Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich (28653 Views)

Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by lexy2014: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
JosephXavier:

Do your assignment bro

You have data and Internet

In the screenshot, was it written that Mohammed bouazizi was an Egyptian?

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Mrbenny001: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
tammie24:
I see you are also very cowardly in nature too going by what you said

If person commit offense
Na the family go go prison abi
What's this one saying...so what offense has president putin committed...and who is he accountable to...and who is to punish him... Russia has invaded another country and Russia will bear the grunt...I think you're too small to understand that

2 Likes

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Shikena(m): 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ximenez:

The biggest player in EU is still UK, and they've been coming for Roman and consequently Chelsea since 2018.
Abramovich uncovered: Train theft and kidnap in secret document
Date published: Tuesday 15th March 2022 10:27 - Will Ford
https://www.football365.com/news/abramovich-train-robbery-kidnap-chelsea-secret-document

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60736185
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0014jm8/panorama-roman-abramovichs-dirty-money

New evidence about the corrupt deals that made Roman Abramovich his fortune in Russia have been uncovered.

The BBC obtained a document that is thought to have been smuggled out Russia by a confidential source, who claimed they had secretly copied the information on Abramovich from Russian law enforcement agencies.

READ MORE: As the bodies pile up, where is our moral line now?

This could not be verified but the BBC investigated the claims and found other sources to corroborate them .

The Chelsea owner – who was sanctioned by the UK government last week for his links with Vladimir Putin and has had all his assets frozen – is said to have made his billions buying an oil company from the Russian government in a rigged auction in 1995.

Abramovich paid around $250m for Sibneft, before selling it back to the Russian government for $13bn in 2005.

The oligarch has already admitted in a UK court in 2012 that he gave former business associate Boris Berezovsky – the man suing him – $10m to pay off a Kremlin official.

It’s claimed much of the money borrowed by Abramovich to buy Sibneft came from the Russian government.

The secret document says ‘shortly before the auction… a government minister deposited $137m dollars of the budget money’ (Russian taxpayers’ money) into a bank, which then lent Abramovich the money to buy the company.

The BBC document adds yet more meat to the bones, claiming the Russian government (and by proxy the Russian people) was cheated out of $2.7bn in the Sibneft deal.

The document states that ‘if Abramovich could be brought to trial he would have faced accusations of fraud… by an organised criminal group’.

Russia’s former chief prosecuter, Yuri Skuratov, who investigated the deal in the 1990s, told BBC Panorama: “Basically, it was a fraudulent scheme, where those who took part in the privatisation formed one criminal group that allowed Abramovich and Berezovsky to trick the government and not pay the money that this company was really worth.”

The document also suggests Mr Abramovich was protected by Boris Yeltsin, with the former Russia president stopping Skuratov’s investigation.

The document says: ‘Skuratov was preparing a criminal case for the confiscation of Sibneft on the basis of the investigation of its privatisation. The investigation was stopped by President Yeltsin … Skuratov was dismissed from his office.’

Mr Skuratov was sacked after the release of a sex tape in 1999, which he says it was a stitch-up to discredit him.

He said: “This whole thing was obviously political, because in my investigations I came very close to the family of Boris Yeltsin, including via this investigation of the Sibneft privatisation.”

Abramovich was involved in another rigged auction two years later, for the Russian oil company Slavneft, having remained close to the Kremlin as Putin came to power.

A Chinese company bid almost twice as much as Abramovich for Slavneft, but with powerful people – including Putin – set to lose out if Abramovich’s consortium lost, a member of the Chinese delegation was kidnapped when they arrived in Moscow for the auction, according to the document.

‘CNPC, Chinese company, a very strong competitor, had to withdraw from the auction after one of its representatives was kidnapped upon arrival at Moscow Airport and was released only after the company declared its withdrawal.’

The kidnapping story is said to have been backed up by independent sources.

Russia’s deputy energy minister Vladimir Milov said senior political figures had already decided Abramovich’s group would win the auction.

Milov said: “I said, look, the Chinese want to come in and they want to pay a much bigger price. They say it doesn’t matter, shut up, none of your business. It’s already decided. Slavneft goes to Abramovich, the price is agreed. The Chinese will be dragged out somehow.”

Abramovich’s lawyers insist the kidnap claim “is entirely unsubstantiated” and Abramovich has “no knowledge of such incident”.

