Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,418 members, 7,826,620 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? (10365 Views)

Can A Nigerian Become A Billionaire Without Patronizing Corruption Or Politics? / Lagos Government Is Not Patronizing Nigeria Car Industry / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2011
[flash=480,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb9YbmRI-BU[/flash]

I think this CNN report was very unfair to tinnapa, Since when were they armed rebels in calabar? However, they have a point, I have been to tinnapa and it was very very quiet. Why are people not comming?
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Musiwa42: 1:18am On Jul 01, 2011
tinapa make me more a prophet about nigeria. at the time they wanted to build tinapa, i kick again it on nairaland. And I said it was not a wise investment. that tinapa should have been built very close to the redeemed camp area along the lagos to ibadan expressway.

at that time, they called me different name, and label me a tribalist. they assume it was because i was yoruba.

I make my statement with an unbias heart. my prediction was accurate.

to turn around tinapa, it will take a genius to do. I think i can turn around tinapa, but not over the internet.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 1:25am On Jul 01, 2011
I agree with you on that. Tinnapa would have been better near lagos.

But its hard to understand why the location in Calabar is not working out, Calabar is already a popular vaction spot for Nigerians. Its beautiful and completly safe.

The Tinnapa premises also has a dedicated sea port as I understand.  The plan seems watertight.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Mariory(m): 1:42am On Jul 01, 2011
The Federals (Customs) killed Tinapa for whatever reason.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by kcjazz(m): 1:47am On Jul 01, 2011
***POSTED THIS A YEAR AGO, same issue and they have not followed my advice. For a fee, I could turn Tinapa around, No kidding. wink

Wrong planning. I don't agree customs frustrated it. That is supposed to have been sorted out by the feasibility studies. $450m could have helped build industries for the good people of Cross River State. Why didn't they build in phases?

Right now they are stuck, I think they have a marketing problem instead. By the way how many movies have been produced at the Tinapa studios? Is that a custom problem too?

They have to come up with ways to re-brand the location, I hate the Dubai tag why not be Tinapa. Improve electricity in Calabar to attract businesses, hence more people. What is unique about this place? Is there a history museum? why not liaise with the Museum commission to create something different. Biafra Museum, craft museum. Transportation? can I get a days flight to this location from Lagos and back the same day. Is there a Tinapa magazine or journal? Website?
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 1:56am On Jul 01, 2011
Yea it seems like everything nigeria does its designed to copy something else. The Dubai tag is juts plan silly IMO.
there is also a serious lack of advertising.

how on earth did the project cost 450mill? wastefull angry
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Mariory(m): 1:58am On Jul 01, 2011
@kcjazz
Yes they have a website. Yes they did build in phases. Yes they carried out massive advertising. I still believe that Customs service killed it.

http://tinapa.com.ng/
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 2:04am On Jul 01, 2011
^ how?
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Mariory(m): 2:12am On Jul 01, 2011
Watch that CNN vid again. It's mentioned in there.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by ezeagu(m): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2011
The northerners killed Tinapa when they failed to sign the tax whatever. There's no beating about the bush of what happened.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2011
^the tax whatever?

@Mariory you must mean not opening the federal port to the state gov? Yea thats a pretty big blow to the whole thing. lol just imagine, cross river state not even alowed to use its own sea port. smh.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by EzeUche(m): 2:32am On Jul 01, 2011
The FG is the MAIN problem.

It is very sad, because this region has a lot of potential.

Nigeria is messed up. Sabotaging there own local economy.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Mariory(m): 2:48am On Jul 01, 2011
pleep:

@Mariory you must mean not opening the federal port to the state gov? Yea thats a pretty big blow to the whole thing. lol just imagine, cross river state not even alowed to use its own sea port. smh.

Yeah that's what I was referring to when I said "the Federals killed it". I had such high hopes for Tinapa too. Tinapa could have vastly expanded tourism income for Cross River/Nigeria. *Sigh*
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 2:53am On Jul 01, 2011
EzeUche:

The FG is the MAIN problem.

It is very sad, because this region has a lot of potential.

