Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17374 Views)

If God Hates Sin So Much, Then Why Does He Let It Multiply? / God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
HRprof:

Religious slave !! The Bible that gives you headaches to understand is peoples experience composed by someone like you. Write your own Bible for others to read and learn Ewu !!
[/s] Another emotional idiòt
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
sonofthunder:

The wickedness of man can never stop the goodness of God.

The Bible encourages us to be positive and to dwell on things of virtue..... Though difficult, it's very possible.

I just wished the evidences were available to make him dance to the music. The inhumanity of humans to one another is often unthinkable

I hurriedly deleted her pictures because I feared he would use it to blackmail her. He changed his password the moment he got hold of his phone and I got nothing. Absolutely nothing
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by showboy25(m): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes, I love your comment. That is why God instructed us to marry a person that we share the same faith, if one marry The same faith as he's/ hers, there would not be a divorce. Many of us don't just know what marriage is, many people think marriage is just to marry a beautiful lady, handsome guy, wealthy spouse and so on. My people, marriage is a convenient between ourselves and that is connected to God.
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD and Value your soul , it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
My Dear, that is absolutely your concern.

My duty is put out GOD'S Word Unadulterated, showing you the Path to Life and Death.
Your Duty is to Choose the Path you wanna follow.
GOD'S duty is to put you where you belongs based on the Choice you made.

The same God that gave a complete stranger, a prostitute access to touch his feet will help me my dear brother in Christ.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Wuppdex: 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
Blacks and religion, no wonder we remained backward. SAD
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

Just to add personal experiences,

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Share your thoughts people of God.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by HRprof: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Another emotional idiòt
Brainwashed F00L shocked grin

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That doesn't change the fact that there ain't no imaginary creature.. cheesy

I have no problem with you voicing your opinions from the mountain top........ But always remember its inferior people that usually find it hard to drop their superiority complex even when they are really at the bottom of the ladder..... Cherry on
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
sonofthunder:

I have no problem with you voicing your opinions from the mountain top........ But always remember its inferior people that usually find it hard to drop their superiority complex even when they are really at the bottom of the ladder..... Cherry on
Simple..then you shouldn't have quoted me.. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mbo07:

I hurriedly deleted her pictures because I feared he would use it to blackmail her. He changed his password the moment he got hold of his phone and I got nothing. Absolutely nothing

The most important thing you need to focus on right now is your healing/recovery. Try and overcome all of that bitterness and anger..... I can tell issues weren't handled properly by appropriate authorities but don't allow that to deter you.

You are stronger than you know.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
djon78:

That's how Africans that were introduced Christianity wants to be more Catholic than the Pope

We carry everything for head while we were not even the originators of Christianity

Oyibo man that brought us Christianity married, divorces and remarries anyhow

Even there popular Pastors

I remember Pastor Paula white has been married now three times

She is in her 3rd marriage
Yet heaven didn't fall

Africans will want to overdo things yet even the basic laws of loving and respecting one another, they can't do that

Untill it happens to them.... Everyone else doesn't know God as well as they do
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Simple..then you shouldn't have quoted me.. undecided

Back @ you
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by djon78(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mbo07:

Untill it happens to them.... Everyone else doesn't know God as well as they do

They don't even know God.

God's basic law is Love. How many of them work in love, all they know is to condemn and quote out scriptures.

I don't even take many of the things they even say.
God is in our heart, and through that we know what God wants us to do per time.

I have been in situations where I really want to get even with people that did me wrong, but a gentle tapping inside me will gently tell me, no don't.
I don't need anyone to tell me it's God.

Many of them don't know God. It's more of do s and don't s preached by men they know.

They will claim righteous but absolutely no man on this Earth is righteous, irrespective of what they claim to be. Only God is righteous, no human being is righteous on there own

3 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by thunderbabs: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
Marriage issues between husbands and wives is a very thick issue that has no definitive answer or solution.

Husband and wife who claim to be xtristians have different level of faith and these level of faith would also influence individual decisions when the issues of life strikes them both.

Life has become more intense than the days of old.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Lari03r(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
My Dear, that is absolutely your concern.

My duty is put out GOD'S Word Unadulterated, showing you the Path to Life and Death.
Your Duty is to Choose the Path you wanna follow.
GOD'S duty is to put you where you belongs based on the Choice you made.

I want to ask you a totally unrelated question. If a person anointed as a pastor misleads a person, who bears the blame?

Secondly, there's a trend in Pentecostal churches where they have marriage committees, is this scriptural?

Third question, When an unwanted pregnancy comes into the world is the soul also regarded as unwanted by God?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by 1forall: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,
Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

I've seen/heard this God-hates-divorce theory countless times . I want to ask, please, where did God say so? In the Bible or a prophecy?

Or is it a religious saying that has repeatedly been projected onto God and which has found acceptability among Christians?

