Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Video Games Getting Too Hard ? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Video Games Getting Too Hard ? (7134 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Fifa2008(too Hard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
I personally think video games are getting easier and more realistic. I actually finished GOW3 in one week and got 100% on the throphy level. I think rather than complain, gamers should be more creative, learn from their mistakes no matter how many times and have that drive that every game is beatable.

If you think GOW3 is hard, try playing "Castlevania" or completing all the trials. It probably one of the longest PS3 games and the trials will take even the avid gamer sometime to completely acheive. but believe me it is very acheiveable, just create the time and never give up.

cheers grin
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
You finished GOW3 in one week and got 100% of the trophies? shocked

You must work in an arcade.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by EfeEkarume(m): 8:52am On Aug 18, 2011
Word of advice, '', if you can't game it, CHEAT IT!'' , that's what I always do.
fizzybaba:

never won champions league on PES2011

FAUSTRATING!
But you qualified, that alone; an achievement. I haven't even qualified yet, though its my first season.
Rgp92:

No hahaha. Games are getting easier wink
, more easier than whistling.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2011
Bawss1:

You finished GOW3 in one week and got 100% of the trophies? shocked

You must work in an arcade.

Don't work in an arcade. Had time to burn, just finished the collection (i.e. GOW 1 & 2), and also had a printed copy of the walkthrough as a guide for the puzzles. grin.

Have you by chance played "castlevania - lord of the shadows"? Really cool game, but the trials attached to each chapter will probably take forever to acheive. But i believe its doable.

cheers
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2011
Nope haven't played Castlevania, just have a friend who always plays it on PC though. From what I saw the game looks too dark, I didn't find it inviting.

Anyways, I see how you were able to acquire 100% of all the trophies, such a feat is not possible unaided. smiley Cheers
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us: 10:18am On Aug 19, 2011
Bawss1:

Nope haven't played Castlevania, just have a friend who always plays it on PC though. From what I saw the game looks too dark, I didn't find it inviting.

Anyways, I see how you were able to acquire 100% of all the trophies, such a feat is not possible unaided. smiley Cheers

I have been able to acheive a 100% trophy collection in GOW3, Assassins Creed 2 and Prince of Persia (the forgotten sand). Currently have 93% for need for speed under cover and 95% for darksiders. I am still hopeful of getting a 100% for both games. Asides from GOW3 & AC 2 where i used a guide, i was able to acheive the 100% for POP on my own through regular game play.

As regards Castlevalnia, it is really a very cool game. You should please try it if you have the chance especially on PS3. i found it quite interesting and tasking on the hardest level, but overall quite enjoyable.

Currently playing killzone 3, which is a pretty cool game.

My PSN name is also "tayo03us", you could add me to your list of friends so we can help each other on games or possibly play online.

Cheers grin
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
tayo03us:

Don't work in an arcade. Had time to burn, just finished the collection (i.e. GOW 1 & 2), and also had a printed copy of the walkthrough as a guide for the puzzles. grin.

Have you by chance played "castlevania - lord of the shadows"? Really cool game, but the trials attached to each chapter will probably take forever to acheive. But i believe its doable.

cheers

end of
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by EfeEkarume(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2011
oyb:

end of

Discussion!
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by 2baga(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2011
OMG!!!! shocked
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by 2baga(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2011
tayo03us:

I have been able to acheive a 100% trophy collection in GOW3, Assassins Creed 2 and Prince of Persia (the forgotten sand). Currently have 93% for need for speed under cover and 95% for darksiders. I am still hopeful of getting a 100% for both games. Asides from GOW3 & AC 2 where i used a guide, i was able to acheive the 100% for POP on my own through regular game play.

As regards Castlevalnia, it is really a very cool game. You should please try it if you have the chance especially on PS3. i found it quite interesting and tasking on the hardest level, but overall quite enjoyable.

Currently playing killzone 3, which is a pretty cool game.

My PSN name is also "tayo03us", you could add me to your list of friends so we can help each other on games or possibly play online.

Cheers grin

I'm so like living in the "dark-ages"
I'm so far in the past that the dinosaur-age is a future event to me as far as game goes, but I'm still scared of installing bootleg version of games on me darling pc, Can I trust computer village sourced games, help?
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2011
2baga:

I'm so far in the past that the dinosaur-age is a future event to me as far as game goes, but I'm still scared of installing bootleg version of games on me darling pc, Can I trust computer village sourced games, help?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us1: 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
Bawss1:

cheesy cheesy

i would strongly advice against bootleg version of games. i am not a fan as i do quite alot of internet game play.

i feel its better to simply play the original and authentic version of games (just my own opinion).

bawss1: never did hear from u about my invite. what game(s) are u playing now?

wink
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2011
Sorry I didn't get back to you. Thing is I rarely get on PSN because of connection issues, the internet speed at home is not fit for online gaming. A pathetic situation, I know. Currently playing Black Ops now though. . .I haven't finished the campaign because I'm addicted to the zombie mode( in fact there are many titles I have that I haven't finished because of work mostly and my Black Ops addiction grin). When my friends come over then its Naruto Shipudden Ninja Storm 2 or COD (BO or MW2) split screen. smiley
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by marcus1234: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2011
Bawss1:

