Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas (17555 Views)

India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount / Hungary Vows To Block Transit Of Lethal Weapons To Ukraine / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Buliwyf: 8:05am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

Please why don't you tech us.. grin

That guy is daft. He doesn't even know what he is talking about. He is just here to cancel comments emotionally because the discussion is beyond his brain.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

We were talking about gas now...
Who is talking about oil.
Stop contradicting yourself

I think you're confused, since you haven't left the shore of Nigeria before, what you call petrol in Nigeria is called gas in the states, unleaded 93/95 in other countries like Australia, UK and SA.

Gas is used to power heater and electricity.

Oil is used to make diesel, petrol as we popularly call it in Nigeria and other oil by products

Oil in each country are different, some refinery are built to refine certain oil.

A refinery built to refine Saudi oil can't refine Venezuela oil, they are both oils, but not the same.

Before you argue further, use google and stop the childish behavior of calling people boy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by adefitim(m): 8:06am On Mar 26, 2022
Sense.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by olas24u(f): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2022
[quote author=obedience4 post=111378273]

From BBC.. Via Poland.. Were the did president of Poland and Sweden enter into Ukraine last week..
You people think Ukraine is one village.. Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe..
Weapons are entering Ukraine as will speak
Was president biden not at a Town close to the Ukraine border just yesterday..
You Putin sons don't be sad Ukraine will March strong[/quote
Lies, Russia can see and controls the air in the war.sweden has land and waterways ,so its easy ro move around in europe.They are not targets.The weapons are a target.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by obedience4(m): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Mauripol not muripol is taken and Kiev is surrounded contrary to what you are been fed on a daily. Russia blew an oil depot in Kiev and a military base, you can google this, we all have google and its free of charge.

This is not English class grin..
When the Russians took kershon, they posted it in their ministry of defense official page on Twitter..
Even the Ukraine also confirmed it..
Show me proof that a Russia official saying they have capture mauripol...
When I said offensive I mean ground movement..
Not shooting missiles.. A rocket can be fired from Russia into Kiev..
that is what the Russians are doing shooting missiles everywhere killing civilians..
Why they can't advance on the grounds
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by NEROSKY(m): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2022
I thought Germany is powerhouse of europe, not knowing is Russia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:09am On Mar 26, 2022
If you refuse it, hunger and death will deal with you and your people! No choice!
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Johnrake69: 8:11am On Mar 26, 2022
Buliwyf:
Some people will start jumping up and down on this thread. Hungary doesn't even matter in Europe. Of course they are not as rich as the other countries so they can't reject Russian gas. And the president is facing an upcoming election so he will say anything.

The moment other big European powers shift from Russian gas, Hungary will quietly follow.

Shift to where? You guys don't understand how economies work. Replacing 50% of your energy supply is not even possible within 3years without sending the cost of your energy so high.

Russia feeds Europe with cheap gas. Economies are just recovering from COVID-19 lock down. No economy is in a position to move away. Even UK with all their disdain for Putin will continue to buy until end of year which could be extended. Hunger and cold go kill Europeans. Make winter come first. It's in their best interest to have a diplomatic solution in Ukraine.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 8:11am On Mar 26, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Maybe you should try read more.

Poland is already linking its gas pipe to Norway via Denmark and the process will be completed by end of 2022

https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/03/10/poland-will-be-independent-from-russian-gas-in-six-months-says-pm/

Other European nation are also working at reducing their dependence on Russia

Poland that buys gas from Russia, continue wallowing in delusion. Poland is crying they have a contract and they will pay as stipulated by the contract, yet you're here lying to yourself that polish who her citizen works cheap labour in Europe has abundance of gas

4 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Idaytesj29(m): 8:12am On Mar 26, 2022
Buliwyf:

What is the economic outputs of those countries? [/b]Why can't you guys see beyond your nose?[b] You think like Putin that totally miscalculated and didn't see that this war will achieve what America has always wanted in Europe. Most of the pipelines supplying gas to those countries are actually delivering to France and Germany and those small countries piggyback on it. Do you think the gas companies will be able to keep maintaining those pipelines at a cheap cost without the two powerhouses in Europe?

Poland has been praying for this for a long time and now they have gotten their wish. It won't take long and only a little incentive for those small countries to join once there is an alternative. In the end they might even have something to bargain against Russia with. No matter how you look at it, Russia has lost its energy influence. It will only take time for it to be very obvious.

Let's assume EU is not buying Russian gas. So, you think she will not sell her gas? Have you thought about Russia bringing the price of her gas further down to further tie EU to her patronage ?

This is a long economic war. We are still at the early stage.

Mind you Russia is no third world country that runs scrambling over sanctions or diplomatic gang up of some bully nations. She is used to that, and despite it, she has done incredibly well for herself.