I'm curious.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by amuwo1980: 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
Everything have its consequences and u can’t control all the variables, after the divorce what next ? The next marriage might be more difficult than the previous one so it is not a light decision, divorce is not something to be proud of , may God forgive us all our sins and grant us mercy .
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Uprightness100(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lari03r:

I want to ask you a totally unrelated question. If a person anointed as a pastor misleads a person, who bears the blame?
Brother, The Decision of who to marry is in your hands. Irrespective of who gives u Direction, it's solely in your hands. Any true Pastor who tells you about a Partner, will also ask you to Pray about it for Confirmation.

Secondly, there's a trend in Pentecostal churches where they have marriage committees, is this scriptural?
Marriage Committe is a Department in the Church just like every other Department in the Church. They have their roles and Funxtion.

Third question, When an unwanted pregnancy comes into the world is the soul also regarded as unwanted by God?

Sex outside Marriage is Fornication . It is Immorality and it is a Sin. Having Said that, the Product that comes from it is not responsible for the act, so he/she cannot be unwanted by GOD.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Lari03r(m): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

Brother, The Decision of who to marry is in your hands. Irrespective of who gives u Direction, it's solely in your hands. Any true Pastor who tells you about a Partner, will also ask you to Pray about it for Confirmation.

Marriage Committe is a Department in the Church just like every other Department in the Church. They have their roles and Funxtion.

Sex outside Marriage is Fornication . It is Immorality and it is a Sin. Having Said that, the Product that comes from it is not responsible for the act, so he/she cannot be unwanted by GOD.

In response to your first answer, I will say the same Peter who confessed Jesus as the son of God cautioned Jesus, when Jesus said he was going to die. Jesus had to clear him by rebuking Satan and saying he does not know the work of God.

The key is hearing from God about difficult situations because the world is deeper and the Bible says "Man shall not Live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God".

Psalm 90 further states that "We live our lives like tales that are told... So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom". The reason for quoting Psalm 90 is that every person has a story written by God.

If you don't download the story for a particular person, and you apply a one size fits all solution, the consequences may be disastrous.

As for the 2nd question I asked, marriage committees and church disciplinary committees are often Pharisaic- in nature. Obsessed with dogma but lacking in the spirit of God.

Individual situations need individual solutions.

No child is unwanted because men were meant to populate the earth. Man is higher than the animals and that is why he is called to abstain from fornication. Fornicating reduces man to an animal like state and subjects him to manipulations but when the law of procreation is engaged, a new soul comes into the world with a story to fulfill irrespective of his/her Genesis.

I close my argument with Jeremiah 33:3; "Call unto me and I will show you great and mighty things which thou knowest not." This is the path of life. Asking the heavenly Father for revelation. Not all things are black & white.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by 2buffagain(m): 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD and Value your soul , it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.

Not only is this inaccurate and wrong, it's also self-righteous drivel.

Infidelity is also a reason to split.
What is infidelity? It means unfaithfulness.
Does the word unfaithfulness ONLY pertain to sexual infidelity? No. It simply includes it.

The Bible also says he that refuses to provide for his household is WORSE than an infidel. We can interprete how we want, but this is why people are getting killed in their homes instead of seeking help and leaving toxicity.

If a man is a fool who refuses to contribute financially to his family, but instead continues to happily eat and spend his wife's money anyhow, to the point of even convincing HER to go into debt so he can continue to feed and gallivant... a fool such as that has every right to be divorced.

He already does not love or respect his wife. It is not until he has fvcked one small girl outside that he has been unfaithful. He is already unfaithful to her in spirit. Otherwise you would be arguing that an impotent man is incapable of being unfaithful. infidelity i.e unfaithfulness is a thing of the heart, not the penis.

What I will say is that the natural first stage of the processing is a separation so that both parties have the space to make up their minds about what they want to do with their union. If there is no repentance even in separation, let everybody kuku go their way.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by charlyblondy: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What's your God business with how human want to live?
This is marriage... undecided
You should never displease your peace of mind cos of an imaginary creature..

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided

You are the biggest fool I know
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Talk2nanro(m): 12:26am On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=Breadandpeppers post=111406707]
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Talk2nanro(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2022
[quote a
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Talk2nanro(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Talk2nanro(m): 1:47am On Mar 28, 2022
komekn:

First of all, since the context is Christian principal then you must see the word of God, biblical principles in strict context. In addition have uncompromising concession in the infallibility of the word of God.

There is tendency to use modern day norms and values to articulate Biblical standards and spirit which is not the true context of the word of God.

We dont make the word of God to fall in line with our modern day Western cultural norms and values, to make it more acceptable to our modern day men and women in and out of our Churches.

The Bible is intrinsically clear.

The motivation for divorce is REMARRIAGE that's at the heart of it. Discontent is anchored ⚓ on the option to get what is perceived as a better option, a new partner.

In this regard it's unquestionable TRUTH. " Any man who marries a divorced woman, commits adultery"

If this is adhered to then , with God all things are possible couples will work out thier issues positively.

