Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report (31781 Views)

Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying / 7 Signs Of A Toxic Workplace / Tips To Survive A Toxic Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by drmuchin: 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tin gods in the Boardroom
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by alanto: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
femijay8271:
angry I get one madam like dat for vi... She owns a very big restaurant Dis Ebun own na Small for dis woman side. Manager o, Accountant o, Security guards o, every damn person dey fear her just because she knows who is who in the society... But the day wey d tin do me and her Chai angry na accuse she accuse me of wetin I no do... Oooh, e be like say I smoke igbo that day , I Para like area boi for her ... D tin wey she just dey talk & shout na "U WAN BEAT ME, OYA COM BEAT ME" Security guard wey dey her door no even care if I comot madam teeth grin.... Her own don too much... But I later go beg her Sha in the next day and ever since then... All staff begin call me Madam husband grin

Me self con dey do like...
I shey Davolee
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
You see, you are the one deficient in reading and comprehension, at what point did i mention board of directors

masseratti:
when then tell you say go to school you refused, who told you that the board of directors are his employer?
The guy owns the company but according to law, he can be fired by the board.

There are different kind of ways to motivate employees, not by talking down or been rude to people. This guy is a learner to banks managers, regional managers, executives directors during MPR... You will wish the floor opens and you enter. Have seen a lady slump during MPR.

Good job with dirty human relations is a very bad Job... Nice one tech Africa.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
datola:
Good. Sack him from his own company.

Hope it serves as a lesson to other bullying employers
Is that even possible?

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Donaluta(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?
No be every CEO dey get the company.. some of them na staff

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by mployer(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
The guy just the whine una.

He owns the company. He suspended himself.

2 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Donaluta(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
Such bosses are needed in Nigeria, most employers will silently hire such a guy because he has what it takes to get the job done....

Although he went to the extreme in some cases but i support him 100%

He will be back soon, tougher this time ....

Good Job Ebun...

You dey support tyranny... No wonder them dey kill Una like chickens ...
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kill who ? Try and be an employer for one day IN NIGERIA, you will understand .... for now shut up!!!

Donaluta:

You dey support tyranny... No wonder them dey kill Una like chickens ...

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?
Bro na publicity stunt you sef reason am how you go own company and the people you employ go sack you for this Nigeria grin grin na big joke abeg make them no kee person with laff cheesy
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
sherylbaky:
Yes, he could be suspended by the board.
But who appointed the board members?
How on God's green earth can someone he gave job suspend him
I swr I'm confused.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by masseratti: 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
You see, you are the one deficient in reading and comprehension, at what point did i mention board of directors

but you said bosses... Anyway I took that for you meaning the board of directors are his boss, they are not.. He also is a member of the board... He might be good and passionate with his work, but human relations matters alot.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
femijay8271:
angry I get one madam like dat for vi... She owns a very big restaurant Dis Ebun own na Small for dis woman side. Manager o, Accountant o, Security guards o, every damn person dey fear her just because she knows who is who in the society... But the day wey d tin do me and her Chai angry na accuse she accuse me of wetin I no do... Oooh, e be like say I smoke igbo that day , I Para like area boi for her ... D tin wey she just dey talk & shout na "U WAN BEAT ME, OYA COM BEAT ME" Security guard wey dey her door no even care if I comot madam teeth grin.... Her own don too much... But I later go beg her Sha in the next day and ever since then... All staff begin call me Madam husband grin

na man u be

2 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Resurgent2016: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?

The person wey pass CEO (the creditors/shareholder/VC firms/PE funds)
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Osilama1: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
masseratti:
when then tell you say go to school you refused, who told you that the board of directors are his employer?
The guy owns the company but according to law, he can be fired by the board.

There are different kind of ways to motivate employees, not by talking down or been rude to people. This guy is a learner to banks managers, regional managers, executives directors during MPR... You will wish the floor opens and you enter. Have seen a lady slump during MPR.

Good job with dirty human relations is a very bad Job... Nice one tech Africa.
you de mind the mutula so cos one is an employer or CEO means that individual is godlike na poor labor laws de cause nonsense for Nigeria
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Osilama1: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
Kill who ? Try and be an employer for one day IN NIGERIA, you will understand .... for now shut up!!!

you should shut up rascal... There are ways to maintain sanity without setting the whole place ablaze...

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by henrimoto(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
femijay8271:

hehehehe... Lolz @ 'madam husband' na wetin fit these type of persons be that. The "wonderment" of these kind person be say, after that outburst, the madam brain go dey reset well for your side.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Social media .. hahahahha
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go tell your mama to shut up while playing with your dad's balls .... Imbe-cile !!!

Osilama1:
you should shut up rascal... There are ways to maintain sanity without setting the whole place ablaze...
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by femijay8271(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
alanto:

I shey Davolee

Festival bar
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by femijay8271(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
henrimoto:
hehehehe... Lolz @ 'madam husband' na wetin fit these type of persons be that. The "wonderment" of these kind person be say, after that outburst, the madam brain go dey reset well for your side.

She dey use one kind eye dey look me as sad OMO BURUKU
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by emmy512: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
LandMann:
You'll find same or even worse level of toxicity in virtually most companies and contract firms in Nigeria... They should beam their searchlight on call centre agent workplace. It's where you'll find man's inhumanity to man
Bros abeg expatiate.
Seems you have the full gist
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by ladel(m): 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hopefully churches will learn from this. A General Overseer will be accused of sexual molestation and predatory and all the directors will keep quiet.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by bluefilm: 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Chai...

Dem don use their tweets for Twitter finish this guy.

But e be like say the guy dey very mean so that means he deserves whatever he gets.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by benardtotti(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
tekjansen2:

The truth is that while we need people who get the job done, people also don't like being shouted at, or forced to work without rest and so forth.

Ebun may have been someone who got the job done, but doing it at the expense of people's emotional and psychological health...at the end there would be diminishing returns.

You have time trying to educate a proud fellow.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by pixey(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
Such bosses are needed in Nigeria, most employers will silently hire such a guy because he has what it takes to get the job done....

Good Job Ebun...

I hope you have his type as your current boss.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
I dont have a boss .... sorry

pixey:

I hope you have his type as your current boss.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by ComeToJesus: 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:

Good Job Ebun...

Misery finds company.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by membranus: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
You are the one that needs it.... most Nigerian employees only understand such language ...

You are an employee so you will never understand or comprehend....

Another sadistic boss or pseudo boss sighted.

Your regret date awaits you too.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lol ... keep waiting .... Nigeria needs such boys to help sanitize the "work environment" You want to manage a company in Nigeria as a gentle man... be prepared for losses

membranus:

Another sadistic boss or pseudo boss sighted.

Your regret date awaits you too.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
You will be fine

ComeToJesus:

Misery finds company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary / Andela Sacks 420 Staff In Nigeria, Kenya And Uganda / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.