Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17467 Views)

God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu / Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
SwissMass:
when is fornication? in marriage or before marriage
The reference in Matthew 19 vs 1 -11 is obviously for the married. undecided
for·ni·ca·tion

sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.
undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is false! undecided

Fornication instead means sexual intercourse with a one who one is not married to. So when a married man engages in sexual intercourse with a woman that is not his wife, he is said to be guilty of fornication. undecided

And as Jesus Christ clearly explained to you in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11, divorce is allowed for those married, in the New Covenant, in the case of fornication and fornication alone. undecided
Heeeeeee are you serious? bros your cup is full, empty it, stop being ignorance (ignoring available knowledge) use your dictionary,
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The reference in Matthew 19 vs 1 -11 is obviously for the married. undecided
undecided
So fornication is also a married man sleeping with unmarried lady? right.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
SwissMass:
Heeeeeee are you serious? bros your cup is full, empty it, stop being ignorance (ignoring available knowledge) use your dictionary,
What cup is full abeg? undecided

I am afraid I based it even on what is dictionary meaning of the word, so I am not certain what you seem to be having issues with. undecided

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
SwissMass:
So fornication is also a married man sleeping with unmarried lady? right.
Yes... or a married man sleeping with a married lady who he is not married to. undecided

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
[s]
SwissMass:
[/s]

bigotry today
preacher tomorrow
typical yoruba Christianity
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes... or a married man sleeping with a married lady who he is not married to. undecided
From Wikipedia

Fornication is generally consensual sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other. [1][2] When one or more of the partners having consensual sexual intercourse is married to another person, it is called adultery .
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
From Wikipedia

Fornication is generally consensual sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other. [1][2] When one or more of the partners having consensual sexual intercourse is married to another person, it is called adultery .
Well, even your definition from Wikipedia there states exactly what I said to you earlier. And if comprehend what is explained there, you will then understand why it is apt for the law as given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11 undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 7:42am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, even your definition from Wikipedia there states exactly what I said to you earlier. And if comprehend what is explained there, you will then understand why it is apt for the law as given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11 undecided
What are you saying, you are talking about comprehension when simple statement eludes you, from the definition, sex between people not married is called fornication, to explain it further and simplify it, it said that if any of the party is married, it is called adultery, that is why I said you should empty your cup to be able to receive more.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
What are you saying, you are talking about comprehension when simple statement eludes you, from the definition, sex between people not married is called fornication, to explain it further and simplify it, it said that if any of the party is married, it is called adultery, that is why I said you should empty your cup to be able to receive more.
You need comprehension in order to understand what Jesus Christ Himself, God's New Covenant Law, is telling you even there in the book of Matthew. undecided

Jesus Christ redefined for His disciples what the word adultery means... in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 for instance, He said adultery instead now refers to, this for His followers, the sin of sexual lust. Later in that same context, of Matthew 5 vs 29 - 32, Jesus Christ gave other meanings to the world adultery, in regards to the remarriage of those divorced. Then later in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11, Jesus Christ again gives about 2 more definitions for the sin of adultery.

Fornication, as the dictionary and also wiki explains to you is sexual intercourse between people not married to each other, and not just people who are both unmarried. I suggest you go back through the dictionary and the wiki to be sure you properly comprehend the information presented you. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
Are you talking about Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. if yes, notice there is fornication there, which happens before marriage, that means a woman that have committed fornication (not a virgin) can be divorce but immediately after marriage nothing like divorce, you also see adultery there, that married people sleeping around. it is a simple verse

My brother, it's not a simple verse as u r saying in the last paragraph of ur comment.
Hw can you reconcile the word "adultery" there if the woman was yet to be married as you said?
It says if the woman that is put away on fornication ground is remarried,she commits "adultery" not "fornication" again.
Now, what does that tells you?
At the same time,the man that sent her away if he is married to another woman also commits adultery.

This implies that,the two of them were already married to each other before the divorce.Hence, any relationship again outside the two of them is treated as "adultery" (married) and not "fornication" (unmarried).
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Janosky: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pacesetter123:

My brother, it's not a simple verse as u r saying in the last paragraph of ur comment.
Hw can you reconcile the word "adultery" there if the woman was yet to be married as you said?
It says if the woman that is put away on fornication ground is remarried,she commits "adultery" not "fornication" again.
At the same time,the man that sent her away if he is married to another woman also commits adultery.

This implies that,the two of them were already married to each other before the divorce.Hence, any relationship again outside the two of them is treated as "adultery" (married) and not "fornication" (unmarried).

Oga, the Greek word referenced as "fornication" has a broader meaning that refers to all kinds of sexual relationship outside of marriage.

