Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,013 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery (559 Views)

'I Can’t Be Bullied' Bianca Ojukwu Shares Clearer Video Of Fight With Mrs Obiano / Lagos Bans Media Parading Of Suspects / Parading Of Suspects By Police Could Be Banned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by Danniscott(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
Outrage: As Mrs Obiano condemns stripping and parading of a woman for alleged adultry

The wife of the Governor of Anambra State and founder of the charity organization, Caring Family Enhancement Initiative (CAFE), Dr. Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano (Osodieme) has expressed outrage over stripping and parading naked of a woman alleged to have committed adultry by some persons in a video circulating on social media platforms.
Mrs. Obiano condemned the treatment meted out to the woman in a statement she made through the Deputy Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Mr. Emeka Ozumba. She said:

"My attention was drawn to a video clip containing graphic images of a woman subjected to ignominious treatment of the worst kind. She was not only publicly condemned over alleged adultery, but paraded stark naked on the streets. I must say that the conduct of the persons who took laws into their hands to debase the hapless woman was barbaric and disgusting".

"How could anyone have contrived to subject a fellow human being to such debasing treatment in this 21st century beats my imagination. I am particularly unhappy because it is a clear betrayal and an affront on the values  of our society and a demarketing of the efforts we made in the last eight years to promote the dignity and respect for our women."

Mrs Obiano said that she has already called the attention of the relevant authorities to weigh in and bring the perpetrators of the  dastardly act to book as it cannot be condoned in the society.

Re: Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by BSsniffer: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
This woman is likely patronizing some cheap plastic surgeon.....why does she have a man face grin grin
Re: Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by Lionize: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Yes na, why treat her that way. And to think that most of them carrying out the act are either adulterers or potential adulterers. But, whatever the case, sue her if you think she has done anything wrong.

It worries me most times to see that the men who commit adultery are hailed while their sin partners demonized. I hail westerners on matters like this.

I stand with Mrs Obiano on this.
Re: Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by GreatTormentor: 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
ok
Re: Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by joe54: 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
Barbaric
Re: Outrage: As Mrs Obiano Condemns Stripping And Parading Of A Woman For Adultery by Treasure17(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
I guess the people did not factor in the ridiculousness of their actions considering the circumstances that lead to such an unfortunate display. However, it's thought provoking and unecessary show of shame.

(1) (Reply)

Who Did We Offend In Nigeria? 10 Amazing Facts About The UAE! / Buhari, Adamu, Omisore, Key National APC Stakeholders Shun Udoedehe’s Reception / This Topic Is Hidden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.