Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17455 Views)

God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu / Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Steep(m): 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Adeoye11:

Romans 1:28 read it well, holy spirit will help u.
Amen
Read 2 Timothy 2vv15
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Charly68: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ummn;very complex question indeed. Marriage can become a prison ground if not joined with the right partner . I have seen beautiful women and handsome men crying and weeping like babies just because they are going through marrital trauma . Even many of them get depressed just because they are divorced , born again and church says no marriage unless their spouse dies .. it is a serious bondage now to many.
Unless they backslide there is nothing they can do .. that is the simple truth

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by baby124: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

See what the bible says in Matt 19:9 :

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.
It’s like you can’t read or something and skip the sexual immorality part. Divorce is allowed if there is cheating, doing sexually immoral stuff your partner does not agree with etc.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Chibuking1402(m): 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hindex:

Someone look into that bolded quote again. "WHOEVER DIVORCE..." Doesn't that mean it is the person that initiates the divorce that is liable to committing the sin of adultery if he or she marries another? Can we really say the person that was divorced has broken that law too?
Read the last sentence again
And whoever that married the divorced has committed adultery with her.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by CaptMarvel(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
Marriage is established by God. Before you go into it at all seek God.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Iwin2: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=Steep post=111407075] marriage is not what one can walk into and walk out from at any time, such mentality is a rebellion against God the originator of marriage.

1 Corinthians 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to Peace

When a partner leaves a marriage then the other partner is free.[/quot
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bignuell(m): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
CSTRR:
You are to remain unmarried as long as that fellow is still alive.

That is why you must not marry anyhow.

Its for life.
What of if the person remarry and move on with life, would you still remain like that?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
baby124:

It’s like you can’t read or something and skip the sexual immorality part. Divorce is allowed if there is cheating, doing sexually immoral stuff your partner does not agree with etc.
[/s] Your problem is comprehension not reading . Anyway, I don't blame you . I blame the educational system in Nigeria
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Uprightness100(m): 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
As long as she is the Orginal wife of the man, it is her home. GOD will never tell a man to drive his Orginal wife.

If her husband drives her out, she needs to Contend for her home.
But if she is not the man's Orginal wife, then it's not her home.

Mummyfour:
what should an innocent woman that was thrown out her house by her husband with a lot of false accusations from him and his siblings do, and also abandons her and her children while saying God said he should abandon them?

E get reason wey I dey ask. I know one woman that is going through such now
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by President2001(m): 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
The op makes a very good points but mixed up some things, God hate divorce most the example sited by op is not tally with the topic raised many Christian's have make Paul advice compulsory, where he said you can be like me ( not to marry at all) will never be mentioned those who left their marriages is not divorce but there are some things a partner can do that will lead to divorce even written in the Bible
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by baby124: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
SwissMass:
The only reason for divorce is it the wife is not a virgin, you can't divorce a wife you have married for any reason, the scripture you quoted the original version stated reason is only for fornication sake which comes before marriage not in marriage
Na lie! Was Mary a virgin? Let us hear word!!! Reason for divorce is sexual immorality in marriage!
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Uprightness100(m): 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Whatever the Matter, if you leave your Home and Remarry , it is Adultery.

A whole lot of the issues We as Humans get involved in are Consequences of not seeking GOD'S will before making Decision.

GOD'S Word cannot Change because of you or me. Once you are Married, you are Married. If you decide to Depart for one reason or the other, that is up to you.
But you must understand that re-marrying is Adultery.

Only Death Is Permitted by GOD for us to re-marry.
If you Fear GOD, you will stick to HIS Word. If you don't, then you do as u like.

Mbo07:

2017 I married a gay pastor who drugged me every night to have anal with me, I never knew untill I realised any night he served me dinner I slept like a dead tree, not up to a month after our marriage. I couldn't hold urine or feace, I was ashamed to tell the same person that left me in that condition. He would always tell me he was tired of having sex with me, but once he served me water or food I'm off.

When I wake up, my anus will be swollen and I felt pain, I felt something was wrong with Me, I was scared to confront him untill the day I was cleaning the house and I saw a pack of sleeping tablets. I text the name to a Facebook friend that works in the pharmacy and what she told me left my heart in my hands bleeding.

I confronted him, but he denied it, he wasn't ready to change. Days later I discovered he was doing this with the gardener's daughter, again I confronted him and he denied it, despite seeing pictures prof on his phone of him and the girl. I left a marriage not up to 3months.

I left because this things happening to me was never what I prayed to God for, and if your God will judge me because I left a sex, gay, predator who hide under the robe of a pastor, then That you God is not My God at all. Because my saviour Jesus Christ saved me from premature death
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by baby124: 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Your problem is comprehension not reading . Anyway, I don't blame you . I blame the educational system in Nigeria
The Bible gives several reasons for divorce. Read and comprehend fully. Obviously wherever you live, you don’t use your brains, my poor education is far superior to any knowledge you may have because you lack the ability to read, think and comprehend.

That God hate divorce or broken homes does not mean it is not allowed. In the Bible divorce is allowed. Now the Bible is on the internet so you can use your brains to educate yourself. It’s obvious everything you know from the Bible is what your pastor says. Mugu.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
Whatever the Matter, if you leave your Home and Remarry , it is Adultery.

A whole lot of the issues We as Humans get involved in are Consequences of not seeking GOD'S will before making Decision.

GOD'S Word cannot Change because of you or me. Once you are Married, you are Married. If you decide to Depart for one reason or the other, that is up to you.
But you must understand that re-marrying is Adultery.

