Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Life As A Benue Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life As A Benue Corper (3759 Views)

Benue Corper, Iyanuoluwa Moyinoluwa Gifted With 80 Tubers Of Yam In Pila / 24-Year-Old Female Benue Corper Buried In Rivers State (Photos) / Burial Poster Of 24-Year-Old Benue Corper From Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
This thread is officially over. I no fit for trouble. Thank you for engaging.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
I no fit for trouble abeg
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by shamsin6300(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
Congrat
Enjoy your alawee.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by shamsin6300(m): 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ubiee:
If you were to redeploy from Benue, which state would you want to go and why?

You can go for Nasarawa State
Lafia precisely.

From Lafia to Benue State is not far, roughly an hour.

I choose Lafia because there's no issue of Insecurity and things are relatively cheap.

Although, the price of foodstuff has increased everywhere but is still manageable.

The price for Keke or bike is very ok.
And lastly, rent is affordable cheap here unless you wan show armpit that you have money lols.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
Thank you�
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2022
shamsin6300:
Congrat
Enjoy your alawee.

I will.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
[quote author=shamsin6300 post=111096042]

Lafia precisely.

I choose Lafia because there's no issue of Insecurity and things are relatively cheap.

Although, the price of foodstuff has increased everywhere but is still manageable.

And lastly, rent is affordable cheap here unless you wan show armpit that you have money lols.

Byeee
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Olayetan(m): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ubiee:
I've been posted to Benue State for my service. I don't know if I should be worried considering the insecurity or happy because of food?

Abeg how is the place? Are there business opportunities for core members? What likely business can core members do because I learnt the state doesn't pay any allowance. Is there free lodge? If you're a serving corper there, pls share your experience.

Abeg make una engage my post. Thank you ☺️

Been posted to benue as well, I'm freaking scared whether to go or defer it again, I've made enquiry on transportation from lagos to benue n it turns out there are only 2 transport companies going there, one in iyana ipaja and the other in Iddo market.

Where are you going from?
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 5:39am On Mar 17, 2022
Olayetan:

Been posted to benue as well, I'm freaking scared whether to go or defer it again, I've made enquiry on transportation from lagos to benue n it turns out there are only 2 transport companies going there, one in iyana ipaja and the other in Iddo market.

Where are you going from?

I'm going from Akwa Ibom. Even over here, I think it's just one that goes that way. When are you to report?
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by YourFavorite21(m): 5:58am On Mar 17, 2022
Ubiee:
I've been posted to Benue State for my service. I don't know if I should be worried considering the insecurity or happy because of food?

Abeg how is the place? Are there business opportunities for core members? What likely business can core members do because I learnt the state doesn't pay any allowance. Is there free lodge? If you're a serving corper there, pls share your experience.

Abeg make una engage my post. Thank you ☺️
you can start foodstuff business, especially Yam
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Meksbig(m): 7:56am On Mar 17, 2022
I served in Benue state last year and I can say that the insecurity is a bit exaggerated in the media. There are known hotspots and NYSC won't post corp members to those places.

Accomodations are usually provided by your PPA and different local governments have corpers' lodges as well as family houses where corp members stay throughout their service year.

The 'food is cheap' is for rural areas where the food is produced. In bigger towns like Gboko and Makurdi, the food isn't so very cheap like that.

Your PPA is obligated to pay a stipend and provide accomodation. You can Japa from any PPA if they don't pay you.

There are business opportunities if you are business savvy and determined. Some corpers waybill yams and oranges to the south, some start up evening relaxation spots and in bigger towns, some offer tutorial for school children. I served with a corper who had a phone repair shop in the town. Please note that the state is poor. The spending power of the indigenes is not really high.

You can choose to relocate to a preferred state but they will usually send you to a state near your preferred state. Relocations is usually 50/50 unless you get very sure plug or very bad ailment.

4 Likes

Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
YourFavorite21:
you can start foodstuff business, especially Yam

I've thought about it this. Thank you
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by shamsin6300(m): 6:45am On Mar 18, 2022
Ubiee:

Omoo, the thought of a northern state generally is scaring me. I appreciate the response.

Ok then
If you said so.
But on a serious note, I see nothing wrong with the aforementioned.

The place is secure, you don't need to fear.
Anyway, do whatever that suit you.
Success ahead.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Olayetan(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ubiee,
Have you reported to camp?
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ifyriz(f): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2022
I studied in Benue state and I will tell you that is one of the coolest and cheapest state to be.

Do you want to make extra income while serving? Dm and I will tell you all that you needs to know and mentor you until you make your first sales WhatsApp me on +5511949692812[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by badspirit: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
shamsin6300:

Lafia precisely.

Boss... I relocated to Nassarawa and will like to choose PPA myself. How can I do that without a request letter?
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by shamsin6300(m): 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
badspirit:

Boss... I relocated to Nassarawa and will like to choose PPA myself. How can I do that without a request letter?

I don't have idea Sir.
Don't have much knowledge about this NYSC stuff.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 12:28am On Mar 20, 2022
Olayetan:
Ubiee,
Have you reported to camp?

Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=Olayetan post=111155200]Ubiee,
Have you reported to camp?[/quote

Not yet
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Meksbig:
I served in Benue state last year and I can say that the insecurity is a bit exaggerated in the media. There are known hotspots and NYSC won't post corp members to those places.

Accomodations are usually provided by your PPA and different local governments have corpers' lodges as well as family houses where corp members stay throughout their service year.

The 'food is cheap' is for rural areas where the food is produced. In bigger towns like Gboko and Makurdi, the food isn't so very cheap like that.

Your PPA is obligated to pay a stipend and provide accomodation. You can Japa from any PPA if they don't pay you.

There are business opportunities if you are business savvy and determined. Some corpers waybill yams and oranges to the south, some start up evening relaxation spots and in bigger towns, some offer tutorial for school children. I served with a corper who had a phone repair shop in the town. Please note that the state is poor. The spending power of the indigenes is not really high.

You can choose to relocate to a preferred state but they will usually send you to a state near your preferred state. Relocations is usually 50/50 unless you get very sure plug or very bad ailment.

This is so explicit. Thank you.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 5:38am On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 5:46am On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 5:55am On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 6:04am On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 6:10am On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Olayetan(m): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
I couldn't report cux I don't want to risk traveling by road from lagos to benue and aviation aren't operational, I've decided to wait for next batch and runs it to ogun state.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Ubiee(f): 5:25am On Mar 22, 2022
Olayetan:
I couldn't report cux I don't want to risk traveling by road from lagos to benue and aviation aren't operational, I've decided to wait for next batch and runs it to ogun state.

Good luck to you.
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by Olayetan(m): 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
Ubiee:
I no fit for trouble abeg

You no fit for trouble as how, I thought you intend to update your activities which I was already interested in to pick some lessons, what happened all of a sudden?
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by DIAMANTE1759: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2022
currently serving in benue been here for 8 months now n it's been going smoothly u can reach out to me for any info....07067723295
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by BigBlackPreek(m): 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
DIAMANTE1759:
currently serving in benue
been here for 8 months now n it's been going smoothly
u can reach out to me for any info....07067723295
boss...I'm been posted to Benue state, will be going to camp on the 25th...how is life in Benue like?
Re: Life As A Benue Corper by DIAMANTE1759: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
boss...I'm been posted to Benue state, will be going to camp on the 25th...how is life in Benue like?
congrats bro... benue is a nice place to serve. I served in gboko and I didn't regret it till I left....I still miss the place till date n the people there

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIM June 2012 Result Is Out! / Absenteeism From NYSC Headcount / Can Someone Above 30 Years Still Work Out NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.