Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. (10681 Views)

Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / Suicide Bomber Attacks Garkida, Adamawa, Killing 9, Injuring Many More / Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by pleep(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2011
[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQcnSqFb7Y[/flash]

Look at this wierd video I found on YouTube.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by BABE3: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2011
What the french?!   Egbami ke--- For 9ja? and no one is doing anything about it--- We ain't ready for this kind behavior o.

What's so joyful about the ride sef--  Messes up citizens + messed country = a disaster.

Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by kcjazz(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2011
Nna see Formula 1 business, build a small center and charge fees for them to participate.

Well, FRSC must act and regulate, I like the initiative but the venue is wrong. Plus I could listen to this reporter all day, sounds like he is singing grin
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by shotster50(m): 12:33am On Jul 01, 2011
''These boys are are making gangstar scenarios'' LWKMD, Wth kinda reporting is that.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by apoti(m): 12:51am On Jul 01, 2011
I've witnessed this stunt on one occasion, it's pathetic that so many accidents and injuries occur yet people still go there every Sunday shocked
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by pleep(m): 12:51am On Jul 01, 2011
Plus I could listen to this reporter all day, sounds like he is singing  
Yea i know that guys voice was mesmerizing. Very wierd.  undecided
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by pleep(m): 12:53am On Jul 01, 2011
apoti:

I've witnessed this stunt on one occasion, it's pathetic that so many accidents and injuries occur yet people still go there every Sunday shocked
So you have seen it? whats it like
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by apoti(m): 1:08am On Jul 01, 2011
pleep:

So you have seen it? whats it like 

it's exactly as it was reported, it could be fun but it's not safe at all. The venue is under the overhead bridge between Ecumenical centre and National mosque and the time is 5 pm every Sunday.

The first time I saw them was early last year, I was driving along that line and I was surprised to see people gathered (I even thought it was an accident at first) so I parked to check, only to see the Nigerian James Bonds and Van Dammes displaying their skills shocked

They boys come with new cars (mostly bmw and benz) and drive at about 120-150 k/h within a very short distance, apply the brake suddenly and try to turn the car around. It was fun to be sincere  cheesy

I stopped going there when one of the boys lost control and hit the wall of the bridge and was seriously injured
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by shotster50(m): 2:13am On Jul 01, 2011
What they need is a proper racing track
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by pleep(m): 2:37am On Jul 01, 2011
^ what they need is an a$s kickin angry isnt this a public road?

1 Like

Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by koruji(m): 2:46am On Jul 01, 2011
This is actually a video from the days of OBJ in Aso Rock or thereabout

pleep:

^ what they need is an a$s kickin angry isnt this a public road?
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by Pafuri(m): 3:03am On Jul 01, 2011
Where the phuk is my GLOCK! shocked :oI need to pop some mu/tha/phu/kers sad sad. Can one of the spectators help? grin grin grin grin
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by Dolemite(f): 3:20am On Jul 01, 2011
Idiots. . .I mean the spectators on the road side, I wish I was there to take clips for sale on that tv show 'when good times go bad'. . .I won't be by the road side of course.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by Fhemmmy: 3:22am On Jul 01, 2011
I pity Nigeria. . .
A nation where there is not good response for Ambulance and that is even if we have some that are functioning.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by billante(m): 3:38am On Jul 01, 2011
This video and topic is old, those vagabonds have since been chased away, with the boko haram tension around Abuja, the Nigerian police will just use them as scapegoats, to score cheap points!
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by apoti(m): 3:57am On Jul 01, 2011
koruji:

This is actually a video from the days of OBJ in Aso Rock or thereabout

That's not true, I still saw them in 2009/2010
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by kzar001: 4:00am On Jul 01, 2011
Stale gist, dey don stop am. since last year after dis report. Tha real gist is dat they've gone upscale. Now it is Ceddi Plaza road, after some bottles of Coddin. The culture was copied from saudi rich kids.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by GAR3TH(m): 4:16am On Jul 01, 2011
First off this video is old, second I haven't heard of people getting killed from these stunts, Probably injured. Third and not last what makes them rich? so you need to be rich in order to street race? since when, just because someone drive a better or modified car doesn't make them rich.