The Chinese group withdrew, leaving Abramovich with the only remaining bid, meaning Abramovich’s partnership bought Slavneft at a knockdown price.

Abramovich’s lawyers claim allegations of corruption in the Slavneft and Sibneft deals are false.

But Abramovich had a scrape with the law before the two oil company deals.

In 1992, when Abramovich was just 25, the document claims the deputy city prosecutor of Moscow ‘authorised the imprisonment of Abramovich under Article 90 of the criminal procedure code’.

Russian detectives were investigating the alleged theft of a trainload of diesel, with Abramovich the main suspect.

The document states: ‘Abramovich personally met the shipment and using forged documents had it rerouted to Riga where the diesel oil was sold’.

Abramovich was arrested but never charged and his lawyers claim it was “all a misunderstanding and the matter was resolved”.

But the document suggests Abramovich was detained in police custody – a point the oligarch did not deny.

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Shikena(m): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
lexy2014:

In the screenshot, was it written that Mohammed bouazizi was an Egyptian?
My good friend Lexy, you are correct here but why not just make corrections when you observe an error and move on? Why are you always interested in these time wasting back and forth online? Bouazizi is Tunisian, simple.

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Badonasty(m): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lol…this man don buy market….he must be very close to Putin to be assaulted on all fronts like this

2 Likes

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Shikena(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Badonasty:
Lol…this man don buy market….he must be very close to Putin to be assaulted on all fronts like this

2 Likes

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by frankson1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
tammie24:
This is really unfair

Are they afraid of Putin
They should stop attacking Russians and face Putin
Cowards

Foreigners will know where and how to store their wealth.
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by descartes400: 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
By the time the West are done with Roman Abramovich, even that Lagos tout whose initials starts with Master of Ceremonies will be richer than him.
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by bravoluv83(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Do you know that chelsea in the 90's was bought for 1POUND!!!!!!!
1 fucking pound by ken Bates

Before selling it to Abrahimovic for 30 million pounds.
FROM 1 POUND TO 30 MILLION POUNDS
Major Finesse shocked

The funny part is thst they said Chelsea had issies due to the hooligan nature of Chelsea fans. grin grin Even in the 1980's till now Chelsea

No wonder Agberos feel a strong connection with Chelsea. grin grin
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Shikena:

My good friend Lexy, you are correct here but why not just make corrections when you observe an error and move on? Why are you always interested in these time wasting back and forth online? Bouazizi is Tunisian, simple.

My good friend Shikena, thank u for your observation. Did I waste your time by going back and forth? If I did, pls let me know
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by akilo1: 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
Anything to bring Russians and Russia down is welcome,those lazy Chelsea fans vomiting thrash upadan should take their anger to thunder

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by mmsen: 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Do you know that chelsea in the 90's was bought for 1POUND!!!!!!!
1 fucking pound by ken Bates

Before selling it to Abrahimovic for 30 million pounds.
FROM 1 POUND TO 30 MILLION POUNDS
Major Finesse shocked

The funny part is thst they said Chelsea had issies due to the hooligan nature of Chelsea fans. grin grin Even in the 1980's till now Chelsea

No wonder Agberos feel a strong connection with Chelsea. grin grin

Bought for 1 pound but then had to invest considerable sums to repay existing debts, renovate the stadium and the squad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by toxtimmy: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
Africa get leaders?... E be like say you no know say Isreal is even some sort of member of Africa Union (AU)?... The so called African leaders when dem steal money where you thik say them dey take their money go?... Their children all dey live lavish life in western world and una dey here or we dey here dey call them leaders...abeg na make me laugh.

JosephXavier:
These people are full of hypocrites

They are all hiding behind America to carry out their sanctions

We all know that Russia is bigger than the whole Europe put together

The same thing Russia is doing in Ukraine was what US did in Libya but I blame AU and African presidents for failing Libya

Look at how Europe is rallying round Ukraine

African leaders should take this as a challenge and put their house in order

How will African be selling it's resources to developed countries at giveaway prices and be importing the finished goods at exorbitant amount

There should be massive industrial revolution in Africa

If not,these parasites will continue to use African countries and intimidate Africans
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by hayzed19(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hypocrites
They did not see anything wrong when he donated 74 million pounds ($100m) to an Israeli settler group that displaces Palestinians from occupied East Jerusalem.
Ain't happy with the killing and war thou but they should also feel what they have been doing in other continent too
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by unclejb2(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
JosephXavier:

The same thing Russia is doing in Ukraine was what US did in Libya but I blame AU and African presidents for failing Libya

How will African be selling it's resources to developed countries at giveaway prices and be importing the finished goods at exorbitant amount

If not,these parasites will continue to use African countries and intimidate Africans
I stopped reading when I read Russia is bigger than Europe.

