Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,381 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike (23534 Views)

What Will Ndigbo Do If PDP Does Not Zone Its Ticket To The SE? / Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back / Opinion: What APC Understands That PDP Does Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by omenkaLives(m): 7:31am On Mar 14, 2022

The crisis between Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki and his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike, deepened yesterday.

Obaseki took exception to Wike’s attacks on him and his deputy, Philip Shaibu, saying that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is not the personal property of the Rivers governor.

The Edo governor said he will not accept political bullies and overlords, reminding Wike how he had dethroned bullies and high handed leaders.

Obaseki emphasised that Edo cannot be bought.

In an advertorial in this paper today, the Edo governor accused Wike of unguarded and disruptive tendencies, urging party leaders to call him to order.

Defending his deputy over his remarks about Edo PDP, Obaseki said Wike shoukd have taken a cue from the way the national chairman, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, responded to Shaibu’s remarks.

He collaborated Shaibu’s complaint that “the leaders, executives and members” who defected along with him from the All Progressives Congress (APC) have not been accepted, integrated and harmonised into the Edo PDP.

He lamented that the defectors were being vilified and ostracised by a cabal led by Chief Dan Orbih.

Obaseki wondered why Wike is always fond of threatening the party and party leaders.

He said while nobody is against Wike’s desire to run for President, he shoukd not pursue his ambition in a disruptive manner.

Obaseki said: “While Wike is free to use his resources as he deems fit in pursuit of his ambition, he should not attempt to cow, intimidate, cajole and threaten others into doing his bidding. Edo State cannot and will not be procured for anyone’s personal ambition.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-does-not-belong-to-wike-says-obaseki/

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by youngest85(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2022
Gbam!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 14, 2022
yeah Wike is feeling as if he own the PDP. but i dont blame him, cos wike and his co are the true sons of PDP. They didnot defect even doing its failure. Not like Obasaki that defect few years back

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by hisexcellency34: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2022
Ordinary Shaibu, deputy governor will finish Wike the drunk

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Lawlab254: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by ProDigitals: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2022
Ingrates. You all can see firsthand why people no longer help people anymore.

You have been told several times to leave the party if you're unhappy. Why not leave in peace ?

I will never take people who come to me seeking for help serious. Never. Ingrates

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by omenkaLives(m): 7:35am On Mar 14, 2022
I remember when the Oba of Binin warned Wike against attempting to control Obaseki. I'm sure he took the Oba's admonition lightly.

https://www.nairaland.com/6151066/dont-try-control-obaseki-oba

132 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by gaby(m): 7:35am On Mar 14, 2022
Na wa

The way money dey shack and control this Ikwerre man ehn...I can't wait to see how he'll cope out of office when the Billions in monthly allocation stop coming to him.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by ProDigitals: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2022
omenkaLives:
I remember when the Oba of Binin warned Wike against attempting to control Obaseki. I'm sure he took the Oba's admonition lightly.

https://www.nairaland.com/6151066/dont-try-control-obaseki-oba

How did Wike control Obaseki. Are you aware even the Oba could not protect Obaseki when it was red and he was bent on being destroyed inclusive of going to jail before he was given cover?

How many Vice Governors have criticised their parties publicly all over the world in a Democratic system

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by omenkaLives(m): 7:36am On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:
Ingrates

Edo no be Rumoula. grin grin grin

145 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by donbachi(m): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2022
Wike too do.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by ProDigitals: 7:38am On Mar 14, 2022
donbachi:
Wike too do.

How e too do? Has Shuaibu not been calling for it? Have we not been seeing his comments in the last few weeks before this moment. Did anyone call him to order before now?..

You do not criticise your foundation publicly. Anywhere in the world. He should forget being the governor of Edo state in the PDP platform.

