Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

All About Mnet Tinsel: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / All About Mnet Tinsel: (9549 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Meet Mnet's Big Brother Amplified Contestants + Pictures Of The House / Tinsel Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Mnet Tinsel: by marvelck: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2011
That Guy playing Chuks in Mnet TV drama "Tinsel" should be replaced with immediate effect. Though he's kind of playing the comic character in the soap, but it is so glaring he doesn't know how to act. He needs to go for acting lessons. Where was he when ITPAN Training School was running acting courses in Lagos then. Please Director of Tinsel do something about this guy. The guy playing Soji is trying, likewise the ladies playing Ene, Telema, and Angela are all trying. Even the new guy playing the publisher is doing a good job ever since he joined the cast of Tinsel. But as for the guy playing Chuks, nah nah, he's so plastic! And the people handling Tinsel should try and upgrade the standards (especially in the area of delivery) of Tinsel to that of Jacob's Cross (A South African Mnet TV serie, whose plot sometimes do look confusing too). This is Mnet, and we are talking about International Standards.
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by TCD: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with the Chuks guy. That's just his way and style of acting and he has gone on to make that chuks character his own. He should keep it up in my opinion,

and you just say the rest are "trying"? Jesus, you are very hard to please o. Tinsel is by far the best soap opera ever in Nigeria in terms of acting, directing , packaging costumes everything. They deserve applause and I'm sure they will keep improving.
Shout out also goes to the people behind "Spiders" that's another quality production, but they can improve more on it though. My two cents smiley
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by lysaa(f): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2011
I think the character Chuks is a confused person and the guy acting it is doing well to portray that.
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by marvelck: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2011
I'm not talking about the character he's playing, but the way he's acting the character. Compare to the other characters in the soap, can you say he's as good as the guys playing Philip, Kwame, or even Soji? Just try and watch him very well, to see what I'm talking about. I believe there's room for improvement. And you and I know, with the way he's acting, he will find it difficult to get a role in any other production or even in nollywood,
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by mikuz(m): 12:51am On Jul 04, 2011
Oboy see debate.
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by anonimi: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2011
TCD:

Tinsel is by far the best soap opera ever in Nigeria in terms of acting, directing , packaging costumes everything. They deserve applause and I'm sure they will keep improving.

I concur with your assessment and it's actually being translated into French. I saw an episode on RTI- the Ivorian telly earlier today. What a nice surprise.
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by wanitas(f): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
Who says Tinsel is Chuks first acting gig, i remember i used to see him in ' wetin dey' , i think it was also an mnet production(not sure) but he must've acted well for him to be offered this role, and IMO, he's interpreting his sold well,
Re: All About Mnet Tinsel: by meobizy(f): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
The show has outlived its purpose, abeg. The producers don’t know when to call it quits or start incorporating production breaks. How they keep finding sponsors baffles me.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Jenifas Diary??????? / What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched? / What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.