Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus (13360 Views)

Jonathan in Italy Today as APC screens Presidential Candidates / Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / INEC Decides On Bauchi, Kano, Rivers, Sokoto, Others Today: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Nemere2020: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2022
The All Progressives Congress will today screen aspirants vying for the position of its national chairman and others at its national headquarters in Abuja.

The aspirants visited the party headquarters on Friday to submit their nomination forms. They also stated that no one had told them about any arrangement for a consensus candidate and so they would all be testing their strengths at the Eagle Square next Saturday.

The Senator representing Niger East Senatorial District, Sani Musa, confirmed that he remained in the race because no one, including the party’s leadership, notified him of any consensus arrangement.

The lawmaker disclosed this while fielding questions from journalists at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja shortly after he submitted his nomination form ahead of the March 26 national convention.

Saturday PUNCH observed that Musa was not the only aspirant who visited Buhari House. Other national chairmanship aspirants who returned their nomination forms include a former governor of Nasarawa State, Tanko Al-Makura, former governor of Benue State, George Akume, another former governor of Nasarawa State, Abdullahi Adamu, Saliu Mustapha and Mohammed Etsu.

Two aspirants vying for the office of National Deputy Chairman (North), Sunny Moniedafe and Abubakar Girer as well as a Women Leader hopeful, Mary Eta, also returned their forms.

Others who have purchased forms include former Governor Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa State and a former Governor of Zamfara State, Abdul’Aziz Yari.

Asked why he was in the race despite earlier reports that the party would adopt consensus to choose a new chairman, Musa said, “Why did the party sell forms to us? You (APC) sold forms to us. And as far as I’m concerned, there’s never been anybody that officially contacted me or any other aspirants. Nobody! And the spokesperson for Mr President, Femi Adesina, had said that there is no endorsement.

“So, we want a vibrant leadership. We want leadership that will change the status quo. I want the endorsement of 43 million APC members. That is what I need. The APC needs a leader that will be able to build concessions between all dividing organs.

“That is what I’m bringing to APC. And APC will not be dependent on anybody to fund it. With the number of 43 million members, we have no business going cap in hand to beg anybody for money. That is what I’m bringing to APC.”

Al-Makura who stormed the party’s national secretariat in a boisterous procession comprising women and several People with Disabilities noted that he would ensure full representation in the party. He also noted that though 70, he remains a youth at heart.

He said “My motivation is for national unity and cohesion. What I am going to do is to fast track or preside over this process, because there’ll be no government if there is no party, a formidable party.”

On consensus, the chairmanship hopeful said “The best option is that which allows franchise and permission for everyone to participate in the exercise. I will support an open-door policy, internal party democracy with the full participation of members so that they will have a sense of belonging and determine the fate and direction of the party.”

Moniedafe told journalists that he is in the race to “balance” the equation of the party in terms of religious representation.

He noted that “I am coming as Deputy National chairman to balance the religious agenda because all over Nigeria, people see the APC as a Muslim party. I am a Christian, a pastor in my church. I stepped down, obeyed my party and came to balance the equation of Muslims and Christians in Nigeria.

“I’ve planned for this thing, I have what it takes and I’m confident that when we get there, we’ll start things working right. This party deserves more than we’re getting right now, with due respect.”

On his part, Saliu Mustapha said his chairmanship would ensure the actualisation of the global sustainability goals, especially inclusion.

“This is not about title, but it is about coming to add value, serving the party and moving the party forward and to meet up with the millennium and global challenges of advanced politics. That is why for us in this team, we want to come and do Progressive and smart politics and proactive politics. We want to add value in many areas.”

In a related development, a group of APC youths Friday in Abuja purchased a nomination form for the party’s spokesperson, Ismaeel Ahmed, who is vying for the office of National Organising Secretary.

The gesture came as a birthday gift to the aspirant who has served as a youth representative in the Buni-led Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee.

The CECPC chairman had on Thursday endorsed the arrangement that zoned the office of National Organising Secretary to the North-West where Ahmed comes from.

Meanwhile, a former Director-General of the Progressive Governors Forum, Salihu Lukman, has decried a plot to foist leaders from the defunct Congress for Progressive Change on the party.

This is as he warned that such a move could spell doom for the governing party.

In a statement he signed on Friday in Abuja, titled ‘Consensus vs Open Contest in APC’, Lukman cautioned political associates against undermining the authority of the President who is the leader of the party.

He said part of the sentiment deployed by the London lobby team of Abubakar Malami, Hadi Sirika, Adamu Adamu and Farouk Aliyu was to ensure that the old Congress for Progressives Change leaders “is not ‘marginalised’ in the new APC leadership to emerge from the March 26 National Convention.”

Lukman accused the group of desperately “pushing the President to anoint people like Aliyu as consensus candidates, these ‘CPC lobbyists’ have inadvertently created situations whereby there is the strong likelihood for an open contest in APC during the March 26 National Convention.

