Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

2023 Guber: Akwa Ibom National Assembly Members Endorse Pastor Umo Eno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Guber: Akwa Ibom National Assembly Members Endorse Pastor Umo Eno (299 Views)

NATA Members Endorse Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu, Display PVCs / PDP Members Endorse Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu In This Billboard [photo] / Fresh Controversy As Bribery Allegations Rock Akwa Ibom National Assembly Poll T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Guber: Akwa Ibom National Assembly Members Endorse Pastor Umo Eno by edikandavid(m): 9:14am On Mar 24, 2022
Members of the Akwa Ibom State Caucus in the National Assembly have declared their unwavering support for the 2023 governorship aspiration of Pastor Umo Eno.

The legislators made their position known during a consultation visit on them by the seasoned entrepreneur and leading Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) aspirant which took place at the Abuja residence of Senator Akon Eyakenyi.

In a motion moved by Hon (Dr.) Henry Archibong, and seconded by Hon Nsikak Ekong, the members representing Itu/Ibiono, and Ikot Ekpene Federal Constituencies respectively, the lawmakers unanimously endorsed Pastor Eno as their sole candidate for the 2023 Akwa Ibom State Governorship seat.

They noted that their decision to support Pastor Eno is premised on his strong belief for inter-governmental collaboration and partnership, as well as their support to the Completion Agenda of Governor Udom Emmanuel.

In her remarks, Senator Akon Eyakenyi, thanked the team for the visit, stating that it was the first time an aspirant is visit National Assembly members in Abuja to share ideas on collaborative leadership.

"We feel honoured to have you come to consult us officially. We are with you and for you. We are the people's representatives. We have control over the delegates which is the first bridge to cross. If you have the support of the National Assembly caucus, go to sleep, victory is yours. We will follow you till the end. Your victory will be clean and landslide," she assured.

Senator Eyakenyi advocated for the state to recognize the benefits of having ranking legislators in the National Assembly, and appealed that lawmakers seeking return tickets in the 2023 elections should be encouraged.

While maintaining that three of their colleagues are also gunning for the same office of Governor, the national lawmakers were ready to turn in all their delegates and supporters to Pastor Umo Eno.

"See them here, they came here on their own volition, I couldn't have forced them, and they have freely and sincerely expressed readiness to support you."

Addressing the Caucus, Pastor Eno thanked the lawmakers for their support and solidarity, stating that the strong backing he has from senior citizens and political leaders in the state towards the realisation of his 2023 governorship project, is a product of God's Grace.

"God has used Governor Udom Emmanuel to bring so much developments into Akwa Ibom State. We have seen roads, we have seen industries on ground, Ibom Air is flying and we know we have to convert all these to generate massive employments for our youths. Governor Emmanuel has laid a foundation that we must build on, there are low hanging fruits that will turn out employments for our children."

"You need a Governor that you can advise, who will listen to you, listen to the people and also respect you. I do not know everything that is why I will need your advice and support. I will create a partnership that works between the executive branch of government and the legislature for the good of our people," he stated.

Pastor Eno who pledged to run an all inclusive government, said Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, (SME's), remains the engine room of any economy, promising to reposition agriculture to play its major role as one of the biggest employers of labour.

Reiterating the need to further the peace currently enjoyed in the state, the accomplished entrepreneur assured that the legacies of the Governor Udom Emmanuel led administration would be protected.

"Stand by me, give me your shoulders so that I can ride on your shoulders. My aspiration is not an ambition but a call to serve. With your support we will make Akwa Ibom State better," he assured.

Introducing the aspirant, the Director-General, Umo Eno Campaign Organization, Amb Assam Assam (SAN), said endorsement by any caucus is a great political capital in any democracy the world over.

"You are not just representing the people. You are speaking for the people. Today, we stand at a threshold of history. Akwa Ibom caucus have done well and would have done more if the country had a PDP government at the centre," he noted.

He therefore solicited for their endorsement towards the realisation of the Umo Eno 2023 Governorship project.

Also speaking, the National Chairman, Maintain Peace Movement, (MPM), Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem, thanked the lawmakers for their show of patriotism, love and oneness, stating that their endorsement as legislators is symbolic and of great significance.

"Parliament is the major ingredient of democracy. Without parliament there is no democracy. We thank you for your support and I can assure you all that with Pastor Umo Eno as Governor, the future of Akwa Ibom State is guaranteed and prevailing peace will be sustained.

Goodwill messages were received from Senator Effiong Bob, Senator Emmanuel Ibok Essien, Chairman of the Akwa Ibom State Caucus in the 7th National Assembly, Senator Aloysius Etok, leader, House of Representatives Caucus, Rt Hon Francis Uduyok, member representing Abak, Etim Ekpo, Ika Federal Constituency, Hon Aniekan Umanah, Deputy Speaker, Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Felicia Bassey, and Dean, College of Commissioners and Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Sir Monday Uko, among others.

Re: 2023 Guber: Akwa Ibom National Assembly Members Endorse Pastor Umo Eno by triple996(m): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2022
2023 go funny walai
Everyone is planning ahead of except one region like that that likes cannibalism grin
Re: 2023 Guber: Akwa Ibom National Assembly Members Endorse Pastor Umo Eno by ebuka440: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2022
It is always easy endorsing these politicians and also easy to cry when they fail to perform. Politicians till tomorrow has the same mindset and in my own opinion, Nigerians needs a total overhauling of their brain system so as to get good governance. Sanitizing our political system can only be done by the youths, if they can live up to the expectation

(1) (Reply)

UNDILUTED TRUTH: The Bitter Truth You Don't Know About Prince Chinedu Nwadike / Train Attack: Amaechi Lied Over Bullet-proof Coaches – APC Chieftain / List Of Sacked Traditional Rulers Reinstated By Gov. Hope Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.