Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Video Games Getting Too Hard ? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Video Games Getting Too Hard ? (7122 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Fifa2008(too Hard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by whobemumu(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2011
i used to ove video games but i noticed that they are getting too hard

i mean if u havent got anything to do then they are very good for passing the time but for those of us who have got jobs

or maybe going to school u just cant afford to sit in front of tv for hours n end playing games

the other option is to miss out on the most popular games and pay '' trash '' that u wouldnt normally play

i mean look at God of war 3 ( after the labyrinth )

or pes 2011 ,

gone are the days when u do 1-2 and score now its like rocket science to be able to play games

i just cant spare that amount of time

i guess am gonna have to give up gaming

sob sob
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:56am On Jul 02, 2011
Nonsense.

The truth is that games are far easier now than they've ever been . If you don't believe me, try playing the original Battletoads on the NES. Back then, most games were crazily hard to make up for being short on content.

You're just making up excuses for being a rubbish gamer.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by whobemumu(m): 2:58am On Jul 02, 2011
i guess u are right , its not that am a bad gamer but that i just dont have the time to spend a whole day passing one stage, u should try the stage where kratos flies thru a tunnel in god of war 3 , i know i can do it eventually i just dont see why it has to be that hard ,,,, sorry am playing the game for the story not for the skill or bragging rights and they are losing me i tell u cos i live such a busy life that if i put it down wont pick it up
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2011
Go play ninja Gaiden angry

Come back to me after you break your tv. tongue
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by ritchboy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2011
Nonsense.

The truth is that games are far easier now than they've ever been . If you don't believe me, try playing the original Battletoads on the NES. Back then, most games were crazily hard to make up for being short on content.

You're just making up excuses for being a rubbish gamer.

Touchdown!!! grin

I played Megaman recently just to refresh it's stupendous difficulty in my mind cheesy

I can't even think of any really difficult console (retail) game in the last decade. The only games i might find challenging nowadays are DLC, i.e Super Meat Boy.

donspony:

Go play ninja Gaiden angry

Come back to me after you break your tv. tongue

Come on, Ninja Gaiden is a "two day" game.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Mobinga: 12:06am On Jul 03, 2011
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2011
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2011
...pls delete
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by omega25red(m): 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2011
ritchboy:

Touchdown!!! grin

Na lie you lie Ninja Gaiden on xbox 1 the original game is the hardest game i have played. I have been playing it for a few years now and still haven't beat it. I pick it up ever so often and when i get frustrated i see it in another couple of months
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Tunee(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
@moodie.u mean vergil in mission 20 cos in 19 u both team up to fight arkham.dat guy is a hell of a boss!.I later killed him after about 30 tries or even more.here's aw I did it
u can replay mission 19 to get enough orbs to buy 2vital star small.nd 1large vital star.then use trickster to evade his attacks wen he's in devil trigger mode,use ur ebony nd ivory 2 attack him from afar.wen he returns back 2 normal u devil trigger nd attack him.try as much as possible not to allow him attack u with his deadly 4 hit combo.continue repeating those sequences,d fight maybe long but u gotta b patient.he might throw his sword @ u occasionally wen u r too far from him so b alert.wen his life is about one third.he will start creating some devastating attacks.use ur trickster to evade dem by jumping then pressing circle.jst run 4 ur lyf.den continue d attack sequence nd u r done.though its easier said than done but after maybe 40 tries u shud defeat him.third.he will start creating some devastating attacks.use ur trickster to evade dem by jumping then pressing circle.jst run 4 ur lyf.den continue d attack sequence nd u r done.though its easier said than done but after maybe 40 tries u shud defeat him.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by ritchboy(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2011
omega25red:

Na lie you lie Ninja Gaiden on xbox 1[b] the original game[/b] is the hardest game i have played. I have been playing it for a few years now and still haven't beat it. I pick it up ever so often and when i get frustrated i see it in another couple of months

I finished Ninja Gaiden(Xbox) in a week. The difficulty was dumbed down from the NES games. There is one particular stage in the ORIGINAL Ninja Gaiden game that's almost impossible to beat.

