Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,865 members, 7,841,246 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. (37309 Views)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by imonisweet(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2022
How much be my salary
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Johnnyboy6757(m): 6:14am On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
make I advised you, but I know say na wetin de your mind u go still do. I was in your shoes few months back, until I took the bull by the horns.
I am a very busy guy due to work n my wife took advantage of that. Spending money anyhow n demanding for more, when I question her she will pick out quarrels telling me to go buy tins next time for the how. Ok I created time for my self wrote out a full list for everything in the house that will last for a month.
She was expecting the same money I do give her for shopping, but unfortunately I went to the market bought things enough it even lasted a month plus. With the Same money I do give heroooo, I even had change left.
Now she is even looking for a way to convince me again to be giving her the money.
Sometimes women think money is being pluck from trees. The don't know the value until you take away that privilege..

So crate time and do the same, don't quarrel or argue with her, just surprise her.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Shancca: 6:22am On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.

As this reach for you to come tell us for Nairaland, e mean say your wife is supporting nor appreciating your hard works
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:37am On Mar 22, 2022
Some men sef. Na the guy cause everything.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by dnawah(m): 6:40am On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
I had the same case, when I started buying things by myself,she went and told the mum.50% of our food always goes the the dustbin.some women r ungreatful,50k +1k*28 days=78k.call a family meeting,tell ur people and her people.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Malory: 6:45am On Mar 22, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

Honestly my brother, one of the reasons many of us are scared of the union called marriage.

She's working oooo naija women, Una too mean tbh.
Once she succeed in sending the young man to his early grave (God forbid), she'll quickly leave the marriage.

Although oyibo get their own problem but they're supportive.

Oyibo lady with a source of income it's always 50/50, not to talk of having a good job
Men should open their eyes simple
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Passionate1(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2022
A good wife and wellbeing is a man's best abundance. . .your wife na trash, selfish, poisonous and foolish. . She has a job . .she should be supportive and very understanding. .
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by NoToPile: 7:08am On Mar 22, 2022
Roseey0:
50k sounds big until you enter market o.

It's not just enough to say manage it, help her manage it as the man of the house.

I say this because, I know what it feels like to be given so much, but you have a partner that is demanding.
Mine for instance will want to run Generator all night like say fuel cost hasn't changed. He wants to eat 3 different meals in a day and you can't give him a meal he ate the previous day, that means you can't cook in bulk and you will have to buy new things everyday. He wants to order sendemendes from time to time claiming its not an everyday thing. If I complain its expensive, he will say I am boring. I should losen up.Las las, money go dey deplete. When you ask for more he will say why didn't you manage what was given.

Trust me, if she give you that 50k to run the house for just 1month , e no go last 1week for your hand.
Either you guys cut your expenses as a family all together or you increase allowee

The bolded is true, my own solution for all this chop money matters is let him manage the money or buy all the stuufs just for one month simple, the perishable one to be bought in bits he will reserve the money and buy them when it's time to use them, these things are not that hard. Some will want premium meal always on average money it can't work like that.

Even people that are not yet married or even go to market to buy things are jumping up and down the thread.

Food is a major expense even more than house rent and its cost is highly underared

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Passionate1(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
obyikye:
Oil dey your head.
Hmmmmm. Can you imagine? 50k for one month for two adults, pre teen and a toddler...

Which stupid oil dey in head?
If I may ask, what do u bring to the table in ur marriage?
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2022
When you were warned of those kind of your money is our money and my money is my money ladies, you probably did not heed the warnings. From the write up, how can you give a lady that works 1k for tp to work daily, probably 22-25k monthly? Is it that her salary can’t support her tp system or just plain stupidity? If her salary can’t support her tp, she has no business working. Hyper inflation has clearly made times hard, but in a situation where most food items has been bought in bulk, all bills paid at home, gas filled as well, 50k to just make the food and miscellaneous is very okay for an average family of 4. If a man/woman gets it wrong in marriage, he/she is finished. You clearly married a greedy thief and you aided and abetted the rubbish. Can you enumerate how her income comes in as a support system in any way. Her kind will try to broke shame you to go kill yourself before your time whereas what you have given is averagely more than okay given the bulk provisions you have made alongside.

