Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,077 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says (680 Views)

Pope Says Ukraine Should Have The ‘Courage Of The White Flag’ / Zelensky Says Ukraine Ready To Discuss Deal / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by moneycentral20: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
After a month of fighting that’s yielded limited territorial gains, the Russian military said it’s focusing efforts on taking full control of Ukraine’s Donbas region, potentially a sign it’s backing away from hopes of taking larger swathes of the country.

“Our forces will focus on the main thing – the complete liberation of Donbas,” Sergei Rudskoi, first deputy chief of the General Staff, said Friday, according to the Interfax news service.

Saying the operation is “successful,” Rudskoi claimed Russian troops have surrounded several major cities but deliberately didn’t seek to take them, instead aiming to pin Ukrainian troops down.

His comments were the most detailed official accounting of Russian military performance since the Feb. 24 invasion. Kyiv and its western allies have portrayed Moscow’s military drive as stalled by fierce Ukrainian resistance, as well as poor planning and logistics.

Read more: https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/russia-says-ukraine-operation-focused-on-donbas-interfax-says/

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Gentlerespect76: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
It seems to me that Russia in this military invasion of Ukraine is using a-slap-on-the-wrist approach in dealing with the Ukrainian army, which to me is a good thing. The Ukrainians should just quickly meet the terms of Russia so as to end this. It has been a long month for the two brothers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Truvelisback(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
They are focusing on Dumb ass. grin

8 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Padipadi: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rubbish. They ll not get Donbass & lose Crimea too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by seanfer(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
So all the soldiers killed in Mariupol, and other cities just went there to die for Donbas and Donetsk?

9 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by seanfer(m): 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
It seems to me that Russia in this military invasion of Ukraine is using a-slap-on-the-wrist approach in dealing with the Ukrainian army, which to me is a good thing. The Ukrainians should just quickly meet the terms of Russia so as to end this. It has been a long month for the two brothers.

It won’t be a bad idea if you go join the Russian Army to deal with Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by abobote: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Russia and Putin are out of options,
Power drunked Putin, exaggerated his power

5 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by abobote: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Russia should retreat, coz they can't win this war

4 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Jostoman: 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ukraine should be at alert because this might just be a mind game from Russia trying to catch you people unaware. So stay focused and don't loose guard.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Aufbauh(m): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
Russia don't jam rock, just making flimsy excuse. Dombas my Arse!

4 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Gentlerespect76: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
seanfer:

It won’t be a bad idea if you go join the Russian Army to deal with Ukraine.
You no like me at all grin
Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by sosanova: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Russia military incompetence has been exposed by their illegal and unwanted invasion of Ukraine, the invasion is no long going as plan ,they are now changing the narratives that they have achieved their objectives.
Putin is a confused mad man,
Why not invade only Donbass if that was the objective , why invade the entire Ukraine where thousands of Russian soldiers have lost their lives and also asking Ukraine to surrender their cities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by christistruth01: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Even in Donbass and Crimea the Russians will be driven out

2 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by ryloy: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
In other words,

Ukraine Forces defeated Russia Military

2 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by christistruth01: 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
seanfer:
So all the soldiers killed in Mariupol, and other cities just went there to die for Donbas and Donetsk?

Putin no hear Word

The Families of the Soldiers will all pounce on Putin when they discover what he has done to their loved ones

No amount of Compensation will Pacify them
especially as Putin's own kids are in Switzerland

2 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by ivolt: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
It seems to me that Russia in this military invasion of Ukraine is using [b]a-slap-on-the-wrist [/b]approach in dealing with the Ukrainian army, which to me is a good thing. The Ukrainians should just quickly meet the terms of Russia so as to end this. It has been a long month for the two brothers.
Yes, it is a slap on the wrist to use hypersonic missiles against a country with no functions missile defense system.
You are just like your master Putin, any setback is simply part of the strategy.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by SeeThisLoser: 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Truvelisback:
They are focusing on Dumb ass. grin

Yes, you got it right - DUMB ASS POOTIN grin grin
Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Gentlerespect76: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
ivolt:

Yes, it is a slap on the wrist to use hypersonic missiles against a country with no functions missile defense system.
You are just like your master Putin, any setback is simply part of the strategy.
Haa, you dey knock me hard bro grin
Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by infofta(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
Putin is waking up to reality.
Regime change is impossible. Even Donbas will be a long battle too. Putin miscalculated, his economy and military show of shame is a disaster.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Ojiofor: 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
USA and their NATO GANG have foiled Putin's plans for Ukraine partially so it makes sense to Russia restrategize their war game.
Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by Frankiss44(m): 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Na lie. Baba has been exposed and he just wan safe face.. Na his Russia wan fight NATO so? Smh

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by SarkinYarki: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
It was always about securing the separatist regions and clearing out all Nazis ...the second phase will now be regime change.
Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by sapientia(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It was always about securing the separatist regions and clearing out all Nazis ...the second phase will now be regime change.

So which city have they taken completely now?
Re: Russia Says Ukraine Operation Focused On Donbas, Interfax Says by leofab(f): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2022
The guy above me…

(1) (Reply)

Pope’s Astronomer Says He Would Baptise An Alien If It Asked Him / Is The World Economy Out Of Recession Yet / Is Obama Planning To Run For Third Term As A President? Read What He Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.