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Thing is I rarely get on PSN because of connection issues, the internet speed at home is not fit for online gaming. A pathetic situation, I know. Currently playing Black Ops now though. . .I haven't finished the campaign because I'm addicted to the zombie mode( in fact there are many titles I have that I haven't finished because of work mostly and my Black Ops addiction grin). When my friends come over then its Naruto Shipudden Ninja Storm 2 or COD (BO or MW2) split screen. smiley

i think you should try swift isp. the speed is pretty decent for online play.

i also have and play black ops. still thinking of going back to it once am done with killzone 3 which i borrowed.

cheer man
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
I don't think Swift has any services in Abuja.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:09am On Aug 27, 2011
2baga:

Early men?! On Nairaland?! Incredulous!
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Konjour(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2011
Though i'v finished most of the series,but the POP series are damn hard, and the God of war Trilogy reeks of riddles,

got stuck in a place where i have to fly at neck breaking speed through a tunnel filled with fast moving,burning debris and i have to

navigate it safely till i get out the other side,tried it a dozen times,got pissed and flung the disc into a trash can. undecided
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Bawss1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2011
^ Just the trash can? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Personally I usually feel like putting discs of games that are annoying under a steam roller and then driving over it till it is reduced to smithereens.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Konjour(m): 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2011
Bawss1:

^ Just the trash can? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Personally I usually feel like putting discs of games that are annoying under a steam roller and then driving over it till it is reduced to smithereens.

grin grin grin I don't really understand why the game developers 'd make it so complex and frustrating. That takes the thrill out of the game

for me anyday,not that it ought to be too easy,but tryin' to fight against a Armored tank with a Kalashnikov rifle isn't exactly easy or straightforward.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us1: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
Konjour:

Though i'v finished most of the series,but the POP series are damn hard, and the God of war Trilogy reeks of riddles,

got stuck in a place where i have to fly at neck breaking speed through a tunnel filled with fast moving,burning debris and i have to

navigate it safely till i get out the other side,tried it a dozen times,got pissed and flung the disc into a trash can. undecided

I understand how you feel when you play a particular part of a game over and over and over again. It can be very annoying. My advice is to google that particular part and you will either see written guides or better still you tube video's showing how other gamers were able to beat that particular section. Some sites that you can also check for playthrough guide is "ign guides or www.gamesfaqs.com". Trust me, i have completed GOW3 100% so i know what i am saying (please feel free to check my psn profile as i use the same user name to confirm my 100% completion position). The choice is yours. I wish you success as that part is very doable, you just have to understand the game sequence and flow.

Finally, when you are having trouble with a particular part of a game, either you take a break and do something else or play another game for some time before going back to that part. Also, learn to be patient and really enjoy your gaming experience. I found out that when you just relax and enjoy your games you will progress faster as you are under less pressure.

Best of luck. smiley
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us1: 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
Bawss1:

I don't think Swift has any services in Abuja.

You could call them on 234-1-710-10-10 for details as regards if they have an office or provide services in Abuja. grin
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Konjour(m): 12:53am On Aug 28, 2011
tayo03us1:

I understand how you feel when you play a particular part of a game over and over and over again. It can be very annoying. My advice is to google that particular part and you will either see written guides or better still you tube video's showing how other gamers were able to beat that particular section. Some sites that you can also check for playthrough guide is "ign guides or www.gamesfaqs.com". Trust me, i have completed GOW3 100% so i know what i am saying (please feel free to check my psn profile as i use the same user name to confirm my 100% completion position). The choice is yours. I wish you success as that part is very doable, you just have to understand the game sequence and flow.

Finally, when you are having trouble with a particular part of a game, either you take a break and do something else or play another game for some time before going back to that part. Also, learn to be patient and really enjoy your gaming experience. I found out that when you just relax and enjoy your games you will progress faster as you are under less pressure.

Best of luck. smiley

A'iit. Thanks buddy. Seems i've been convinced to start looking for my trash can again, maybe if it doesn't work this time,i'm going to

throw it inside my incinerator. cheesy
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by whobemumu(m): 1:35am On Aug 28, 2011
its not that they are too hard but boys de work now , get babe /wife   just cant spend so much time trying to defeat one evil boss when i know it does not add anything to my life

abi ?? smiley
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Mobinga: 1:58am On Aug 28, 2011
They are not hard na, you're lazy tongue. But on a serious note, I use cheats for every game I play.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by echowords(m): 2:02am On Aug 28, 2011
i think ninja gaiden on the original xbox was the hardest game i ever played. this is coming from someone who generally likes to start games on Hard difficulty setting.