That's what all these scheming is about. Forgetting that both he and Obaseki met stakeholders who had been there for decades.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by omenkaLives(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:

How did Wike control Obaseki. Are you aware even the Oba could not protect Obaseki when it was red and he was bent on being destroyed inclusive of going to jail before he was given cover?

How many Vice Governors have criticised their parties publicly all over the world in a Democratic system
Warned against attempting to...

Meanwhile, direct your query to the Oba. He said so not me. Edo no be Waterlines. cheesy

140 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by donbachi(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2022
ProDigitals:

How e too do? Has Shuaibu not been calling for it? Have we not been seeing his comments in the last few weeks before this moment. Did anyone call him to order before now?
Ayu did.
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by ProDigitals: 7:39am On Mar 14, 2022
omenkaLives:
Warned against attempting to...

Meanwhile, direct your query to the Oba. He said so not me. Edo no be Waterlines. cheesy

I understand your lack of faithfulness in your comment. After all, its the third world.

Obaseki and Shuaibu should leave PDP and see if APC won't tear them apart in weeks

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by ProDigitals: 7:42am On Mar 14, 2022
donbachi:
Ayu did.

He can't hijack the party structure. That is what he is trying to do so he takes over from Obaseki.

Did they not enter an agreement privately? And you all think PDP would welcome both in on the ground that he would be governor when Edo PDP had strong men that had been the pillar for decades.

If not for Wike's personal efforts, Obaseki would be in Kuje prison by now, talkless of being a governor.

Even after Obaseki,he will take up vice again under previous stakeholders in PDP. If he doesn't like, he can leave

I hate lack of loyalty

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by ProDigitals: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2022
His father this, his father that, who did his father help asides Oshiomole?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by mightyhaze: 7:47am On Mar 14, 2022
Simple
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by blamingthedevil: 7:48am On Mar 14, 2022
As APC Governors are settling their matters, PDP Governors have started their own fight and one Yeye Daily post said all 36 States Governors agreed.

But why is Obasaki always spoiling for fight?

Na advertorial Obasaki did on National Dailies

123 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Mooh247: 7:48am On Mar 14, 2022
cool

Troublesome childless impotent miscreant of a Governor, I wonder who he is working for to inherit him

He fights everyone for selfish reasons and turn around to claim victim

He got his first ever Political office through Tinubu in Lagos State, only for the ingrate to turn around with the campaign of Edo no be Lagos

Oshiomhole made him a Governor only for him to get Oshiomhole removed as the Party chairman all in the name of fighting rugged

He cancelled late Captain Osunbor's contract with NIMASA, just to bring him down

Only him, he fought NURTW Kabaka and destroyed his hotel, State House of Assembly, Oba of Benin over Benin bronze, PDP Edo exco members

I hope Wike shows him what true power is and cut the idiot to size

138 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Is04970: 7:48am On Mar 14, 2022
Unfortunately PDP slaves from the erosion ridden redmudland are busy with APC.
Edo no be wetin again?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Raxxye(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2022
We hear
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Truthisunique3: 7:49am On Mar 14, 2022
I talk am say na obaseki dey use shaibu fight wike that time, small ynash too wan shake for national politics

You go fit bankroll PDP like wike

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by JuanDeDios: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2022
Edo no be Rivers! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2022
Pdp is too big for anybody to threaten

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Dididrumz(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by robosky02(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Pele10: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2022
Oya na fight don start obaseki go soon run go back to APC because him no go fit witstand the wiket wike.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by realstars: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2022
Truly
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Almaigaa: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2022
Make this Ugly and incompetent Man go siddon. Wike is miles better than you in every category. If Wike is to contest as Governor along side Obaseki in Edo (for instance) Edo people will vote him instead of Obaseki. Who has proven to be a failure.

Ugly morafuka

14 Likes

Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by Departure: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2022
undecided
Re: Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2022
Wike no be Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer / Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N9.06bn On Food, Travel, Cars, Others / Malami: Why FG Is Keeping Nnamdi Kanu Despite Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.