Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview (42008 Views)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / My Boss Fined Me 10k For An Assignment On Sunday / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Islie: 12:00am On Mar 20, 2022
UK-based Nigerian lawyer fined £45,000 for making erotic remark at female interviewee

Victor Nwosu

A Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal panel has fined a United Kingdom-based Nigerian lawyer, Victor Nwosu, almost £45,000 for making erotic remarks at a female interview candidate.

The 48-year-old Nwosu, said to head of a law firm, was quoted as telling the 22-year-old female candidate ‘mmm, I like what I see’ during the interview.

The victim told Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal that Nwosu informed her that “I only employ beautiful women” and asked whether she had a boyfriend, according to Metro UK report

The candidate, who has a first-class degree and a masters, had applied to be a paralegal but was left sobbing after the traumatic interview.

According to her, Nwosu undressed me with his eyes and I felt like a piece of meat.

“He said I was very, very beautiful. He told me that I have to wear skirts when I come into work, he doesn’t like it when women wear trousers,”
she said while narrating the incident to her friends.

The woman, however, rejected his offer of a job at DCK Solicitors in north London and reported him to prevent other women from being in a ‘similar position’.

She told the tribunal: ‘The interview was quite traumatic for me, it was the first paralegal role that I had ever applied for.

‘I felt so violated as he was in a position of power as I was in an interview… I went home and cried.

‘I felt that I could not go into the profession, I built up my hopes of what it would be like and it was crushing. I was not going to make a complaint as I thought he was in a position of power and no one would believe me.

‘I was so horrified by how he behaved I felt I would be trading in my dignity to work there.’

Nwosu, who denied all the allegations, said he was happily married and called the case ‘female activism gone wrong’.

He added: “She has the power, that’s why I am here [because] she’s applied overt activism [and] I am the victim.

“She’s embarrassed me and brought me here, she has the power.”

He said it would be ‘rude’ for the tribunal to believe the woman over him, ‘a solicitor of the Supreme Court’.

But the panel found his remarks had ‘sexual connotations’.

The SDT fined Nwosu £20,000 for his conduct and ordered him to pay £23,550 costs.

https://punchng.com/uk-based-nigerian-lawyer-fined-45000-for-making-erotic-remark-at-female-interviewee/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Nukilia: 12:32am On Mar 20, 2022
His fellow men get away with a lot of trash here in Nigeria.

258 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by yanabasee(m): 1:06am On Mar 20, 2022
His village people dialing his number....

Leaving this country and going over there to misbehave... He should be deported back to Nigeria, let him queue up and buy fuel and also struggle with Abia dirty mud and Lagos traffic....

167 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by ValCon888: 4:43am On Mar 20, 2022
If he was in Nigeria, many law firms will blacklist that girl from practicing.

He will use his power to subvert justice and she won't even have the courage to report.

Many women secretly suffer sexual abuse because of lack of employment.

334 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by illicit(m): 6:46am On Mar 20, 2022
Mumu man

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by BigDawsNet: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2022
angry

It's a women world here in western countries

Make this people they borrow sense small small...

Just use eyes UnCloth a strange lady in the park alone can land you in police net for further questioning...

Lesson for u guys wey get PhD in flirting
Wen u relocate... try be a gentleman before you say anything to the other stranger gender...

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by chukwuibuipob: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2022
grin grin sad grin cheesy smiley grin wink grin Fl@theadPIGs and pusi lipsrsealed.Even KANU kal them IDIOTS, PIGs.Is this VICTOR NWOSU not a confam PIG sad? Spit sad

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Profayo: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2022
There is no tolerance for such in the UK
The likes of Yomi Fabiyi and Baba Ijesha would have been in jail by now if they were in a sane country.
Nigeria is still very backwards interms of human rights

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:41am On Mar 20, 2022
Na Nigerian language, you fit say am na

4 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by pocohantas(f): 8:41am On Mar 20, 2022
When you tell them to change, they will be arguing with you. That is how they will carry their bad characters and enter abroad. When hand touch them, they scream racism and feminism.

You think it is Nigeria where people would ask what she was wearing or tell you how small girls love big gbola?

33bandit:
Yankee women would ruin your life tbh ..avoid those creatures angry angry grin

Which yankee women would ruin life? I thought they are better and more kindhearted than evil black/Nigerian women? They love Nigerian men and rush you guys straight from the airport.

There is no way on earth she is lying or out to destroy him. Foreign women do not behave that way. They love Nigerian men.

112 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 20, 2022
Nigerian men always carrying their Naija mentality abroad.

In the West, they will cancel you & you won't be able to retain any job ever again.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by wallay77(m): 8:41am On Mar 20, 2022
Nawa oo...oyinbo self....to admire what u see na crime...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Zchi1052(m): 8:41am On Mar 20, 2022
War
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by nony43(m): 8:42am On Mar 20, 2022
N

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by JustPowerApps(m): 8:42am On Mar 20, 2022
Stupidity begins at home grin Did think you are in Nigeria? Nuisance undecided

18 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by GloriousGbola: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Dude should just relocate to naija. Na 'perk' of office.
Come here fine girl. Let me give you valuable experience on these

9 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
He deserves it. Many of them get away with their crimes here in Nigeria. angry

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Lattop1(m): 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
I love the Judgment cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Gentledizzle: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
I believe this real blackmail.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by toffyz(m): 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
This obodo Oyinbo nawa oh

You can even say more than this in 9ja and nothing will happen.In fact the lady would be glad about it.

Your interviewer dey tell you he likes what he's seeing. You don see job be that na. Majority of 9ja ladies go take up the job shaaaaaaani.

Dem go happy go house sef, telling their friends her new boss likes her.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by DropsMic(m): 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by 7Randall: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Nigerian men. Embarrassing us Home and Abroad. Smh A man who can control his sexual urge is powerful

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Shocking that it takes a woman to make verbal allegations to get such a huge amount in favor for judgment.

As in, there was no evidence. Just her words.

Shocking judgment because no one actually knows the truth.

She just got the verdict based on female activism support.

Finito.

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by RichDad1(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Usual suspects. Perhaps dude thing he’s at Yaba where they harass women at will.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by ModeEbo(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
When your mouth no fit stay 1 place u go face kasala tire

5 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Lovenorth: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Ipob terrorists how market? I don't know why people from the AfghaEstan side always see women lustfully grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by nony43(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
funshint:
Hmmn stupid Nigerians abi na Igbos... they'll always carry their stupidity overseas!

Tell me what any crime your region has never done before. Stupid people Seun gathered together in Nairaland.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by sharpshap(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Serves him right and left

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gtbank 2013 CV Submission / Massive Crowd At Nairabet Recruitment Center Agungi Lekki / Forte Oil Plc Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.