NB: A man/woman should by all means pamper and spoil their spouses when there is absolute more than enough. It’s different from turning marriage into a parasitic relationship.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by ocloud(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2022
This person must be an ibo man. No yoruba man will allow such rubbish.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by jjmk(m): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2022
Truth be told, your wife is wicked and a thief. No other way to sugar coat it.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Ijaya123: 8:26am On Mar 22, 2022
Cardealer2021:

cheesy bros I nor dey carry ohhh

No be until you enter brothel person dey carry ashawo
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by newdawn2017(f): 8:30am On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to the African tales, the union is so the men can beat their chests as "head of house" grin
then to d death it is, so be it undecided because he could still be head of the family which in mutual respect to his wife, clear boundaries in place & receive financial, emotional, mental, spiritual & psychological support from his wife.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by advanceDNA: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2022
DKM123:
Nairaland is full of poverty stricken men, though. No real men on this platform. Just poor small boys and touts.. #50k for a family of 4 in this present Buhari's Nigeria?

That's like 12k each for a month on food.

That's like #400 for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

That's like #140 naira for each meal

Kai! Kai! Kai!

How much is a piece of meat in the local buka? I am sure OP will always insist for big meat in his food o.

Yet they are attacking the poor woman as if she is committing an abomination. Nairaland is full of poverty stricken mofos. Walahi.

Why not go to the market yourself OP and go and shop. When you buy 4liters of local groundnut oil alone for 8k and same 4 litres of palm oil for 3k, your eye go neat. You will wonder wether you lost money. Thanks to Buhari.

You better seat her down and appeal to her to try and manage the money and that's NOT BECAUSE it is ENOUGH and adequate but BECAUSE that's all you have. There is a way you will show love and pet your woman and she will actually perform magic. Don't listen to this small boys on nairaland that are experts at romancing poverty, if not your marriage will just scatter.

BTW, OP, if you like go and impregnate her again inside that #50k. Then expect her to perform magic. Nonsense and high blood pressure. If you are not financially ready to start a family, then don't get married and bring kids into the world to suffer but you people will not listen. Is marriage by force? Those waiting to be financially capable before venturing, are they f*oools? School fees hasn't even started and there is already fire on the mountain! Instead of strategizing how to improve your finance, you are running to nairaland to report your wife!

She should add the rest....the write up said she works..
The mad drops 50k and separately pays all their bill, fills the gas, still buys food like bag of rice...and still give the woman 22-26k for transport to work...work that’s she spends the money only..

How much is the man earning..
U want him to die becos he want to give the wife what will be enough without adding anything from her pocket....that’s witchcraft..

She even has nephew chopping extra food...
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Davesaves(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2022
a typical Nigerian social media user
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Davesaves(m): 8:41am On Mar 22, 2022
A typical Nigerian social media user..
Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Sam2310(m): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
See.. the African family module is obviously not working at all for this man considering the level of stress he is having to deal with. undecided

Married folks are supposed to have a major leg up over single folks mainly because there are two heads in that equation. But when folks turn it instead into a Master-slave type relationship, they loose out on that would be major benefit. lipsrsealed
bros, sha most married folks only show pride to single folks per say their dey carry load for head pass.
Make God help us all.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by obyikye(f): 8:53am On Mar 22, 2022
Let the man take the responsibility of shopping for one month and let her only the cooking.
The rate at which foodstuffs prices escalates is alarming, trust me, no amount is hardly enough. I am talking to you from experience, this is one of the numerous issues experienced by young couple.
For those calling for the head of the woman, should at least give her benefit of doubts. There is always two sides to a story....
[quote author=Uyoukowise post=111248961][/quote]
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by pedrilo: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Husband and wife no be master and slave relationship. The man ought to sit together with his wife at the table, with paper and pencil in hand to plot out exactly how much it costs to feed the family regularly, and this should take place every month so they are in sync. Apart from feeding, the man should make certain his wife is aware of how much he pays each month for light bill, gas etc. undecided

Also, he claims his wife works as well but how much did they both agree would be her contribution as far as upkeep of what is after all her own family? undecided
@op, if you fail to adopt this template in your home effective immediately, you may not live to tell the story. I pray you act fast.
I am a family man and dis is he norm in my home and it's absolutely amazing
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by obyikye(f): 8:56am On Mar 22, 2022
Exactly, he should go to market at least for one month, if the wife is extravagant or prudent he will find out by so doing.

