Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report (31770 Views)

Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying / 7 Signs Of A Toxic Workplace / Tips To Survive A Toxic Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by LikeAking: 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
At d end he lost.

Him think say na only him strong.

All these guys wey never suffer before. Their brains sef.

If u go against ppl, they will also come against you.

3 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by sherylbaky(f): 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?
Yes, he could be suspended by the board.

4 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by WatchYourSix: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
How true is this

Once the baby’s amniotic sac is broken and all the fluid is out...the baby is ready for the lungs mode of breathing...

Why do you think doctors suggest CS when water breaks and there’s no labour for a long time??

cut and clamp that shít!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by jaxin119: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tayo Ogunbusuyi did worst when he was in Notore Chemicals. He's in Honey Well Flour Mill now

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by SocialJustice: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
How true is this
Babies in water have an automatic response that shuts their lungs. That part is true, for the umbilical cord side I can't tell.

I heard the fool wrote an apology. I just feel for all the workers in that Lagos. People are suffering and being treated like animals.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by jubrilELsudan: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
THAT EBUN BOY IS JUST A HE GOAT.

I WILL MAKE SURE THAT NO COMPANY WILL DO ANY KIND OF BUSINESS WITH HIM.

HE HAS OFFICIALLY BECOME CONDEMNED GOODS.

AKWUZU SARS FALL INSIDE HIS ANUS.

2 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
How true is this

The problem is

1.The placenta is discharged from the woman's body some 30 minutes after birth

2.If the placenta is not discharged...it can lead to something called post partum hemmorhage, which can cause severe bleeding....and more problems.

3.There is something called 'delayed cord clamping' which is carried out in some births (eg premature babies)...but the delay is 30-60 seconds.

4.Unless you want the baby to carry the placenta around for 3 days after...with the exposure to potential infection and suchlike....a 3 day 'delay' is effing impossible.

5. The recommendation now is 2 minutes after birth before cutting the cord.

For more information see here : A 2 minute delay benefit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Yancy(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
Such bosses are needed in Nigeria, most employers will silently hire such a guy because he has what it takes to get the job done....

Although he went to the extreme in some cases but i support him 100%

He will be back soon, tougher this time ....

Good Job Ebun...

I think you need a psyche evaluation because you don't seem well my friend. LWTF

6 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by ppogba: 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
How true is this

Did the researcher who came up with this just discovered it?

What has been the implication on those that were born, spent 100 years, are dead and long gone?

Some information are totally irrelevant. This is one of such.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by nnssnnss: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
jaxin119:
Tayo Ogunbusuyi did worst when he was in Notore Chemicals. He's in Honey Well Flour Mill now
His toxic attitude will make the headlines one day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by PrinzAmI(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Parachoko:
...begins an active investigation into the current workplace culture at Bento.

Bento Africa’s Board of Directors has recommended that the Chief Executive Officer, Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo takes some time off and be removed from any people-related decisions for the time being.

This was disclosed in a news release posted on Bento Africa’s website yesterday.

This came after Tech Cabal launched an avalanche against toxic bosses with a story on Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo, the CEO of tech start-up, Bento Africa.

The crackdown on Ebun was a result of alleged verbal abuse, which included unconscionable curse words, refusal to grant leave and time off, erratic termination of appointment without due process – essentially just deactivating their emails and Slack accounts.

He was also accused of allegedly telling laid-off employees that they wouldn’t find work anywhere. Leave days and time off were dismissed as a fallacy, according to the report.

What Bento is saying

https://blog.bento.africa/a-message-from-bento/

https://nairametrics.com/2022/03/24/bento-africa-suspends-ceo-ebunoluwa-okunbanjo-after-toxic-workplace-report/

I HOPE THE VICTIMS GET JUSTICE.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
You are the one that needs it.... most Nigerian employees only understand such language ...

You are an employee so you will never understand or comprehend....

Yancy:

I think you need a psyche evaluation because you don't seem well my friend. LWTF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?