Where are you stuck?
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 9:53am On Jul 06, 2011
Where is the joy in a game if you can finish it in one day at the first try? I know some games can be annoyingly difficult that you feel like driving over the disc with a steam roller but one has to relish the days when you go to bed dreaming about alternative ways to defeat a boss or complete a level. Challenges that are not easily bested usually have the most delicious victories lingering afterwards.

One of such memories for me was in defeating The End in Snake Eater (MGS3). After many weeks of trying to beat that nasty geezer I had become exasperated but when I finally got him in a corner the joy in spraying him with my XM16E1 was boundless. Then there was finishing the Homeland Security stage of MW2 Spec Ops in Veteran mode. I probably tried that level about 200 times before I could finish it but that was a victory that I always relish.

You've just got to love such games.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by omega25red(m): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2011
ritchboy:

I finished Ninja Gaiden(Xbox) in a week. The difficulty was dumbed down from the NES games. There is one particular stage in the ORIGINAL Ninja Gaiden game that's almost impossible to beat.

Where are you stuck?
well i guess my level of frustration is shorter than yours i'm stuck at the spot where you fight this demon slimy looking thing in an open field. I dont know exactly what to cut on it and i keep running around and jumping and jumping until it gets me not to mention i dont have enough health orbs
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by pharrell22(m): 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
grin
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by suprted(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2011
Bawss1:

Where is the joy in a game if you can finish it in one day at the first try? I know some games can be annoyingly difficult that you feel like driving over the disc with a steam roller but one has to relish the days when you go to bed dreaming about alternative ways to defeat a boss or complete a level. Challenges that are not easily bested usually have the most delicious victories lingering afterwards.

One of such memories for me was in defeating The End in Snake Eater (MGS3). After many weeks of trying to beat that nasty geezer I had become exasperated but when I finally got him in a corner the joy in spraying him with my XM16E1 was boundless. Then there was finishing the Homeland Security stage of MW2 Spec Ops in Veteran mode. I probably tried that level about 200 times before I could finish it but that was a victory that I always relish.

You've just got to love such games.

Dude, did you know that if you set the clock of your ps2 like one week ahead, the guy will have died of old age? cheesy
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by ritchboy(m): 2:02am On Jul 08, 2011
omega25red:

well i guess my level of frustration is shorter than yours i'm stuck at the spot where you fight this demon slimy looking thing in an open field. I dont know exactly what to cut on it and i keep running around and jumping and jumping until it gets me not to mention i dont have enough health orbs

Is it the part where the axe-wielding fiend-slayer chick is chained up and Doku(abi what's his name?) is about to sacrifice her or something like that?

You fight this crab/insect-like thing(her sister i think). It's been too long, i can't remember how exactly i beat it(though i'm pretty sure it wasn't very difficult). Ahh, great memories flooding back! grin

Ninja Gaiden for me was the best action-adventure game of the last gen(until GOW at least), you owe it to yourself to finish the game! smiley

There must be good walkthroughs online, check IGN, Gamespot etc.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by v3: 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2011
Tunee:

@moodie.u mean vergil in mission 20 cos in 19 u both team up to fight arkham.dat guy is a hell of a boss!.I later killed him after about 30 tries or even more.here's aw I did it
u can replay mission 19 to get enough orbs to buy 2vital star small.nd 1large vital star.then use trickster to evade his attacks wen he's in devil trigger mode,use your ebony nd ivory 2 attack him from afar.wen he returns back 2 normal u devil trigger nd attack him.try as much as possible not to allow him attack u with his deadly 4 hit combo.continue repeating those sequences,d fight maybe long but u gotta b patient.he might throw his sword @ u occasionally wen u r too far from him so b alert.wen his life is about one third.he will start creating some devastating attacks.use your trickster to evade dem by jumping then pressing circle.jst run 4 your lyf.den continue d attack sequence nd u r done.though its easier said than done but after maybe 40 tries u shud defeat him.third.he will start creating some devastating attacks.use your trickster to evade dem by jumping then pressing circle.jst run 4 your lyf.den continue d attack sequence nd u r done.though its easier said than done but after maybe 40 tries u shud defeat him.
Dude will be way too frustrated to continue grin grin grin
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by lumzi23: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2011
As a gamer I don't like really tough single player games (although I love a challenging multiplayer bout as much as the next guy). I don't know why this is.