Johnnyboy6757:
make I advised you, but I know say na wetin de your mind u go still do. I was in your shoes few months back, until I took the bull by the horns.
I am a very busy guy due to work n my wife took advantage of that. Spending money anyhow n demanding for more, when I question her she will pick out quarrels telling me to go buy tins next time for the how. Ok I created time for my self wrote out a full list for everything in the house that will last for a month.
She was expecting the same money I do give her for shopping, but unfortunately I went to the market bought things enough it even lasted a month plus. With the Same money I do give heroooo, I even had change left.
Now she is even looking for a way to convince me again to be giving her the money.
Sometimes women think money is being pluck from trees. The don't know the value until you take away that privilege..

So crate time and do the same, don't quarrel or argue with her, just surprise her.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by obyikye(f): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2022
Hmmm, this aspect you were saying doesn't work is the main issue and problem, whether the money was given in bulk or not, it will still be 1600 daily... And that's like 1600 for morning, afternoon and night.
Op, I advise you calm down, draw food timetable for your home and know exactly what each meal cost then multiple it by the number of days in a month. These are some of the things taught in marriage course. Finance if not treated wisely racks havoc and disharmony like this.
[quote author=Uyoukowise post=111248961][/quote]
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Classickj(m): 9:22am On Mar 22, 2022
Goldbw122:
she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..

Baba what part of English "" She also working - a good work for that matter, and I give her 1k everyday for transport "" don't you understand
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by KIDfurniture(m): 9:22am On Mar 22, 2022
She willl surely send you to ur early grave.. imagine paying her allowance every month. Your own wife. I tot it was a joint effort. Just go and dig ur grave down.

BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mblarry1(m): 9:41am On Mar 22, 2022
My own is even worse off, though not married yet but she got a child for me, last Sunday very early around 6am brought the child to my house scatter everywhere in the living, I was like God, while all this ponmo girls full everywh? Tod masef not getting married again will just Tek gud care of ma son.

Olivertwist1985:
Marriage of nowadays is only God will intervened. Girls of this generation, I don't know what they want. Iam facing the same problem, for now I don't advice any single guy to marry, I always tell them marriage is a hell.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by purpleicious(f): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2022
It's very okay
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Thinktwicemybro: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2022
Didi2d:

Baba read well before you comment na!
The OP said his wife is a working class woman. A good job at that
The OP is a lair.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Amhappy(f): 10:04am On Mar 22, 2022
50k is not plenty but that's not the problem. I think you wife thinks you make a lot more than you do. You do not share financial information with her. If she know your plans,she may be more open in supporting you. Also you may not know her contribution. That 50k may not be all is used to provide the food you eat in that house. I remember when my husband use to give me 20-30k for feeding because i do not complain he thought it's more than enough. But i supplement with 50k every month. When he will be chopping the big sized chicken and meat he will think it's only his money. The day he got me annoyed i asked him to go to market himself and he came back just buying a few things. Finally he asked "how do you do it". Sit and discuss with your wife about feeding and financial issues and straighten things out. If you want listen to all the small small kids here telling you to stop feeding your family.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BluntCrazeMan: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:

You are wrong. Your are obviously not married. The problem is the man. 50k a month is average of 6k every market day. That cannot feed a family of 4 when you have to buy rice, oil, grandnut oil and beans out of it.

Why I say the man is at fault?

He should not make his wife a full time house wife. He should open business for her. If what's the business brings a month is 30k profit for instance, that will make the total 80k and she won't complain again.

A man should not complain when they make their wife full time house wife, except she is lazy and refuse to work, then the man can complain.
Mista-man, go back and read the original post again
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BluntCrazeMan: 10:36am On Mar 22, 2022
MPESA:

Please irrespective of your modification, how much are you giving to your wife every month if 50k is too small?.
Apart from 50k for feeding another 30k for her transport on daily totalling 80k per month...

Hopefully you are giving your family more than 80k per month, if not kindly delete your post.
He is not married yet.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Evaloyal2J(f): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2022
Honestly some women are not reasonable. Imagine taking #50k out of struggling business every month plus other expenses. You even buy the bag of rice and settle other bills.
And did you just said that she works and you give her 1k for transport daily? Gush! I give up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Spotted Carrying His Wife's Handbag... / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.