Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release (354 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement: We‘ll Be Victorious Tomorrow – Labour Party Declares / Lamidi Apapa Takes Over Labour Party, Declares Self As National Chairman / Alleged Nigeria Police Strike Action Is Fake News - NPF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by jumper524(m): 8:23am On Mar 26, 2022
The African Action Congress on Wednesday declared its support for police officers planning to go on strike in the country, and called for the release of Inspector Adebimpe Olorundare who was said to have been arrested as one of the organizers of the strike action.

In a statement released by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Adeyeye Olorunfemi, titled, “maximum solidarity with striking police officers;total support for March 26 nationwide protests at police stations and Eagle Square, Abuja,” the party said it was time to stand with the policemen who were planning to go on strike.

It added that the men and women of the Nigerian Police Force had taken a bold step and must not be abandoned.

“It’s time to stand fully with our Policemen who have come to the revolutionary light and are planning to go on strike and protest till their demands are met.

“These men and women have taken this bold step and must not be abandoned,” Adeyeye said.

He listed the demands of the police as; immediate implementation of the announced salary structure; proper payment of pension and other emoluments for retired officers; adequate welfare, better conditions of work and renovation of barracks; provision of modern equipment and weapons to fight crime, so as to prevent the unfortunate killing of police officers by criminal gangs in the country; and adequate compensation to families of police officers who have died in the line of duty.

Adeyeye said that the President Buhari regime “must stop lying about increasing the salaries of the police while it does not reflect in their take-home.”
He further concluded by asking activists to show support for the police, and charged the Nigerian Police Force to stop the harassment and intimidation of the aggrieved officers.
“To every activist who have been demanding that the Police workers organize themselves in a Union and fight for better working conditions, the time to show solidarity is now.

“For us at African Action Congress – Nigeria, we are ready to march with the oppressed workers of the Nigerian Police any day, anytime.

“It is to this end, we demand the immediate release of one Inspector Adebimpe Olorundare, identified already as one of the organizers, and that the Nigerian Police Force stop further intimidation and harassment of protesting officers.

“The Police bureaucrats must desist forthwith, from making an already bad situation worse.

“Shouldn’t it be clear to the Buhari regime by now that you can’t arrest the people’s yearning for freedom? We are in this together and we shall overcome together,” Adeyeye said.
“To every activist who have been demanding that the Police workers organize themselves in a Union and fight for better working conditions, the time to show solidarity is now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/police-strike-party-declares-support-calls-for-inspectors-release/%3famp

Re: Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by Codeye(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2022
Today is 26th March. Guess they got bullied, I.would have joine their protest...online of course. I no fit die for police matter abeg
Re: Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by Nendans: 8:25am On Mar 26, 2022
shocked shocked
Sweetheart this country is mean
Re: Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by Xhuntra: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2022
Any policeman caught protesting or striking should be shot and killed.
Re: Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by chatinent: 8:34am On Mar 26, 2022
Not like I care for the police tho since it will not stop them from robbing motorists.
Re: Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by jumper524(m): 8:38am On Mar 26, 2022
The way I criticized Jonathan govt so badly thinking leadership was our only problem back in 2014 made me mum when I saw worst leadership in buharis govt.
Yeah I study finance and I understand the fact that we don't generate as much as we consume even at the lowest. But the recent downturn of economic hardship shows this govt has no foresight or plans. No brains and commitment towards the future. They had a lot of year's before now to avert this crisis but absolutely nothing to show for. Can someone explain to me how the official rate of naira to dollar is 415 while the black market is 590?? Even in ghana that the official rate is 7.2 ghc(413naira) the black market is 8.1ghc(530naira) And yet the govt are clumsy in addressing this major setback causing economic hardship. The way price of things doubled between January and February no be here.
I don't know who advises the cbn or what exactly is the reason our naira is falling so badly but this current inflation is not caused by excess cash in the economy.
I don't understand why there would be cash shortage and yet inflation is on steady high..
Re: Police Strike: Party Declares Support, Calls For Inspector’s Release by Gentlerespect76: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2022
Xhuntra:
Any policeman caught protesting or striking should be shot and killed.
The executioner; bro you no get joy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Set To Woo Top Blockchain Companies With Free Trade Zones / Amechi Is The Only Igbo Man That The North Can Vote For ? / Breaking: Cubana Chiefpriest Arrested By EFCC Over Money Laundering, Tax Fraud C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.