Actually, I think it's because I like fighting opponents with a human level tactics, strategy and general intelligence as opposed to scripted AI (though there are some exceptions to this rule). I think that is why I prefer fighting humanoid characters to animalistic or amorphous creatures.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by WebMonk(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2011
ritchboy:

Touchdown!!! grin

I played Megaman recently just to refresh it's stupendous difficulty in my mind cheesy

I can't even think of any really difficult console (retail) game in the last decade. The only games i might find challenging nowadays are DLC, i.e Super Meat Boy.

+1. And I Approve this messagegrin

After seeing it on my friend's SNES back then, a decade or so later I picked up the ROM. Damn! Good times

Super Meat Boy? I don't know what those guy where thinking but it was spot on! Currently playing Outlands.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2011
suprted:

Dude, did you know that if you set the clock of your ps2 like one week ahead, the guy will have died of old age? cheesy

Yeah. I found that out only after I had beat the geezer the hard way. angry There are a couple of other cheats to beat The End but that one was probably the illest. cool
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Iyineda(m): 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2011
whobemumu:

i used to ove video games but i noticed that they are getting too hard

i mean if u havent got anything to do then they are very good for passing the time but for those of us who have got jobs

or maybe going to school u just cant afford to sit in front of tv for hours n end playing games

the other option is to miss out on the most popular games and pay '' trash '' that u wouldnt normally play

i mean look at God of war 3 ( after the labyrinth )

or pes 2011 ,

gone are the days when u do 1-2 and score now its like rocket science to be able to play games

i just cant spare that amount of time

i guess am gonna have to give up gaming

sob sob

Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Rgp92: 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2011
No hahaha. Games are getting easier wink
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
ainsley!
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by lailai2(m): 1:29am On Aug 17, 2011
online gaming is definitely the way forward, there's always something to aim for. These nigerian networks need to friggin step up
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Booshman(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2011
Please! Back in my day, there were no checkpoints in video games! No continues! None of this "Cheats Option on the Main Menu" nonsense! It was 3 hits (sometimes one), death, then title screen!

Heck! I was watching my cousin play Super Mario Brothers on the Nintendo Wii and when he kept dying, the game asked "Do you want the game itself to beat the level for you!" I sat there speechless as the game literally controlled Mario, ran him to the end of the stage, and beat it for him. What happened to simply learning from your mistakes if you suck, and then overcoming the obstacle through what you learned?

angry angry angry
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2011
There are still many many difficult games out there. I use cheats (if at all) only after passing a particular level the hard way to see what the cheat looks like. Normally I start games on 'Normal' difficulty settings and then increase the difficulty level afterwards.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by fizzybaba(m): 9:09am On Aug 17, 2011
never won champions league on PES2011

FAUSTRATING!
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by LordReed(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2011
Videogames are not getting hard they simply getting longer. What is harder is finding a game you can spend 5-10mins playing and enjoying it especially console games, PC games still have them flash games but thats for casual gamers. Or maybe NDS, games are shorter on it and bit less intense so you can game at leisure.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by dumodust(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2011
Games are not harder, people or rather, the new generation gamers and game software producers are less smart and cerebral
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
^ Don't you think you are over-generalizing there? Not all games have been dumbed (sp?) down.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2011
I hope you guys know that you can increase the difficulty settings for almost all the games out there. Trying playing on Super hard, Veteran, Big Boss or god-modes and then report back. cheesy
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by kpolli(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2011
lol. . lazy dude wants it easy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For Gamers? / Fifa 2016 Vs Pes 2016; Pes 2016 Rated Higher! / Gaming Laptops at Best and Affordable Prices. Click Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.