Nigeria is messed up. Sabotaging there own local economy.

uche please stop commenting on things u are not sure about, because this is ignorance here

@topic

tinapa has been a failed project from the start because of the lack of int airport

now tell me, who would like to land in lagos or abuja and then take a long jonery to calabar just because of tinapa undecided

i know some would be asking why the fg did not build an int airport in calabar then

but really, it is a no brainer to do so

an int airport in calabar is a valuable because how many people from that region travel to usa, malawi, china everyday

look at minna int airport, it is died

tinapa would have been a sucess if it was built in lagos, abuja, ogun,maybe warri and lastly but relutantly port harcount

anywhere apart from this areas is just waste of money, really

i am talking from an ojective point of view
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 2:54am On Jul 01, 2011
Mariory:

Yeah that's what I was referring to when I said "the Federals killed it". I had such high hopes for Tinapa too. Tinapa could have vastly expanded tourism income for Cross River/Nigeria. *Sigh*

the fg did not kill anything

tinapa killed itself
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by EzeUche(m): 2:56am On Jul 01, 2011
Look at this thread derailer above me. angry

He doesn't even know what he is talking about. The man probably has never been East of the River Niger.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 2:57am On Jul 01, 2011
EzeUche:

Look at this thread derailer above me. angry

He doesn't even know what he is talking about. The man probably has never been East of the River Niger.

u make me laugh, please tell me about the precious east

rubbish,
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by alex14(m): 2:58am On Jul 01, 2011
If after all these years (97yrs after 1914 amalgamation) folks are still wondering why projects like this don't work out positively, then I must say good morning to everybody. Has electricity worked? Has good road happened? Has cooruption been reduced to the bearest minimum? Has tribalism, the greatest of all evil hindering the dungeon called nigeria stopped?

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that "one-nigeria" and positive things like tinapa don't mix embarassed. Infact, that is why folks like me have been clamouring for Innonso Motors to set up branches in business friendly countries in Africa.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by EzeUche(m): 3:00am On Jul 01, 2011
The North is the biggest problem for the progressive South.

They will continue to hold us back.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:00am On Jul 01, 2011
just because certain places have license to int airport does not mean it would be a full int airport

so people we have more int airport in nigeria but we only have 2-3 valuable ones in nigeria

the sooner we stop this "something should go to the east or west or north" the sooner we can move forward
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:02am On Jul 01, 2011
alex_101:

If after all these years (97yrs after 1914 amalgamation) folks are still wondering why projects like this don't work out positively, then I must say good morning to everybody. Has electricity worked? Has good road happened? Has cooruption been reduced to the bearest minimum? Has tribalism, the greatest of all evil hindering the dungeon called nigeria stopped?

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that "one-nigeria" and positive things like tinapa don't mix embarassed. Infact, that is why folks like me have been clamouring for Innonso Motors to set up branches in business friendly countries in Africa.  

bros, u are very stu.pid for u statement

why not go to nigeria and buy innoson car and be driving urself, u can not force people to buy a car from a company we do not trust its safety regulation because innonso is a nigeria made company
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:04am On Jul 01, 2011
EzeUche:

The North is the biggest problem for the progressive South.

They will continue to hold us back.

keep blaming the north for everything

or do we have tinapa in the north now,

how many int airport do we have in the north that is valuable to airliners

how many poor northerners would go to tinapa even if it is built in sokoto
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 3:05am On Jul 01, 2011
@ alj harem What does an int airpoint have to do with anything? C-river already has a state airport at it was mentioned by the director of the project that tinnapa is intended for wealthy nigerians, not foreign travelers.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 3:09am On Jul 01, 2011
alj_harem:

why not go to nigeria and buy innoson car and be driving urself, u can not force people to buy a car from a company we do not trust its safety regulation because innonso is a nigeria made company
Innoson is not anymore dangerous than the Indian & chinese cars sold in the country. Keep in mind innosson is just a manufactorer of s- korean technology  lipsrsealed
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:12am On Jul 01, 2011
pleep:

@ alj harem What does an int airpoint have to do with anything? C-river already has a state airport at it was mentioned by the director of the project that tinnapa is intended for wealthy nigerians, not foreign travelers.

