Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Difference Between PGDE And PDE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between PGDE And PDE (3154 Views)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Spot The Difference Ganduje Vs Kwankwaso Bridge In Kano. / JOHESU Strike: Saraki’s Intervention Made The Difference – JOHESU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by Kelvin125(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
I will like to know the difference between PGDE and PDE. Post Graduate Diploma in Education PGDE is run by universities while Professional Diploma in Education PDE is mostly run in colleges of Education.
Please what is the difference between the two programs
Can someone who has PDE run his masters in education?
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kelvin125:
I will like to know the difference between PGDE and PDE. Post Graduate Diploma in Education PGDE is run by universities while Professional Diploma in Education PDE is mostly run in colleges of Education.
Please what is the difference between the two programs
Can someone who has PDE run his masters in education?

PDE is a terminal degree... instead go and do a PGDE
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by Kelvin125(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
sultan003:

PDE is a terminal degree... instead go and do a PGDE
Please can you explain what a terminal degree mean
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kelvin125:

Please can you explain what a terminal degree mean

PDE is not recognised as a postgraduate programme, NUC does not recognise it.
You cannot use it to acquire a masters degree. Colleges of Education running it are just using it to make money. It is better you go for a PGDE if you have aspirations to further.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by Kelvin125(m): 5:30am On Mar 18, 2022
sultan003:

You cannot use it to acquire a masters degree. Colleges of Education running it are just using it to make money. It is better you go for a PGDE if you have aspirations to further.
Alright thank you very much
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by soloehis(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
sultan003:

that is not true..PDE is acceptable in all universities in Nigeria to for master degree in Education. Its same as PGDE.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Higher National Diploma(HND) from any recognize Higher Institution of learning.
Bachelor of Art/Science(B.A/B.Sc or equivalent)
Master of Art/Science(M.A/M.sc or equivalent)
Ph. D holders without previous requisite professional training in Education are also eligible to run the PDE programme.
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by Hartway: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2022
soloehis:
that is not true..PDE is acceptable in all universities in Nigeria to for master degree in Education. Its same as PGDE.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Ph. D holders without previous requisite professional training in Education are also eligible to run the PDE programme.

You don't understand sh**t.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by soloehis(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hartway:

You don't understand sh**t.
then make me understand..its a post graduate program ..the admission requirement says it all. Beside that it is also acceptable in all universities in Nigeria for master degree program.. my wife just finished her masters in education with it. Verify your claims don't just argue ignorantly
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
soloehis:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT

Please which university in Nigeria accepts professional diploma in education for masters admission?

PDE cannot replace PGDE, PDE is not an approved postgraduate programme by NUC...

Not sure you read the admission requirements you posted
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by soloehis(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2022
sultan003:

Please which university in Nigeria accepts professional diploma in education for masters admission?

PDE cannot replace PGDE, PDE is not an approved postgraduate programme by NUC...

Not sure you read the admission requirements you posted
the admission requirement posted here is entry requirements
for Admission to run either PGD/PGDE program..an NCE holder is not qualified to run PDE PROGRAMME ..PDE is acceptable for masters in Education by all Nigerian Universities. I have numerous friends who used it for their master degree program ..my wife inclusive.do small research and u will know the truth..Ambrose Ali University,University of Uyo.. accept it,but for only masters in Education
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2022
soloehis:
for Admission to run either PGD/PGDE program..an NCE holder is not qualified to run PDE PROGRAMME ..PDE is acceptable for masters in Education by all Nigerian Universities. I have numerous friends who used it for their master degree program ..my wife inclusive.do small research and u will know the truth..Ambrose Ali University,University of Uyo.. accept it,but for only masters in Education

Attached is the requirements for uyo

Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by Okoroawusa: 9:25am On Nov 20, 2022
soloehis:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Are you sure you understand the topic of discussion?
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2022
soloehis:

Attached is the requirement for ambrose alli university...

I did not see where a professional diploma in education is listed as a requirement..

If otherwise please kindly show me

Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2022
soloehis:
then make me understand..its a post graduate program ..the admission requirement says it all. Beside that it is also acceptable in all universities in Nigeria for master degree program.. my wife just finished her masters in education with it. Verify your claims don't just argue ignorantly

Your wife used a professional diploma in education and not a postgraduate diploma in education to gain admissions for masters?

Even NTI does not offer PDE but PGDE in affiliation with approved universities, with the pgde one can use it for masters admission
Re: The Difference Between PGDE And PDE by sultan003(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2022
soloehis:

Read this again...

The topic of discussion is professional diploma in education (PDE) not postgraduate diploma in education (PGDE/PGD)

one is approved by NUC the other is just a money making venture

(1) (Reply)

Husband And Wife Kidnapped By IPOB And ESN Has Been Killed - PHOTOS / They Said They Want A Better NIGERIA But Hate This..... What Do We Call Them / CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.