Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 (23392 Views)

Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by etokhana: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, disclosed that he refused to make former Lagos State Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu his running mate in 2007 because of his preference for the South East.

At a meeting with members of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja, Atiku made it clear that when he defected to Tinubu’s then Action Congress (AC) in 2006, he was given some conditions before he got the presidential ticket for the 2007 election. According to him, the topmost was to pick Tinubu as running mate.

Atiku said he rejected the request and picked Senator Ben Obi from Anambra State because of his belief in the South East.

In his words, “When I joined the Action Congress (AC), which my friend, Bola, set up, he gave me a set of conditions for giving me the ticket. He said that I should make him vice president. I said no, I am not going to make you vice president; instead I took Ben Obi.”

“When I got the ticket again to run under the PDP, I took another Obi (Peter Obi) coincidentally. So, there is absolutely no reason why they should say that there is a deliberate attempt to exclude the South East in political participation or power sharing.”
https://guardian.ng/politics/why-i-didnt-pick-tinubu-as-running-mate-in-2007-by-atiku/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1647402091

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Otuegbe: 8:50am On Mar 16, 2022
We will stand by you.
Atiku for 2023

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by SarkinYarki: 8:53am On Mar 16, 2022
You can see Tinubu has been pushing this Muslim/Muslim ticket for a long time now

96 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Parachoko: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2022
SarkinYarki:
You can see Tinubu has been pushing this Muslim/Muslim ticket for a long time now
Only a stupid politician will think a Muslim/Muslim ticket will work at the national level.

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2022
Now both igbos and Fulani are in PDP, they should pick themselves. Tinubu really suffer o, good will bless him with presidency in 2023

109 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 16, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Tinubu has a Christian wife, where is Peter Obi Muslim wife?

The igbo elders know their best bet is a Fulani, an igbo man president is impossible.

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Maxymilliano(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2022
Atiku is right though, from Senator Ben Obi to Governor Peter Obi, his preference for SE candidates as deputy was never in doubt

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Truthisunique3: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Atiku, Buhari have sense more than him

They see what the leprous fool can't see even as superior Muslims

Those saying he gave atiku platform, it is obvious he had deal with atiku to get percentage from Nigeria revenue as usual

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Truthisunique3: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2022
SlyDev:

The igbo elders know their best bet is a Fulani, an igbo man president is impossible.
is the office of his wife an elective position in constitution

He has Christian wife cos Yoruba Muslim women are plagues Yoruba Muslim men run from

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ovieigho(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2022
Watch Tinubu’s image makers write a rejoinder on this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by abobote: 9:45am On Mar 16, 2022
The same reason Buhari didn't pick him in 2015

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Eriokanmi: 9:45am On Mar 16, 2022
Go and retire. We're not interested in the why!

You guys are so shameless, you and same tinubu. Agbaaya ni gbogbo yin. Until Nigerian politicians are disgraced, they won't maintain their lane.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by datola: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Tinubu this. Tinubu that...

Tinubu should have learnt that Nigeria is not made of only Yorubas who don't really care about religion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Honor10: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2022
This ibo god is senseless, Tinubu is way bigger than you now.

Tinubu has more influence, command more people, has more loyalist than you at the moment.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by maxim50580: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2022
Wahala

1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Skillsnigeria: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Afokesco(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2022
it's alright

when will all these old men stop ruling

us?
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Mooh247: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2022
cool

You didn't pick him as a Vice President in the Party he formed even after agreeing to his terms, you picked an Ibo man, yet Tinubu stood by you and spent his money on you and your Ibo Vice without sentiment

Again in 2014, Buhari agreed to a Tinubu Vice Presidency to get Tinubu's financial and political support, Buhari picked Pastor Osinbajo instead, yet Tinubu spent his money inside Bullion. Van to make them President and Vice twice, without hate, envy or sentiment

When they need help they know Tinubu's house, give them what they want and they turn motivational speaker giving us lecture on ethnicity and religion

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by oluwaseyi0: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2022
This Atiku seems more dunce than Buhari sef

he's just playing with the head of the East

you didn't pick Tibunu grin grin grin

Tinubu gave you a platform to run after you are bouted out of PDP, Tinubu seems not interested in being anybody vice

Up till now with all your cross-carpeting you still have no platform you can boost of help nurturing/building all you do every 4 years is jump onto the next available platform, I'm sure if APC promise him ticket today he will jump PDP ship again, no wonder he abandoned PDP for Dubai for the last election

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Atiku should go n rest joor

5 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Iceberg3: 9:50am On Mar 16, 2022
This guy is a northern pawn. His goal and aim to to blackmail the east and the entire south

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ntyce(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2022
According to Atiku, Igbos are only good for number 2 slot.

He never said religion was the basis for not choosing Tinubu

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by lexyclasy: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2022
SlyDev:

Is it a Muslim wife that will lead or the President.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by francotunsco: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2022
ovieigho:
Watch Tinubu’s image makers write a rejoinder on this
Dont you think his (Atiku) faulty choice of deputy has been partly responsible for his failures at the polls?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by iReddington: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2022
Atiku should continue his bromance with the Igbos.
Asiwaju has moved further and even now has a better chance to be the President than Atiku with his preference for Igbo.
Chaii...Igbos na handicap for National Politics oo. No level at all.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by DSC7: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2022
Make we disgrace all this old blood during campaign Abegggggg....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celebration As Geometric Aba IPP Turns On 3rd Turbine / DSS Charges Ex-NSA Dasuki To Court / They Are Playing Politics With People's Lives - Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.