Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects (10245 Views)

When Would Wike Host Tinubu To Commision A Project? / Tinubu To Visit Ebonyi / Governorship Election: Who Is Osun State Next Governor? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has agreed to visit Ebonyi State next month to commission some of the over 2,000 projects that have been executed by the state government.

The governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, who met with the president separately before the meeting of All Progressive Governors, told State House Correspondents, that Buhari directed the State Chief of Protocol (SCOP), to conclude on the date of the visit.

According to Umahi, some of the projects to be commissioned include King David Medical University, some of the over 2000 completed roads built with concrete, the biggest mall in West Africa, the President Buhari large tunnel flyover bridge, with a fountain on top, the international markets as well as the industrial cluster.

Meanwhile, Umahi has denied that he has abandoned his ambition to secure the presidential ticket of the ruling party in next year’s election.

This is even as he maintained that he is not entertaining fear over the judgement by Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, who ordered him and his deputy, Dr Kelechi Igwe, to vacate their offices for defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Governor who described the judgement as a blessing in disguise, said a counter pronouncement by a federal high court in Abuja, has affirmed that he enjoys immunity as an elected governor and that votes secured during an election legally belong to the candidate and not a political party.

The Ebonyi governor, who thanked his unnamed colleague (Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike), for admitting on national television that he was behind the hatchet job, likened him to biblical Judas Iscariot, stressing, however, that as a man who relies on the breath of God like any other mortal, he cannot determine his fate.

According to him, he serves only the living God while that of his unnamed counterpart (whose name he refused to outrightly mention), might be based on alcohol.

Asked if he was worried by any chance about the court sacking, Umahi said: “Do I look worried? You see, God has plans for everything. And I think that God allowed one court to give judgment that I go nowhere, allowed another court to say, because we defected, that the votes belong to the party.

‘And I’m very worried because the highest court has said that votes belong to the candidates. And that’s why even though APC won the election in Bayelsa State, the deputy governor’s credentials were defective. And even a day to swearing-in, the Supreme Court ruled disqualifying the candidate of APC that won the election because of his deputy. And so if votes belonged to the party, it would have been that the Supreme Court in its wisdom would have just asked for the man that won the election for the party to bring the substitutes to do that.

‘So I’m not worried. Because in the first place, there is no constitutional provision that says that the governor can be sued in the first place, so I’m not sue-able. You know, but a court judgment is a court judgment, I’m not in the position to interpret it but the Constitution, we swore to uphold, I can speak to the Constitution.

‘And the Constitution says that, once you’re elected, you enjoy immunity, and Supreme Court says votes cast in an election belong to the candidate. And that’s why you have qualifications of a candidate and not qualifications of a political party. So I’m not worried.

‘But you see, God allowed it so that where I couldn’t reach in terms of my consultation, this situation has made it possible for me to reach those places. And to truly see that Nigerians love me and they want me and that is the reason for that.

‘And I want to thank the PDP and even the man that boasted that he did that hatchet job. If the people that crucify Christ knew that it will bring salvation to the whole world, they wouldn’t have done that. So the hatchet man that boasted is likened to Judas Iscariot. And so I have no worry because the Constitution is clear. I have confidence in the judiciary and so you can see I have added some weight in these few days and looking more handsome.’

Asked if he and his unnamed counterpart had personal grouse aside the politics of decamping to APC, he said: ‘Probably the difference between us will be our faith. I serve the living God and he probably drinks a lot of alcohol. I don’t drink. So that is the difference between us otherwise he remains my friend and my brother and I have nothing against him.’

When asked to name the governor he referenced, Umahi added: “You should be the one telling me. You heard him on Channels boasting that he is behind. A mere man that depends on the breath of God. I pity illiteracy. It’s a shame. You are boosting to remove another governor.

‘What qualifies you just because you’re packing money that is the public fund? Not intellectual material but by just packing money from public funds and you are boasting about it. Otherwise, who were you?

‘I became a billionaire at the age of 25. I’ve worked all my life and I have asked him to come for public debates.

‘I do not commission 3.4-kilometres of road. I commission 35-kilometre roads. I commissioned twin flyovers running to one kilometre. I commission megaprojects with little resources.

‘So, if he says he has done well and he is Mr this or that, let him come for a public debate with me. Let’s start with our childhoods. So I’m not disturbed.’

Asked whether his presidential ambition has died he said: ‘It could be just your own imagination because there is no such thing. You can see us in the various media houses, you know, social media. You can see my supporters everywhere, you can see my consultation.

‘I even consult those who are also aspiring. And that shows you how committed I am to this course and I think it’s God’s project. So, there is no such thing. Whatever is God’s project, no such consideration will come to such project.’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/buhari-to-commission-projects-in-ebonyi-in-april-umahi/%3famp

Mynd44
lalasticla

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Fahdiga(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
Former governor Umahi should stop looking for unmerited validation. He is now an ex governor and no amount of visits by the lifeless can resurrect his dead political career

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Ebubu: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fahdiga:
[s]Umahi be by by should stop looking for unmerited validation. He is now an ex governor and no amount of visits by the lifeless can resurrect his dead political career[/s]

Shut up

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
Fahdiga:
Umahi should stop looking for unmerited validation. He is now an ex governor and no amount of visits by the lifeless can resurrect his dead political career
[/s]

The sack will not work, dead on arrive, Buhari is above the law he will reserve it

e shock u abi??