Omisore picks national secretary form

Meanwhile, a former Deputy Governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has indicated interest to contest for the post of the National Secretary of the party.

Confirming the development in a chat with Saturday PUNCH, Commissioner for Political Affairs and Intergovernmental Relations, Taiwo Akeju, said Governor Adegboyega Oyetola and other stakeholders of the ruling party in Osun state were in support of Omisore’s ambition.

A statement titled ‘New era, as Senator Iyiola Omisore submits his nomination form for the national secretary of All Progressives Congress,’ personally signed by Omisore, obtained in Osogbo, said the ex-federal parliamentarian would ensure transparent and inclusive party administration if elected.

Commenting further, Akeju, who is an associate of Omisore said the two-term Senator who represented Osun East in the Senate had picked a form to contest for the post.

He said, “Governor Oyetola is supporting him (Omisore) and other party stakeholders are also in support of this project. He has picked the form.”

https://punchng.com/apc-screens-al-makura-yari-adamu-others-today-aspirants-dump-consensus/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1647677770
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by qekng40(f): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2022
Wailers APC is not for the weak! grin

Una go hear am wotowoto for una body.

FTC after one jealous moderator banned me for 1 week, I follow ban my self for some days before returning.

1 Like

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Mooh247: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2022
It's not yet 2023 and everyone is already calling Buhari and Malami's bluffs

15 Likes

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Nonpartisan1: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2022
Open contest is the best for the APC to avoid implosion. Let everyone who is qualified come out and test his or her strength. The same goes for the Presidential Primaries.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Ahmed0336(m): 11:48am On Mar 19, 2022
Very good
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Laggafin: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
E don Red... March 26 abeg load quick

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
na dat omisore angle surprise me but hin dey ad from d start shah grin
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by BESTScientist1: 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
For your project, seminar write ups, online science classes(Maths, F/Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics related classes)....call Easy on 09050937865 or mail bestacademy.easy@gmail.com
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Lovenorth: 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
K
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by letitrainnow(m): 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
Screen exercise
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Sammy07: 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
All is well.
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by nedubrazil111(m): 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
This shameless politicians should be convicts in a saner country. The loot our country dry and still cling and re- contest to get immunity. They invest abroad, seek medical treatment abroad, send their children to school abroad and vacation abroad. And still has the audacity to bring their children to rule.

1 Like

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by ATEAMS: 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
Oyyana
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by famology(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mooh247:

I knew it was going to come to this point. Everybody now knows that people are using Buhari to achieve personal gains so nobody wants to hear pim this time around. Everybody to the field.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by famology(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Open contest is the best for the APC to avoid implosion. Let everyone who is qualified come out and test his or her strength. The same goes for the Presidential Primaries.

It's better that way. Let the process be transparent and credible. It's victory for internal democracy.

4 Likes

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by M1Garand(m): 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nice one. Nothing like consensus. Dem go still chop Buhari eye for APC. Let's watch and see.

5 Likes

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Oluwatobike: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
We are observing. 26th March were are thou?
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Forest122: 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
Good, am okay anything to make tinubu for APC aspirant

1 Like

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by phkka1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
This is the time.
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Nonpartisan1: 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
famology:

I knew it was going to come to this point. Everybody now knows that people are using Buhari to achieve personal gains so nobody wants to hear pim this time around. Everybody to the field.

If you had studied Buhari, you would understand, he doesn't always support sides during APC internal elections.

If not that Gbaja and Lawan worked hard on their own during the NASS leadership election, they would lost those positions. Because Buhari didnt even send any of them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by blamingthedevil: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
Buhari will never take sides....OYO. To your tent oh Israel

16 Likes

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by honestivo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
March 26 is sure bet for convention
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by jaxxy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
Take form at ur own risk. Consecus candidate loading. grin
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by BlazinGlory40: 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
M1Garand:
Nice one. Nothing like consensus. Dem go still chop Buhari eye for APC. Let's watch and see.

When buhari adopted Oshiomhole as consensus chair why didn’t you say this?
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ok. Noted.
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by famology(m): 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

If you had studied Buhari, you would understand, he doesn't always support sides during APC internal elections.

If not that Gbaja and Lawan worked hard on their own during the NASS leadership election, they would lost those positions. Because Buhari didnt even send any of them.

The lazy name droppers have always been the problem. They don't want to work.

2 Likes

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by IamNat: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2022
This is what democracy should be about, but some people who refer to themselves as saints and who wants APC to spoil will support consensus.

APC is for all and sundry, not for governors or a particular person.

1 Like

Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
Na free fight for the convention Las las
Re: APC Screens Al-makura, Yari, Adamu, Others Today, Aspirants Dump Consensus by Terrence99: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mooh247:

Who is Malami if not that Buhari is an incompetent leader?
Malami that has never won any election in his life.

If Malami and those who are pushing him do anyhow at the party convention, they will be taught a bitter lesson instantly.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel Excited To Work With President-elect Tinubu: Ambassador / Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny / Buhari Hails Super Falcons For Winning AWCON 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.