Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56868 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 6:32pm On May 22, 2023
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

911 Likes 66 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by mymadam(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.
ES

QED. No more, no less 👍🏽

303 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Absuchat(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Or11: 6:41pm On May 22, 2023
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

179 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 6:41pm On May 22, 2023
mymadam:

QED. No more, no less 👍🏽
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 6:42pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
I warned her after her interview lateness. I told her it was a big red flag, and she told me it won't happen again.

261 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by yomi007k(m): 6:48pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

She also cant try all she did in a developed world. They would have sacked her.

What type of warning do you give someone living 15mins away and resuming after 2 hours?

613 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by superCleanworks(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am,
Someone forgot to remind her that the office is not her village farm where she can arrive late and sleep how and when she likes.

when such people finally get bored with the job, they start to forment trouble and work your staff against each other. they would be the first to tell outsiders that you guys are not serious in that office plus all kind of negative stuff.

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by We4all: 7:22pm On May 22, 2023
She knew the work wasn't a serious one and did all that on purpose because she wanted to get sacked.

I once grudgingly went for an interview and was asked to sell myself. I bluntly told the interviewer that I had nothing to say.

If the person that recommended me had insisted and I had gotten the job, I could have acted like the lady in question just to get sacked.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 7:37pm On May 22, 2023
We4all:
She knew the work wasn't a serious one and did all that on purpose because she wanted to get sacked.

I once grudgingly went for an interview and was asked to sell myself. I bluntly told the interviewer that I had nothing to say.

If the person that recommended me had insisted and I had gotten the job, I could have acted like the lady in question just to get sacked.

Well, when I warned her the second day, she started forming sad. I knew she needed the job because she tried so much to sell herself

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 7:37pm On May 22, 2023
Ever8090:
...she didn't come for office work but this type of work..
Well she failed

15 Likes 3 Shares

superCleanworks:

Someone forgot to remind her that the office is not her village farm where she can arrive late and sleep how and when she likes.

when such people finally get bored with the job, they start to forment trouble and work your staffers against each other. they would be the first to tell outsiders that you guys are not serious in that office plus all kind of negative stuff.
Absolutely right.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by slawomir: 7:39pm On May 22, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by victorazy(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2023
Ok
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2023
Hope u pay her for dat one week if not u are owing her oo

18 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by nikkijohn97(m): 7:40pm On May 22, 2023
She's not serious. Me wey dey find work like this. As a graduate it's not easy

Please I am React Developer and I'm looking for a job please help me. Any personal project or recommending for a job I will forever be grateful.
My stacks are, React, Node Js, Mongo DB, Express Js.
My number and whatsapp: 07064731533

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Indelibleage: 7:40pm On May 22, 2023
Jesus saves!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by opey112(m): 7:41pm On May 22, 2023
Gross misconduct...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ShangTsung000: 7:41pm On May 22, 2023
OK
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by TheRedpillguy: 7:41pm On May 22, 2023
Well, she probably has men supporting her lifestyle for now.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by chatinent: 7:42pm On May 22, 2023
Could it be that she also came late due to the same [personal] field engagements that made you come late, boss?

I'm not saying you are wrong. You are perfectly right. This is the perfect time to give a second chance. Trust me, she'll value it.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by saphiere(f): 7:42pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

ES
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Dentalgist: 7:42pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
As if that's not enough, they would be doing the work as if they are doing you a favour. And when they decide to leave, they won't mind burning bridges. A generation that deserves work-life balance that lacks basic work ethics sad

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by BABAawoo47: 7:43pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Absolutely right.
telling someone to go home shows the workplace is not structured...There's something called query and there are due process to firing someone especially if the person is sent an official letter. No one working for reputable Coys will try this because of threats of law suits....
So i guess the company isn't a well structured one that's why she acted that way

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by victorazy(m): 7:43pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

What's this one saying? sad
So she doesn't owe the office any obligation?
Some offices they don't even allow u use cell phone not to talk about wasting their precious 1hr.

Is her resumption time not 8am? Don't you know he can be sue for that too?

Must u comment?
Plz give ur mother back her phone.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Ventura1: 7:43pm On May 22, 2023
Many shouting no job, are not ready to work.
EmekaStanley:

ES

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic) / Total Nigeria Nationwide Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.