Board of Directors and shareholders can sack a CEO

3 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Ybaby: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
How true is this

This may be true but after 9 months ..... ah !!! baby darling you are cherished so much but mummy sef wants some oxygen.. you are here now, mummy has tried for you... use your lungs jor! Ose dear

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by marsup: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?
Because it's not monopoly.
It's called limited liability.... With shareholders and board of directors. In accordance to the memorandum of association, the CEO, can step down or be suspended, if he/she has been deemed unfit for such role. A vote of no confidence will take place.

9 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Ybaby: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
Such bosses are needed in Nigeria, most employers will silently hire such a guy because he has what it takes to get the job done....

Good Job Ebun...

As sad as this is. It is kinda true for some employees.

Thier Parents beat them so much as kids that if you have not shouted they will not do thier work.

I do not employ this sort of staff because it is like pushing a stone up the hill but these sort of employees are many in the labour market.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by cp3o: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Coolhaywhy:
The beautiful power of social media at work.

Meanwhile, foxes and hyenas have overrun nairaland in an attempt to kill democracy and free speech in Nigeria. May they fail!
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Yancy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:
You are the one that needs it.... most Nigerian employees only understand such language ...

Well thank God I'm in a far better place now, just be careful what you wish for. You can enjoy your institutional abuse the way you wish. Good riddance

5 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by AliuKe: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lol, enjoy your new place

Yancy:

Well thank God I'm in a far better place now, just be careful what you wish for. You can enjoy your institutional abuse the way you wish. Good riddance
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Camelot65: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Dem dey suspend CEO?!

How?
Yes. Board of directors can suspend the CEO if found wanting.

3 Likes

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by GreatrAnalyst: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Social media has its so much good use.
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
more will get it hot from GOD himself and their organization this year

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:

Good Job Ebun...

The truth is that while we need people who get the job done, people also don't like being shouted at, or forced to work without rest and so forth.

Ebun may have been someone who got the job done, but doing it at the expense of people's emotional and psychological health...at the end there would be diminishing returns.

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by inumidun2010(m): 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
SORO SOKE GENERATION be serving IYALAYA ANYBODY .....AS E DEY HOT
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by StagethemTVee: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Na wash wash suspension. Who appointed the supposed board. Ebun still dey in charge and he is the one disciplining himself to calm the fire

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by jacoik(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
femijay8271:
angry I get one madam like dat for vi... She owns a very big restaurant Dis Ebun own na Small for dis woman side. Manager o, Accountant o, Security guards o, every damn person dey fear her just because she knows who is who in the society... But the day wey d tin do me and her Chai angry na accuse she accuse me of wetin I no do... Oooh, e be like say I smoke igbo that day , I Para like area boi for her ... D tin wey she just dey talk & shout na "U WAN BEAT ME, OYA COM BEAT ME" Security guard wey dey her door no even care if I comot madam teeth grin.... Her own don too much... But I later go beg her Sha in the next day and ever since then... All staff begin call me Madam husband grin

Me self con dey do like...
lolxxxxx hahahaha I be mumu. U come dey act oga now abi? Na me go use my hand give your sack letter
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by dele1727: 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
cheesy grin cheesy
Who noticed no one is saying its because of his tribe?

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by GloriousGbola: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
As bros ebun is out of office I hope they won't start uncovering different fraud and embezzlement sha

1 Like

Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by Snitch24(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
How true is this
No Time for all these anymore bro
Re: Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report by masseratti: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliuKe:

Good Job Ebun...

when then tell you say go to school you refused, who told you that the board of directors are his employer?
The guy owns the company but according to law, he can be fired by the board.

There are different kind of ways to motivate employees, not by talking down or been rude to people. This guy is a learner to banks managers, regional managers, executives directors during MPR... You will wish the floor opens and you enter. Have seen a lady slump during MPR.

Good job with dirty human relations is a very bad Job... Nice one tech Africa.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? / Photo Of Firefighters Looking Very Tired After Putting Off The Grenfell Fire / How To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.