Because

e go shock u very soon

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Fahdiga(m): 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ebubu:

Shut up
The 12k a month this one receives from former governor Umahi is still intoxicating him. Don't worry very soon the feeding bottle will be removed from your hungry mouth

15 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Fahdiga(m): 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

The sack will not work, dead on arrive, Buhari is above the law he will reserve it

e shock u abi??

Because

e go shock u very soon
Imagine how this one is supporting tyranny? That brutal and despotic Buhari is above the law? Terrible humans everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LibertyRep: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ok.
Hope Umahi still remains the Gov by then.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
Fahdiga:
The 12k a month this one receives from former governor Umahi is still intoxicating him. Don't worry very soon the feeding bottle will be removed from your hungry mouth
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
LibertyRep:
Ok.

Wailer

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Ebubu: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fahdiga:
you should know by now APC won’t let the courts dwindle their fortune by removing Dave in a SE where they will need 25% few months coming.

Think

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by ganisucks(f): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
This man and his brother will never learn. After the elections are done and dusted in 2023, he won't even have a councillor loyal to him. You can't fight a war on two fronts and expect to survive. That's just madness

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Fahdiga(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ebubu:
you should know by now APC won’t let the courts dwindle their fortune by removing Dave in a SE where they will need 25% few months coming.

Think
The 12k will soon stop

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by ganisucks(f): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ebubu:

Think

The aim of this move was never to displace or sack him but rather to demoralize and frustrate him. Also to use him as a scape goat to beat others into line. They have already succeeded in mission A. Mission B is still in progress

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ebubu:

Think

Put sense into his skull grin

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Ebubu: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
ganisucks:

The aim of this move was never to displace or sack him but rather to demoralize and frustrate him. Also to use him as a scape goat to beat others into line. They have already succeeded in mission A. Mission B is still in progress
You must be joking if you think it demoralized him

Did he announce he fell into depression?

Man still attended APC Progressive Governors meeting today at Aso Rock.

Man hasn’t withdrawn his presidential ambition.

No protests in Ebonyi state

I don’t know how you analyze your own politics

Reality must be far from you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by richidinho(m): 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ex president
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Awkabigboy: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ebubu:
You must be joking if you think it demoralized him

Did he announce he fell into depression?

Man still attended APC Progressive Governors meeting today at Aso Rock.

Man hasn’t withdrawn his presidential ambition.

No protests in Ebonyi state

I don’t know how you analyze your own politics

Reality must be far from you.
Umahi is in charge for several reasons in Ebonyi. The Abakaliki bloc will produce next gov so they're not against him. His Afikpo bloc too hate iduma who's a known crook. Umahi is the man to beat

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
richidinho:
Ex president
[/s]
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Ebubu: 1:43am On Mar 24, 2022
Awkabigboy:

Umahi is in charge for several reasons in Ebonyi. The Abakaliki bloc will produce next gov so they're not against him. His Afikpo bloc too hate iduma who's a known crook. Umahi is the man to beat
This is the staunchest reason Umahi is still in power. Very strong forces in Ebonyi PDP like Egwu and Obinna Ogba are even rooting for him to finish off him tenure next year in order for power to return to Abakaliki bloc in few months time.

Na e Igariwey who is not appreciated in Ehugbo now wants to shift the dreams of all a Governorship aspirants in Ebonyi by another 9years

E no fit happen grin

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Ebubu: 1:45am On Mar 24, 2022
LibertyRep:
Ok.
He surely will. Take that to the bank
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by UselessBuharist: 5:11am On Mar 24, 2022
Hw should commission all he needs to commission and go with his badluck
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by chukwuibuipob: 5:22am On Mar 24, 2022
cool we invite all Mmkpurummiri ,ugm,ESN yoot cool
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by SKYHIGHfx: 5:27am On Mar 24, 2022
LeoDeKing:
The only working gov in SE.

Ironically, the only gov ipob pigs insult from morning to night.

A good proof ipob pigs are brain dead animals. angry

U must be suffering from brain cancer..

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Jostoman: 5:30am On Mar 24, 2022
Ebubu:

Shut up
get out
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Jostoman: 5:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Umahi thinks judiciary is still afraid of executive like before. Umahi thinks buhari will come and intimidate judiciary for him. Return the mandate back to PDP.
Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 24, 2022
The best governor in the country.
LeoDeKing:
The only working gov in SE.

Ironically, the only gov ipob pigs insult from morning to night.

A good proof ipob pigs are brain dead animals. angry

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Buhari Will Visit Ebonyi State Next Month To Commision Projects by gracealonev: 5:47am On Mar 24, 2022
Nice one!
Valedictory programme for Umahi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Shot Dead By German Police Over Welfare Allowance / Presidential Elections Tribunal: Like Zakari, Like Bulkachuwa By Oke Umurhohwo / FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.