsk,lohansk and Crimea and probably solving its own security issues for itself and finally for Ukraine.

Well you can see how the zelensky lost Ukraine all because of I want NATO

6 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Svlla: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
And Kharkiv too, that place has a strong Russian population and they mostly speak Russia. I think it's part of the reason why Ukrainian defence has been strong in that place.

Kharkiv, an administrative centre, former capital, commercial and industrial hub and Ukraines second largest city after Kiev

This is my prediction:
Kharkiv is the price and I see it falling under Luhansk administrative control

Meanwhile, Kherson, Zaporizhzhia and Mauripol in Donetsk will be integrated to Donesk

Am not so sure about Sumy and Chernihiv

baralatie:
Russia creating a full sustainable republic for Donetsk,lohansk and Crimea and probably solving its own security issues for itself and finally for Ukraine.

Well you can see how the zelensky lost Ukraine all because of I want NATO

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by sanpipita(m): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nigerians are praising Putin for something they criticize Fulani herdsmen for, I can't believe what I'm reading here
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by tonididdy(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
War is experience and brainwork... "Let's see what Putin's upto"

Social media and propaganda will only buy you sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Svlla:
True,
Same way they did in Crimea

But there's an argument for it if a significant portion of the local population is from the other country or its ethnic group

I think that right is guaranteed in the 'right of indigenous group to self determination' or something like that in UN

I think UN should be strengthen to do that. Indigenous people can apply for independent and UN can supervise that. But Russians in crimea. Donbas and Luhansk regions are not Indigenous. The Indigenous people are tartar and other minority tribes who were systematically suppressed by Russian empire, USSR and now Russia. It is just like saying ethinic fulanis in jos north are Indigenous in the area since they are the majority.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Vicotex(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

But when west dey remove head of countries and invade other nations, e no be provocation abi?
I guess dem dey bring democracy
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Vicotex:

But when west dey remove head of countries and invade other nations, e no be provocation abi?
I guess dem dey bring democracy
Is west yardstick for right and wrong?
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by sapientia(m): 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
LoL

None will be recognized

Hunger will bring them back

Ask former USSR members

Russia is just jumping from one mistake into another

joyandfaith:

Good luck with assuming that the person you quoted have sense to understand what you mean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Vicotex(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

You should ask the west how many times they've sanctioned or questioned the invasion of Libya by France and US, Nato and Co in the yugoslav war, Iraq first and second invasion, Yemen war etc. I can hi on if you want me.
How many times you hear your fucking CNN and and BBC condemn such attacks?
Instead you go see stupid headlines like " Librating the democratic people of Libya from the the grip of a dictator", now the so called dictator has been killed by the west, how good is the democratic people of Libya now after the west liberated them?

You always call Russia the aggressor, how many nations have they invaded or removed a head of state?

If you provoke the bear, you get biten real hard. Ask Georgia, Ukraine will testify

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2022
Vicotex:

You should ask the west how many times they've sanctioned or questioned the invasion of Libya by France and US, Nato and Co in the yugoslav war, Iraq first and second invasion, Yemen war etc. I can hi on if you want me.
How many times you hear your fucking CNN and and BBC condemn such attacks?
Instead you go see stupid headlines like " Librating the democratic people of Libya from the the grip of a dictator", now the so called dictator has been killed by the west, how good is the democratic people of Libya now after the west liberated them?

You always call Russia the aggressor, how many nations have they invaded or removed a head of state?

If you provoke the bear, you get biten real hard. Ask Georgia, Ukraine will testify
Ask people of libya why they rebelled against Gaddaffi? Why did he overthrow a monarchy and stay in power for 40 years?
Ask yourself why most of Russia neighbours don't want to associate with her?USSR/Russia has always been an aggressor. She had invaded finland, Hungary, Baltic States, Czechoslovakia, Georgia and now Ukraine.Google Russification of minority tribes and ethnic groups in Russian empire/ USSR/ Russia.
Russia is not a friendly nation.
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Vicotex(m): 8:34am On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

Ask people of libya why they rebelled against Gaddaffi? Why did he overthrow a monarchy and stay in power for 40 years?
Ask yourself why most of Russia neighbours don't want to associate with her?USSR/Russia has always been an aggressor. She had invaded finland, Hungary, Baltic States, Czechoslovakia, Georgia and now Ukraine.Google Russification of minority tribes and ethnic groups in Russian empire/ USSR/ Russia.
Hahahahaha ignorance is bliss.
France and US did thier thing in Libya because of oil and money. Know this and know peace.

Ask the baltics what?
Russia empire never invaded the baltics, Poland invaded Moscow and the Russia faught back and took their lands, ussr gave the baltics their freedom, thier first Republic, made them a sovereign Republic within the ussr, they should be grateful.
The Balkans have no issue with Russia, I heard you calling the Romanians, they have no issue with them and they never got invaded

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2022
Vicotex:

[s]Hahahahaha ignorance is bliss.
France and US did thier thing in Libya because of oil and money. Know this and know peace.

Ask the baltics what?
Russia empire never invaded the baltics, Poland invaded Moscow and the Russia faught back and took their lands, ussr gave the baltics their freedom, thier first Republic, made them a sovereign Republic within the ussr, they should be grateful.
The Balkans have no issue with Russia, I heard you calling the Romanians, they have no issue with them and they never got invaded[/s]
Are u blind? Where did you see Romania? Where did you see Poland in my post?
Go back to history class. You can google nations invaded by Soviet Union/Russia?
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Vicotex(m): 9:59am On Mar 13, 2022
[s]
joyandfaith:

Are u blind? Where did you see Romania? Where did you see Poland in my post?
Go back to history class. You can google nations invaded by Soviet Union/Russia?
[/s]
Historian can you please list the nations invaded by USSR?
Automatically USSR = Russia

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by Vicotex(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

Hahahahahaha, who was the leader of USSR during the time of russifacaton? I guess it was Josef Stanlin, whom himself isn't Russia, he's from current day Georgia
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 10:49am On Mar 13, 2022
Vicotex:

Hahahahahaha, who was the leader of USSR during the time of russifacaton? I guess it was Josef Stanlin, whom himself isn't Russia, he's from current day Georgia

Russification started even before Nicholas Tsar
Re: Ukraine: Russia To Create A Pseudo Independence Referendum In Kherson by joyandfaith: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Vicotex:
[s][/s]
[s]Historian can you please list the nations invaded by USSR?
Automatically USSR = Russia[/s]
Wasted education
USSR =15 republics

(1) (Reply)

Azovstal Reportedly Razed By Russian Troops / UK Court Sentences Nigerian Man To 12-month Community Service For Stalking.... / Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.