@the bolded, please I don't trade insults. Comment your opinion freely, share your thoughts, you are not compelled to accept my opinion or thoughts and I'm not compelled to accept yours. So, no stylish insults pls.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by 4ckyou: 8:14am On Mar 26, 2022
godofuck231:
It is clear that Russia has been the powerhouse of europw not the uk

exactly, just like how Nigeria is the powerhouse of Africa but other countries think it's south Africa
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by obedience4(m): 8:15am On Mar 26, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

I think you're confused, since you haven't left the shore of Nigeria before, what you call petrol in Nigeria is called gas in the states, unleaded 93/95 in other countries like Australia, UK and SA.

Gas is used to power heater and electricity.

Oil is used to make diesel, petrol as we popularly call it in Nigeria and other oil by products

Oil in each country are different, some refinery are built to refine certain oil.

A refinery built to refine Saudi oil can't refine Venezuela oil, they are both oils, but not the same.

Before you argue further, use google and stop the childish behavior of calling people boy.

You are just beating around the Bush without any clear landing
So you don't know the difference between gas and petroleum products..
Russia has the largestv natural gas deposit of any nation..
Why Saudi largest petroleum products deposit.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 8:15am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

When the Russians took kershon, they posted it in their ministry of defense official page on Twitter..
that is what the Russians are doing shooting missiles everywhere killing civilians..

In the East, much of the coastline along the Sea of Azov is also under Russian territory, barring Mariupol, which is home to one of the largest ports of Ukraine. Melitopol and Berdyansk along Azov were taken over by Russian forces just days after the invasion began, The Guardian has reported

By the time Russia is done, Ukraine will be landlocked, have no air control, the part they took will be part of Russia forever, just as they did Crimea, they will wait for another provocation before going on the offensive to take more.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Penywise(m): 8:15am On Mar 26, 2022
epondudu:
My citizens First
This is the real definition of a leader.

If it's buhari, my tribe and Niger republic first.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Buliwyf: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2022
Johnrake69:

Shift to where? You guys don't understand how economies work. Replacing 50% of your energy supply is not even possible within 3years without sending the cost of your energy so high.

Russia feeds Europe with cheap gas. Economies are just recovering from COVID-19 lock down. No economy is in a position to move away. Even UK with all their disdain for Putin will continue to buy until end of year which could be extended. Hunger and cold go kill Europeans. Make winter come first. It's in their best interest to have a diplomatic solution in Ukraine.

So you think the shift I am talking about will occur within a year, right? That's your interpretation of what I wrote?

Trust me, Russia has lost its energy influence over Europe. It's only a matter of time for it to reflect. And if Russia losses then it's bargaining power over even countries like Hungary will diminish. Even Putin knows this and that's why he is complaining about being cancelled.

The US has been trying to do this for years but Putin handed it to them on a platter.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

You are just beating around the Bush without any clear landing
So you don't know the difference between gas and petroleum products..
Russia has the largestv natural gas deposit of any nation..
Why Saudi largest petroleum products deposit.

You said nothing to counter what I said, stop wasting my time, its clear you have zero knowledge of what you're talking about

2 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by obedience4(m): 8:19am On Mar 26, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

In the East, much of the coastline along the Sea of Azov is also under Russian territory, barring Mariupol, which is home to one of the largest ports of Ukraine. Melitopol and Berdyansk along Azov were taken over by Russian forces just days after the invasion began, The Guardian has reported

Odesa remains the economic hub of Ukraine..
There lies there sea ports..
Russia will never take odesa..

I know you Will say this is propaganda.. But this morning Russia said its offensive will now be restricted to the donbass region..
You can confirm yourself..
Cheers mate..
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by olas24u(f): 8:19am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

This is false ,they already control the city and have a corridor where people are passing to safety.Russia is not killing civilans

5 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by obedience4(m): 8:21am On Mar 26, 2022
olas24u:

This is false ,the already control the city and have a corridor where people are passing to safety.Russia is not killing civilans

Lady please tell us your source??

1 Like

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Buliwyf: 8:22am On Mar 26, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Let's assume EU is not buying Russian gas. So, you think she will not sell her gas? Have you thought about Russia bringing the price of her gas further down to further tie EU to her patronage ?

This is a long economic war. We are still at the early stage.

Mind you Russia is no third world country that runs scrambling over sanctions or diplomatic gang up of some bully nations. She is used to that, and despite it, she has done incredibly well for herself.

@the bolded, please I don't trade insults. Comment your opinion freely, share your thoughts, you are not compelled to accept my opinion or thoughts and I'm not compelled to accept yours. So, no stylish insults pls.

Russia is doing incredibly well because it has a very huge country with lots of natural resources.

You realize that there is only a finite number of countries in the world right? How many countries will buy your orders if most decide to trade with your competitors just to spite you. Ask Venezuela what it's like to be shunned. Even they are stylishly happy Russia goofed and they can benefit from it.

And if other competitors increase their capacity to meet your rejected demand over a period, it might be hard to ever get that market share back and that will mean no money to maintain your output and that will spiral into all other sorts of problems.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by olas24u(f): 8:23am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

Lady please tell us your source??

Asian times,indian times,TASs,Spunik.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by obedience4(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2022
olas24u:

Asian times,indian times,TASs,Spunik.

