Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Akwa Ibom: I Won't Call Akwa Ibom People "Dogs - Pastor Umo Eno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom: I Won't Call Akwa Ibom People "Dogs - Pastor Umo Eno (181 Views)

I Won't Call Akwa Ibom People "Dogs - Pastor Umo Eno / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) / Rerun Polls: Call Akwa Ibom REC, Igini To Order, Nabena Tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom: I Won't Call Akwa Ibom People "Dogs - Pastor Umo Eno by edikandavid(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2022
Akwa Ibom State 2023 PDP Gubernatorial Aspirant and Commissioner for Lands/Water Resources, Pastor Umo Eno has assured Senator Aloysius Etok and the people of Ikono LGA that he will not let down the people of Akwa Ibom State by calling them "Dogs" when the mandate is bestowed on him to govern the State.

The aspirant made the pledge during his consultation visit to Senator Aloysius Etok at his country home in Ediene, Ikono LGA.

Speaking during the visit, he thanked Senator Aloysius Etok for believing in his aspiration, hence his being accorded his due respect as a Senator.

Pastor Eno said he was in Ikono to pay homage to the elder statesman and to seek for his blessing and support for his aspiration to serve the State as Governor in 2023.

He maintained that Governor Udom Emmanuel has put in so much in the development of Akwa Ibom State which according to him must be sustained for the overall good of the citizens.

The seasoned entrepreneur assured everyone that if elected into office, he would continue to pay due respect to the elders, and ensure the creation of the middle class which according to him, would stimulate and stabilise the economy.

Earlier, while presenting the aspirant, the Deputy Director of Campaigns organization, Akparawa Godwin Ntukudeh and the International Chairman of Maintain Peace Movement (MPM) Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem, with the political leader of Uyo Senatorial District, Senator Effiong Bob affirmed Pastor Eno as a credible aspirant with a laudable track record, and appealed to Senator Etok whom they described as a believer in the project to mobilize his supporters in favour of the project.

In his response, Senator Aloysius Etok thanked the team for coming to consult him despite his deep involvement in the project already, adding that Pastor Umo Eno's 2023 project is a divine mission.

He noted that he was one of the first three believers of Umo Eno's project, noting that the visit by the team was just to know his house as he was already a full believer in the cause.

The revered Ikono/Ini Development Hall of Famer described the aspirant as a man with passion and capacity to build on the legacies of Governor Udom Emmanuel, especially in the area of peace, prosperity and security.

In his words, "if you don't know the value of peace and security, ask me. I have no history of high blood pressure, but I developed HBP when my wife was kidnapped and stayed in the kidnapper's den for 12 days.

So Pastor Umo be rest assured, Ikono is with you. We will deliver you and shock the State at the number of votes that will be cast" he said.

Furthermore other stakeholders in the area including; the Commissioner for Health, Prof Augustine Umoh, State House Member, Hon. Asukwo Nanna, the Council Chairman, Nyakno Uwemedimo, and SSA to the Governor on Petroleum Monitoring, Sir Victor Etefia said Ikono was the first to back Pastor Eno's aspiration after his unveiling by Akwa Ibom stakeholders, and assured the consultation team of their support and massive mobilization to ensure all round success of the project.

© The Cradle Newspaper

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Dog Eat Dog Country / Group Urges Govt To Escalate Enforcement Of Graphic Health Warning Policy / Lagos Police Command Gets New Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.