but while i don't agree that games this days are harder or getting harder, i do believe that they're certainly much more bothersome. and some of them seem like an unnecessary chore with little or no rewards.
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by whobemumu(m): 2:27am On Aug 28, 2011
echowords:

i think ninja gaiden on the original xbox was the hardest game i ever played. this is coming from someone who generally likes to start games on Hard difficulty setting.

but while i don't agree that games this days are harder or getting harder, i do believe that they're certainly much more bothersome. and some of them seem like an unnecessary chore with little or no rewards.

na old age don catch us
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by tayo03us1: 5:39am On Aug 28, 2011
@konjour: You are most welcome. lol, please do not throw any of your games into the incinerator. Remember you paid for thoses games with your hard earned money. Just like i said in an earlier post, remember that its just a game you are meant to have fun and relax with. So just relax and have fun. grin

@whobemumu: I understand your point of spending so much time at work and with the family, but in my opinion the games on playstation are meant to take you away from all those stress of your daily life into a little world where you are just relaxing and doing things one might not really get the chance to do e.g. not sure i will ever get the chance to actually be in a war zone like in killzone (1-3) or mw2. For me, since madam has decided to spend alot of time watching e entertainment and africa magic (which are not on my list of favourite channels), i enjoy myself with games on ps3, lol. Not sure as per the old age thing o, we are all young at heart, lol, grin

@mobinga: Am so glad to see and read that i am not the only one who uses walkthroughs or videos from gamers on the internet to quickly solve game puzzles or to get quick games plays. Have fun, wink

@echoword:Nice to read that there are still gamers out there who start off playing games on the hardest level. You see most game developers have observed that if a game is made easy and can be quickly completed from just one or two play throughs, then the gamer will simply move on to other games. However, the game developers want you to keep playing their games for quite sometime, hence the addition of challenges which might be rewarded with trophies, the introduction of additional chapters which maybe bought on the internet or through game software updates and the introduction of parts 1,2 or 3 to games as their story lines keeps getting longer. Its all just to make you keep playing their games.

Finally guys (just assuming am talking to all guys, no disrespect if a lady is amongst you) i think another reason why some of us might get tired with games is because we simply play most games as single campaigns with no co-ops or internet game play. I have enjoyed most of the games i have played (and i have played quite a few) simply because i actually just use the games as a relaxing tool, i try as much as possible to play with my pals whenever they come around and derive joy in seeing them laugh or groan or get excited as per game challenges. Also guys please please please try playing games on the internet as well. Not saying all internet gamers are nice, but you will be surprised that you will not only make lots of friends from different parts of the world but see some amazing game plays that will further make you believe that these games are very very very beatable. Also, you will get to meet alot of nice peeps who will assist you in getting those trophies (if you are a trophy getter like myself, lol) that you perceive as being hard.

So get those thoughts of games being hard out of your mind, you are the king (and queen) of the PS3, enjoy and beat those challenges and your reward asides from seeing your trophy list grow is knowing that their is no challenge (game or in real life) that you cannot overcome.

ciao wink
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by gabelogan(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Games are definately getting harder. Back in the day, i would start golden axe or streets of rage, contra hard corps and finish them without dying, or international superstar soccer deluxe on the genesis and score spectacular goals from the midfield provided you know where to position your player. Those scenarios cannot play out presently. Talk about very difficult games like ninja gaiden 2 or god of war, elders scroll: oblivion, or nba 2k series! A friend of mine has refused to play nba2k11 because he feels its too hard, whereas the game is very technical. If u dont have a good grip of basketball, how to run plays and all of that, you cant play that game.
Games are definately getting harder!
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by whobemumu(m): 6:12am On Sep 09, 2011
did anybody here ever play driver on ps one ?
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Billyamin: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
GAMES IN STOCK
IT'S JUST 4-5K EACH,

BLAZING ANGELS 2
ALPHA PROTOCOL
ASSASSIN'S CREED
50CENT [BLOOD ON THE HAND]
TERMINATOR SALVATION
GRAN TURISMO 5 [PROLOGUE]
SPIDERMAN 3
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
CONDEMNED 2
DIRT 2
TOMB RAIDER
FAR CRY 2
FALL OUT 3
MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE
BLADE STORM [THE HUNDRED YEAR'S WAR]
MIND JACK
STUNTMAN IGNITION
CALL OF JUAREZ [BOUND IN BLOOD]
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 [BOXING]
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 10
TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX [VEGAS 2]
MIRROR'S EDGE
RIDGE RACER 7
BEOWULF [THE GAME]
NEED FOR SPEED [UNDERCOVER]
And many others

CALL BILLY ON 08052806775, 08181429655 OR MAIL billy_berry2020@yahoo.com,
Re: Video Games Getting Too Hard ? by Konjour(m): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2011
whobemumu:

did anybody here ever play driver on ps one ?

I've played Driver3 on the X-box 360 and its cool. Same goes for Midnight club. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online Fifa 20 Players In Nigeria. / Gaming Laptops at Best and Affordable Prices. Click Now. / Fifa 2016 Vs Pes 2016; Pes 2016 Rated Higher!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.