Pro Russia outlets..
grin grin
It OK sha..

1 Like

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Johnrake69: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2022
Buliwyf:

So you think the shift I am talking about will occur within a year, right? That's your interpretation of what I wrote?

Trust me, Russia has lost its energy influence over Europe. It's only a matter of time for it to reflect. And if Russia losses then it's bargaining power over even countries like Hungary will diminish. Even Putin knows this and that's why he is complaining about being cancelled.

The US has been trying to do this for years but Putin handed it to them on a platter.

Today's capitalist economies are run on the backdrop of cheap supplies. If only you understood what this means. Energy supply is a material cost in every economy. Africa can't compete with Russia for European market cost wise. Alot of deals will be going on through the back door. Even after they announce a shift.

Remember Russia supplies arms too. Russia is too big to be sidelined. The earlier they all find a diplomatic solution the better for everyone involved.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Nuslee2004: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2022
Leadership in action.

1 Like

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by olas24u(f): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

Pro Russia outlets..
grin grin
It OK sha..

But the western press ,are not balancing the stories ,but you actually get facts from independent media outlets
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by ayindejimmy(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Poland that buys gas from Russia, continue wallowing in delusion. Poland is crying they have a contract and they will pay as stipulated by the contract, yet you're here lying to yourself that polish who her citizen works cheap labour in Europe has abundance of gas

I give up on you. You don't read
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Deeprooted: 8:30am On Mar 26, 2022
What steps have Hypocritic US and UK taken to broker peace between the two waring parts?

They keep adding fuel to the fire �

UN too is not helping matters at all!

7 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Idaytesj29(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2022
Buliwyf:

Russia is doing incredibly well because it has a very huge country with lots of natural resources.

You realize that there is only a finite number of countries in the world right? How many countries will buy your orders if most decide to trade with your competitors just to spite you. Ask Venezuela what it's like to be shunned. Even they are stylishly happy Russia goofed and they can benefit from it.

Thank God its nature and God that give these resources and not USA, cos she would have used her sanctions to take it back.

About Venezuela, do you rem what led to that situation? Venezuela under Nicolas Maduro tried to negotiate oil deals with other nations without the use of USD as means of payment. This led to American sanction and boycott of her oil as america rallied her allies- (co bullies) to the boycott. The situation is not caused by the forces of demand and supply, it was influenced by the US.

The same way she is trying to go with Russia. But Russia isn't Venezuela.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 26, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
The reason why Russia exudes exuberance is because of its oil and gas. It has seen the dependence of the EU on its oil. That's why the EU has invested a lot in electric cars.
The sanctions will benefit Nigeria. That's why we need a young diplomat that can reach out to the EU and strike a better gas supply deal. We have no leader and no diplomat. Senseless men in agbada seizing power that they cannot use effectively.
The Chinese are cashing out on these sanctions big league.
Fact be told, no one wants to invite a pissing old man to a high table meeting. They are seeing all these piss piss pictures. A man who stools in high level gatherings cannot build up enough confidence to close a deal. Forget tribalism, see growth. Nigerians are suffering already.

BTW I have a rolex watch deep sea. Spent 15k dollars on it about 6 years ago. I wanna know how much I could sell it in naija if I should run outta cash and don't need to take a loan.
you can't compare pipeline gas deal n shipping gas deal.

The Europeans will opt for peace insteay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by sunboy(m): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2022
This is interesting, especially that it’s coming from a NATO and EU member. Even though Hungary knows that the NATO pledge covers them, they still chose otherwise… this is indeed interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by olas24u(f): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2022
Johnrake69:

Today's capitalist economies are run on the backdrop of cheap supplies. If only you understood what this means. Energy supply is a material cost in every economy. Africa can't compete with Russia for European market cost wise. Alot of deals will be going on through the back door. Even after they announce a shift.

Remember Russia supplies arms too. Russia is too big to be sidelined. The earlier they all find a diplomatic solution the better for everyone involved.

7million barrels of oil per day ,is not a joke of a country.
Re: Peter Szijjarto: Hungary Won't Refuse Russian Oil And Gas by Buliwyf: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thank God its nature and God that give these resources and not USA, cos she would have used her sanctions to take it back.

About Venezuela, do you rem what led to that situation? Venezuela under Nicolas Maduro tried to negotiate oil deals with other nations without the use of USD as means of payment. This led to American sanction and boycott of her oil as america rallied her allies- (co bullies) to the boycott. The situation is not caused by the forces of demand and supply, it was influenced by the US.

The same way she is trying to go with Russia. But Russia isn't Venezuela.

No that's not what happened. The US just wanted to get rid of the Maduro government because it was vehemently anti-US just like Hugo Chavez before him. And that's what led to the whole issue. Russia is going through the same phase Venezuela is going through. If care is not taken with all the sanctions they might start seeing double-digit inflation too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Former President George HW Bush Admitted To Hospital In Maine / Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) / India Enters First Recession In 73 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.