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by tammie24: 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Mrbenny001:
What's this one saying...so what offense has president putin committed...and who is he accountable to...and who is to punish him... Russia has invaded another country and Russia will bear the grunt...I think you're too small to understand that
I don't think you will get it even if they open your brain and put it inside

Goodbye!
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Draggun(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
Am I the only one who thinks this is a witch hunt targeted against Mr Roman?
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
I think the war is between Chelsea and Ukraine... e remain small make they ban Chelsea from scoring goals... useless MANU , Penaldo and Alex ferguson has hand in all these falling on my beloved Chelsea fc
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Shikena(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
lexy2014:
My good friend Shikena, thank u for your observation. Did I waste your time by going back and forth? If I did, pls let me know
You are welcome. I will let you know when it happens again grin

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by hybridblood07(m): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
They might be friends but Roman might not be in support if the invasion
Metachit:
Putin dines on an extremely long table with his top military guys but he won't think it twice to share a couch with Abra, there are couple of pictures of them smiling and talking so closely. So goes a lot to show they're more than friends.

A chelsea Fan tho
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Bounceboune7: 12:13am On Mar 16, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Na WA oooooo. Na only abramovich Waka come? But to be sincere, if world leaders want to sanction any Nigeria billionaire, due to padipadi with government, or enrichment thru government, I Know dangote and alakija will not escape it.
what about Allen onyeama, elumelu n co?

1 Like

Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Mrbenny001: 2:06am On Mar 16, 2022
tammie24:
I don't think you will get it even if they open your brain and put it inside

Goodbye!
Tell me how West should punish putin directly without effect on Russia people...or forever keep shut in your ignorant
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by 007s(m): 3:57am On Mar 16, 2022
JosephXavier:

What did US did in Libya?

In Libya, the people revolted against leader and wanted him ousted. This was after he called his citizens unprintable names and mentioned that what happened in Tunisia can never happen in Libya

In Ukraine, Russia attacked a sovereign nation because of their choice of association.

While I do believe that Ukraine should be discouraged from Joining NATO, I think there are better ways to do this e.g Via military cooperation between Ukraine and Russia, Grant and Aids to Ukraine, I.e making Ukraine feel like a member of an association that benefit them compared to NATO etc.
You want become World Power, u no know say you go spend money, you want to make a sovereign nation your puppet by force
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Bifwoli: 4:28am On Mar 16, 2022
Shikena:
Putinford Bridge falling down
I;m happy the Gulf Arab owners of ManCity aren't facing this mess.One less competitor when Chelshit goes down.
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by lexy2014: 6:41am On Mar 16, 2022
Shikena:

You are welcome. I will let you know when it happens again grin

I don't think you understood the question. I didn't ask you about the future. I asked about the past.

Did I waste your time by going back and forth? If I did, pls let me know
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Ferdinandu(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2022
JosephXavier:

Tyrants and Dictators are canker worms to the world.
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 16, 2022
Russians are the new Jews.
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Shikena(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
lexy2014:

I don't think you understood the question. I didn't ask you about the future. I asked about the past.

Did I waste your time by going back and forth? If I did, pls let me know
I clearly did. I deliberately ignored the past.
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by lexy2014: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
Shikena:

I clearly did. I deliberately ignored the past.

If u deliberately ignored the past, then what exactly did you bring to my attention about wasting time?
Re: EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich by Shikena(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
lexy2014:
If u deliberately ignored the past, then what exactly did you bring to my attention about wasting time?
I pointed it out that you should just correct people instead of repeatedly asking questions leading to unnecessary back and forth e.g. the back and forth on the Tunisian guy.
We are already towing the path of back and forth questions again grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Raheem Sterling To Pay For Young Crystal Palace Player's Funeral / Russia 2018 – Hazard Takes Swipe At England’s Golden Generation / List Of Most Expensive Football Players In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.