Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany (340 Views)

Nigerians Attack Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In Germany By IPOB Members After Meeting. Photos / See Orji Kalu’s New Look After Undergoing Surgery In Germany (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by Ricky97(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
Guy please permit me I'll be very short and precise.

I'm a first year medical student in Ukraine, currently in my mid twenties. I obtained my first degree in Medical Physiology back home in Nigeria. I fled to Germany last week to seek refuge due to the ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis. Prior to my coming to Germany i was in Hungary for over two weeks but i decided to head to Germany when i heard they were giving 3months to 1year permit for those fleeing from Ukraine against the 1month been given in Hungary, also coupled with better opportunities in Germany.

Recently I've been sending mails to schools and making enquires about gaining admission to continue my schooling in Germany, but right now I'm opting on going for my Masters programme than continuing my medical journey. Medicine in German public universities are taught in Germany Language while some private universities teach with English language but cost a fortune, secondly schooling in German government universities is free whether you're enrolled in Bachelor's or Masters programme.

Right now there are little or no schooling offering admission. My best bet is enrolling in the German Language study(B1 Level) which runs for like 6months and will cost around €4000.

Last night i had an interaction with my friend who's squatting me and currently on her post studies, with what i heard about Germany its really hard over here because the tax system is so unbearable. She advised i start up the Language school if i really want to base here considering i cannot survive here without knowing the basics, else i should look for admission to enable me get a work permit, save up money and move to a better country like canada. We also talked about the processed of getting a German which she said is very difficult and rigorous.

Folks in Germany or those who knows about the German system can you please give your input about settling down here permanently or temporarily then work towards moving to another country in a couple of years.

Lalasticlala
Re: Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by Frenchkiss564: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
This post should be in the travel section
Re: Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ricky97:
Guy please permit me I'll be very short and precise.

I'm a first year medical student in Ukraine, currently in my mid twenties. I obtained my first degree in Medical Physiology back home in Nigeria. I fled to Germany last week to seek refuge due to the ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis. Prior to my coming to Germany i was in Hungary for over two weeks but i decided to head to Germany when i heard they were giving 3months to 1year permit for those fleeing from Ukraine against the 1month been given in Hungary, also coupled with better opportunities in Germany.

Recently I've been sending mails to schools and making enquires about gaining admission to continue my schooling in Germany, but right now I'm opting on going for my Masters programme than continuing my medical journey. Medicine in German public universities are taught in Germany Language while some private universities teach with English language but cost a fortune, secondly schooling in German government universities is free whether you're enrolled in Bachelor's or Masters programme.

Right now there are little or no schooling offering admission. My best bet is enrolling in the German Language study(B1 Level) which runs for like 6months and will cost around €4000.

Last night i had an interaction with my friend who's squatting me and currently on her post studies, with what i heard about Germany its really hard over here because the tax system is so unbearable. She advised i start up the Language school if i really want to base here considering i cannot survive here without knowing the basics, else i should look for admission to enable me get a work permit, save up money and move to a better country like canada. We also talked about the processed of getting a German which she said is very difficult and rigorous.

Folks in Germany or those who knows about the German system can you please give your input about settling down here permanently or temporarily then work towards moving to another country in a couple of years.

Lalasticlala

All you need is German language lessons from A1-B2 level to kickstard/restart your academic studies in Germany since it's German taught.

Don't go to Goethe Institut for German language classes, it's the most expensive. Look for other cheaper language classes: there are non-profit institutions that offer language classes for very little fees. Also some city councils organize language classes for refugees and settlers which comes at a very cheap price.

Just try to look for alternatives, you'll be alright.
Re: Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by Ricky97(m): 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by Ricky97(m): 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
I'mconsidering switchingtoTech
Loewe:

All you need is German language lessons from A1-B2 level to kickstard/restart your academic studies in Germany since it's German taught.

Don't go to Goethe Institut for German language classes, it's the most expensive. Look for other cheaper language classes: there are non-profit institutions that offer language classes for very little fees. Also some city councils organize language classes for refugees and settlers which comes at a very cheap price.

Just try to look for alternatives, you'll be alright.
Re: Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ricky97:
I'mconsidering switchingtoTech

Not a bad idea. IT is in demand in Germany. Medical sciences are also in demand cos everyone seems to be porting to IT these days. So choose wisely.
Re: Share Your Advice About Starting Up Life In Germany by BSsniffer: 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
You can download duolingo to help you get started with the German language

(1) (Reply)

Loading 90%: How Saliu Mustapha Is Gradually Emerging The Star Attraction Of APC / Osibanjo Presidency / Zoning: Tambuwal Clarifies Statement On PDP Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.