Pleep, a state airport is not enough for tourist places tinapa

take a look at countries that have big projects or tourist places, it is always done in there capital or cities with int airport before they can reap the full potential of there investment ( in this case tourism )

france - paris- disney world

england- london - millioum tower, eye of london

etc

you see my friend, int- airport has a lot to do with toruiom and making the best from projects like tinapa

take a look at 6 flags in phladepha usa, it is close to new york and thus they can make money of it

now tell me, is it some one that is in abuja, sokoto, niger, kwara, warri etc that will get a 15000 naira plane to calabar just for tinapa ( which is more or less like a shopping mall)

would u do that when u can go to a near by market

or would u do that after u landed in abuja or lagos
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:16am On Jul 01, 2011
pleep:

Innoson is not anymore dangerous than the Indian & chinese cars sold in the country. Keep in mind innosson is just a manufactorer of s- korean technology  lipsrsealed

i know innoson has a lot of potential and i really wish the governoment and nigerians can invest in this nigeria company

but the reality is that, THERE IS NO HEALTH AND SAFETY officers in nigeria relaible enough to check innoson cars

now, that is where jonathan has to come in to change his fleets of cars to innoson so as to encourage nigerians to patroism them by buying there cars and droping toyota etc

people in nigeria are scared of driving some innoson car, that is the reality
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by alex14(m): 3:16am On Jul 01, 2011
alj_harem:

Thunder fire you for dia! ewu angry. Dum.b boko haramist.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:17am On Jul 01, 2011
alex_101:

Thunder fire you for dia! ewu angry. Dum.b boko haramist.

so u see no reason in the post u quoted
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Mariory(m): 3:19am On Jul 01, 2011
alj_harem:

Pleep, a state airport is not enough for tourist places tinapa

take a look at countries that have big projects or tourist places, it is always done in there capital or cities with int airport before they can reap the full potential of there investment ( in this case tourism )

france - paris- disney world

england- london - millioum tower, eye of london

etc

you see my friend, int- airport has a lot to do with toruiom and making the best from projects like tinapa

take a look at 6 flags in phladepha usa, it is close to new york and thus they can make money of it

now tell me, is it some one that is in abuja, sokoto, niger, kwara, warri etc that will get a 15000 naira plane to calabar just for tinapa ( which is more or less like a shopping mall)

would u do that when u can go to a near by market

or would u do that after u landed in abuja or lagos

And what about Port-Harcourt airport? What do you have to say to that?
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:23am On Jul 01, 2011
if tinapa is to work in calabar, the fg needs to buld an international airport so people from all walks of life be it nigerians or not can go visit the place

if innoson cars is to leave the york of a few million every year, they need to do something to convince nigerians why we should drop our honda and toyota and go for innoson cars

talk a look at globacom, before its arrival, we had mtn(south african company)

globacom reduced the tariff of its calls so as to competite with mtn

globacom frist introduced black berry to nigeria

etc

things like this will uncauously move nigerian towards globacom which now is an africa gaint in telecom
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Mariory(m): 3:27am On Jul 01, 2011
Seriously alj_harem, what are you blabbing about? Of what use is another Federal airport going to be when the Federal seaport is off limits to the businesses that will bring in the people for shopping.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 3:31am On Jul 01, 2011
Mariory:

And what about Port-Harcourt airport? What do you have to say to that?

port harcount airport are one of the airports i am saying they are not valuable

we have int airports in the country like amiun kano airport

minna airport

port harcount airport

all this are international airports and have licensed international fight but if u are BA , would u go to such airport knowing full well that it is not everytime ur plan would be full thus u are losing and that is why i said they are not valuable

we have 2 most valuable airports in  nigeria which are the nnamdi int airport in abuja and the muritala airport in lagos

now outside this 2 int airport, it is a no brainer to leave this 2 and go for less valuable ones

port harount airport is mostly used by oil companies and even thos one "usually" use private jets or helicopter to transport there staffs a from lagos or abuja

and that is why u do not see even eastern busniess men flying stright to port haroucnt

they always past throught lagos or abuja and then take a local plane to the east and same goes for calabar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does One Start A Beer Distribution Business / How To Open A Bank Account In Nigeria / Have You Heard About Sport Trading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.