If I type the actual Greek word here, the Mods may ban me.
But, If you Google "Matthew 19:9 Biblehub" and scroll down to lexicon, you will see the actual word I'm talking about.

Shalom.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pacesetter123:

Alright brother, this verse have other corroborating verses in the Bible, the standard of the Lord is that He doesn't want fornication before marriage, naturally there is no way you can know a man that have committed fornication but for a woman you can know that was why a lady that have committed fornication can be put away, it is also in Deuteronomy, so what it means there is that a woman that have lost her virginity can be divorce especially if she didn't tell you before marriage, so after the marriage if she tells you, no more divorce or you wouldn't remarry.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Janosky: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
Alright brother, this verse have other corroborating verses in the Bible, the standard of the Lord is that He doesn't want fornication before marriage, naturally there is no way you can know a man that have committed fornication but for a woman you can know that was why a lady that have committed fornication can be put away, it is also in Deuteronomy, so what it means there is that a woman that have lost her virginity can be divorce especially if she didn't tell you before marriage, so after the marriage if she tells you, no more divorce or you wouldn't remarry.

Oga, the Greek word referenced as "fornication" has a broader meaning referencing any sexual relationship outside of marriage.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pacesetter123:
Please stop playing him. Look up the meaning of the word fornication in the dictionary, it is used to define sexual intercourse between two people who are not married to each other...not necessarily unmarried. undecided

Abeg, make una no dey confuse una selves. When a married man or woman has sex with a man or woman who he or she is not married to, fornication is aptly the word to use in that situation. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, the Greek word referenced as "fornication" has a broader meaning referencing any sexual relationship outside of marriage.
So what is adultery? remember both were mentioned in this scripture, are you saying adultery and fornication are the same in Greek? The same scenario is in Deuteronomy 22 from verse 13
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
So what is adultery? remember both were mentioned in this scripture, are you saying adultery and fornication are the same in Greek? The same scenario is in Deuteronomy 22 from verse 13
Adultery is as Jesus Christ defined it for you in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 and Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11. undecided

He, Jesus Christ, gave the word at least 4 different meanings for you in those passages, this after invalidating it's old meaning, the meaning that applied in the Old Covenant Law of Moses. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Adultery is as Jesus Christ defined it for you in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 and Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11. undecided

He, Jesus Christ, gave the word at least 4 different meanings for you in those passages, this after invalidating it's old meaning, the meaning that applied in the Old Covenant Law of Moses. undecided
Jesus was addressing men that are married in Matthew 5, check verse 11, 15, 16, 19, He was saying men, men, then in verse 28 He said women, then in verse 31 He confirmed it by saying whosoever shall put away his wife, do you talk to unmarried people about putting away the wife they never had?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
Jesus was addressing men that are married in Matthew 5, check verse 11, 15, 16, 19, He was saying men, men, then in verse 28 He said women, then in verse 31 He confirmed it by saying whosoever shall put away his wife, do you talk to unmarried people about putting away the wife they never had?
I don't follow this your reasoning at all. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't follow this your reasoning at all. undecided
of course you can't, I know you can follow it no matter how glaring it might be, a full cup can collect more.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:
of course you can't, I know you can follow it no matter how glaring it might be, a full cup can collect more.
You are not making sense of any kind. The laws dictated to His followers in Matthew 5 do not all have to do with just the men folk or the married. undecided

So I can't follow you warped attempt at pretending his pronunciations in that context fit into what is your delusion here. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Janosky: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
SwissMass:

Oga,I earlier said the Greek word translated "fornication" at Matthew 19:9, references "all sexual relationship outside of marriage.
For instance, no married couple commits fornication,incest, adultery etc with his/her spouse.
Do you understand that?
Please check Greek interlinear lexicon g4202 & your understanding of Matthew 19:9 will be more illuminated.

Shalom.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by JimmyfixDesigns: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
Emergingnation3:
pls Can you show us this clause ?

Well, Love is the greatest law. And forgiveness is part of love. God forgives us everyday. So, as a christian, if its possible for you to forgive your cheating mate, its good. But if you cannot, you have done nothing wrong. This is a reasoning based on LOVE.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God, So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??
God hates divorce yet God allowed divorce, this since He cursed marriage, making it of this world and not of His Kingdom, from the beginning - Genesis 3 vs 16b. Even God was forced to divorce Israel at some point, this before He took her back to Himself later on - Jeremiah 3 vs 8 undecided

That said, in Jesus Christ, divorce is not a sin, and so, and neither is marriage meant as a prison of sorts for anyone. Most importantly, marriage is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 -36 - meaning that whatever end meets your marriage, so long as you do not sin, it does not impact your relationship with God in any way. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

END Of SEARCH - Matrix Decoded / God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.