The Bible is clear the only way the marriage convenant can be broken is death.

However, on the part of men if a woman is unfaithful the option is there for the man to divorce his wife, the only exception. It should be noted it's not vice versa.

The Bible is intrinsically patriarchal and has no modern day leanings towards liberal feminism and equality.

Men and women are not the same and equality cannot equated to two beings that are different. Complimentary but different. The Bible once again is very clear.
man you speak wisdom, for anyone seeking for real direction, this right here is true teaching, every other thing written here is junk contributions by ignoramus and vain people.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by newmoney133: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2022
1forall:

I've seen/heard this God-hates-divorce theory countless times . I want to ask, please, where did God say so? In the Bible or a prophecy?

Or is it a religious saying that has repeatedly been projected onto God and which has found acceptability among Christians?

I'm curious.
Malachi 2 vs 16
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
I think we are in the era of Grace and in the new covenant.
Do you folks consider the meaning of the claims you make at all? undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Janosky: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
komekn:

First of all, since the context is Christian principal then you must see the word of God, biblical principles in strict context. In addition have uncompromising concession in the infallibility of the word of God.

There is tendency to use modern day norms and values to articulate Biblical standards and spirit which is not the true context of the word of God.

We dont make the word of God to fall in line with our modern day Western cultural norms and values, to make it more acceptable to our modern day men and women in and out of our Churches.

The Bible is intrinsically clear.

The motivation for divorce is REMARRIAGE that's at the heart of it. Discontent is anchored ⚓ on the option to get what is perceived as a better option, a new partner.

In this regard it's unquestionable TRUTH. " Any man who marries a divorced woman, commits adultery"

If this is adhered to then , with God all things are possible couples will work out thier issues positively.

The Bible is clear the only way the marriage convenant can be broken is death.

However, on the part of men if a woman is unfaithful the option is there for the man to divorce his wife, the only exception. It should be noted it's not vice versa.

The Bible is intrinsically patriarchal and has no modern day leanings towards liberal feminism and equality.

Men and women are not the same and equality cannot equated to two beings that are different. Complimentary but different. The Bible once again is very clear.

Your quote is valid when a man/woman is not properly, legally divorced from a previous marriage.
Like a football player who signed a contract with 2 different clubs.
He has broken the law.

Matthew 19:9
"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

New Living Translation
And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful"

Oga, do you see now that Jesus Christ says divorce and remarriage is lawful when a spouse is sexually immoral?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
SwissMass:
The only reason for divorce is it the wife is not a virgin, you can't divorce a wife you have married for any reason, the scripture you quoted the original version stated reason is only for fornication sake which comes before marriage not in marriage
But the scripture he quoted says, "wife" not girlfriend or intending wife,but wife.Meaning they have already married.
Where did u get ur own idea of "before marriage" from?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
SwissMass:
The only reason for divorce is it the wife is not a virgin, you can't divorce a wife you have married for any reason, the scripture you quoted the original version stated reason is only for fornication sake which comes before marriage not in marriage
You are wrong! The Old Covenant Law of Moses was given by God to only those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. You as a Gentile have no business pretending you can or should live according to a standard God did not set for you. undecided

God only calls you to His New Covenant, Jesus Christ and in the Kingdom of God, the concept of virginity is meaningless, and divorce is allowed in the case of fornication- Matthew 19 vs 1 - 12 undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 11:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
Pacesetter123:
But the scripture he quoted says, "wife" not girlfriend or intending wife,but wife.Meaning they have already married.
Where did u get ur own idea of "before marriage" from?
Are you talking about Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. if yes, notice there is fornication there, which happens before marriage, that means a woman that have committed fornication (not a virgin) can be divorce but immediately after marriage nothing like divorce, you also see adultery there, that married people sleeping around. it is a simple verse
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
SwissMass:
if yes, notice there is fornication there, which happens before marriage, that means a woman that have committed fornication (not a virgin) can be divorce but immediately after marriage nothing like divorce, you also see adultery there, that married people sleeping around. it is a simple verse
That is false! undecided

Fornication instead means sexual intercourse with a one who one is not married to. So when a married man engages in sexual intercourse with a woman that is not his wife, he is said to be guilty of fornication. undecided

And as Jesus Christ clearly explained to you in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11, divorce is allowed for those married, in the New Covenant, in the case of fornication and fornication alone. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are wrong! The Old Covenant Law of Moses was given by God to only those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. You as a Gentile have no business pretending you can or should live according to a standard God did not set for you. undecided

God only calls you to His New Covenant, Jesus Christ and in the Kingdom of God, the concept of virginity is meaningless, and divorce is allowed in the case of fornication- Matthew 19 vs 1 - 12 undecided
when is fornication? in marriage or before marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gunmen Attacked cardinal John Onaiyekan In Edo / Rahab The Harlot Is NOT In The Lineage Of The Messiah...proof! / Christmas Is A Celebration For Pagans – Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.