You can find stunts and street races all over nigeria and around the world, nothing special. Dont understand why the reporter acts like its a big deal and makes it sound as if it only occurs in abuja.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by pleep(m): 4:55am On Jul 01, 2011
^^First off in a country were the average person makes 2 dollars a day a young person With no job who is able to buy a mercades and stupidly crash it into a wall is rich.
Secondly, the police officer in the video said people were 'killing themselves' you can watch it again if you don't remember.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 01, 2011
pleep:

^^First off in a country were the average person makes 2 dollars a day a young person With no job who is able to buy a mercades and stupidly crash it into a wall is rich.
Secondly, the police officer in the video said people were 'killing themselves' you can watch it again if you don't remember.
lol
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by beespak7(m): 5:49am On Jul 01, 2011
LOL fast and furious naija style
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by lovemoi2(f): 6:44am On Jul 01, 2011
GAR3TH:

First off this video is old, second I haven't heard of people getting killed from these stunts, Probably injured. [B]Third and not last what makes them rich? so you need to be rich in order to street race? since when, just because someone drive a better or modified car doesn't make them rich[/b].

You can find stunts and street races all over nigeria and around the world, nothing special. Dont understand why the reporter acts like its a big deal and makes it sound as if it only occurs in abuja.

YOU MUST BE HIGH ON SOMETHING OR JUST TYPING RUBISH are u kidding? We are talking about poverty striking country here! So yeah!!! in Nigeria, you have to be rich to do this crap!!!
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2011
This is freaking dangerous because,these kinda stunts are mostly done on smooth tracks,those road are just way too rough.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by GAR3TH(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2011
lovemoi2:

YOU MUST BE HIGH ON SOMETHING OR JUST TYPING RUBISH are u kidding? We are talking about poverty striking country here! So yeah!!! in Nigeria, you have to be rich to do this crap!!!

pleep:

They are not all expensive cars, thats what I said. The reporters makes it sounds as if rich people are the ones who do this while its mainly your average Nigerians that are doing this. You can only see 1 Mercedes in the video and it a 1995–2002 E-class (not 2011) and the rest are average cars you see in nigeria.

You don't need to be rich to do donuts or to even race and you can find the same thing happening in Lagos, Calabar, Port Harcourt etc.

#still don't believe me then name Name 1 expensive car you saw in the video?

BTW I'm against this type of activity, I just want people to get facts right.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by 190: 7:55am On Jul 01, 2011
This Video is as old AS hell and those drivers where taken to court

funny i even witnessed one of em back in the days, how come is this making the front page
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by leuelliot(m): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2011
This video again MOD whats up nau?
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by Bawss1(m): 8:05am On Jul 01, 2011
Una never tire for this old gist?
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by werepeLeri: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2011
Only "diasporians" will see this as news. As old as hell.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by pleep(m): 8:07am On Jul 01, 2011
190:

funny i even witnessed one of em back in the days, how come is this making the front page

Ah well. . .it's still interesting. Let's just reminisce.
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by werepeLeri: 8:07am On Jul 01, 2011
lovemoi2:

I think you are the one high on something. Rich people drive Feraris, Bentleys, Maserratis in Nigeria and you see these old cars and you talk this rubbish?
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by IanLoo: 8:24am On Jul 01, 2011
this video is very very old. I attended the events back then and saw the accident happen. They were arrested and charged to court not sure of the final outcome. Also, they are rich kids, I recall one burnt out his tires, left and returned with new tires and burnt them again!!! poor person fit buy 4 brand new tires within an hour without notice or planning?
Re: Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. by joe4christ(m): 8:35am On Jul 01, 2011
190:

I re-wonder o! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Law And Policy? / Seyi Makinde Is Clearly Leading In Oyo State / Hon. Hashimu, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.