Only Death Is Permitted by GOD for us to re-marry.
If you Fear GOD, you will stick to HIS Word. If you don't, then you do as u like.

I will remarry a good man that fears God and it will not be adultery. Wait for your trial days and let's see how u react to it. I appreciate you
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by djon78(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
CSTRR:
You are to remain unmarried as long as that fellow is still alive.

That is why you must not marry anyhow.

Its for life.

But the white man that introduced this law divorces anyhow. And still remarries

They even marry the same sex

For me marriage According to our African customs is the ultimate. Simple

If a partner walks away, the other should remarry according to our laws and customs

But to base marriages on what oyibo man said is a no no

We must follow our laws and traditions
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by djon78(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mbo07:

I will remarry a good man that fears God and it will not be adultery. Wait for your trial days and let's see how u react to it. I appreciate you

That's how Africans that were introduced Christianity wants to be more Catholic than the Pope

We carry everything for head while we were not even the originators of Christianity

Oyibo man that brought us Christianity married, divorces and remarries anyhow

Even there popular Pastors

I remember Pastor Paula white has been married now three times

She is in her 3rd marriage
Yet heaven didn't fall

Africans will want to overdo things yet even the basic laws of loving and respecting one another, they can't do that

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Uprightness100(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
My Dear, that is absolutely your concern.

My duty is put out GOD'S Word Unadulterated, showing you the Path to Life and Death.
Your Duty is to Choose the Path you wanna follow.
GOD'S duty is to put you where you belongs based on the Choice you made.

Mbo07:

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
baby124:

The Bible gives several reasons for divorce. Read and comprehend fully. Obviously wherever you live, you don’t use your brains, my poor education is far superior to any knowledge you may have because you lack the ability to read, think and comprehend.

That God hate divorce or broken homes does not mean it is not allowed. In the Bible divorce is allowed. Now the Bible is on the internet so you can use your brains to educate yourself. It’s obvious everything you know from the Bible is what your pastor says. Mugu.
[/s] Just because the bible describes something doesn't mean it prescribes it . But that's something fools like you don't understand which us why you're constantly looking for ways to justify wickedness .

Romans7:1-4 says it all ,now hold your peace:

Do you not know, brothers--for I am speaking to men who know the law--that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives?

For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage.

So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress, even though she marries another man.

From the bolded it is clear that a woman is bound to her husband as long as he's alive ...so nothing like sexual immorality will permit you to seek divorce. Case closed grin
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by felixawe(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,

a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.
When a woman is fed-up - R. Kelly Hit song nothing one can do about it.

Scripturally, God hates divorce Mal 2:14-16 , Mark 10:11-12.

Most marriages weren't laid on the foundation of Christ. Most religious people aren't really born again.....hence the work of the flesh being made manifest thru divorce & all forms of unholy behavious.

It's long man started rebelling against God ordinances to follow vanity. Marriage is an institution ordain by God under covenant. Divorcing outside adultery is a sin.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by baby124: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Just because the bible describes something doesn't mean it prescribes it . But that's something fools like you don't understand which us why you're constantly looking for ways to justify wickedness .

Romans7:1-4 says it all ,now hold your peace:

Do you not know, brothers--for I am speaking to men who know the law--that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives?

For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage.

So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress, even though she marries another man.

From the bolded it is clear that a woman is bound to her husband as long as he's alive ...so nothing like sexual immorality will permit you to seek divorce. Case closed grin
This is in a marriage where there is no sexual immorality and this is clearly speaking to people marrying more than one husband. The operative word is HUSBAND. Which means they are still married and no sexual immorality occurred which could have prompted divorce. I hope you are not a pastor, because it’s like you can’t read and interprete the Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
baby124:

This is in a marriage where there is no sexual immorality and this is clearly speaking to people marrying more than one husband. The operative word is HUSBAND. Which means they are still married and no sexual immorality occurred which could have prompted divorce. I hope you are not a pastor, because it’s like you can’t read and interprete the Bible.
[/s] I didn't write the bible...what I see is what I show . And it's clear that as long as a man is married to a woman, he's bound to her . Which is why the oath "till death do us part " is said . The above verse has said everything regarding divorce and it has gone into detail explain it to even idiòts like you . So you can choose to accept it or leave it . That's your business
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by baby124: 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] I didn't write the bible...what I see is what I show . And it's clear that as long as a man is married to a woman, he's bound to her . Which is why the oath "till death do us part " is said . The above verse has said everything regarding divorce and it has gone into detail explain it to even idiòts like you . So you can choose to accept it or leave it . That's your business
You just agreed with me. AS LONG AS THEY ARE MARRIED. If they are DIVORCED which the Bible gave allowance for, she can remarry! Case closed. Thank you! Slowly your brain is rebooting!

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
baby124:

You just agreed with me. AS LONG AS THEY ARE MARRIED. If they are DIVORCED which the Bible gave allowance for, she can remarry! Case closed. Thank you! Slowly your brain is rebooting!
[/s]I never agreed with you . Read my post again and see for yourself . Anyway, daft people like you keep using reverse psychology to feel smart when in reality you're being more stupid than necessary grin

Please watch this video and if you're still not convinced , then you're more stupid than I thought https://www.facebook.com/marvin.smith.52459/videos/1899120870107061/

grin
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And who told you I am from the other religion?
What do you want the mods to do tho?ban me for breaking no rules.. undecided

Why do you religious folks always hate the truth...worse of all you can't prove the existence of what you claim to serve.. undecided

Stop cutting your nose...... You statements above are contradicting themselves hence you not making any sense.

Nobody asked for your religion. Go on with your wells of hatred but don't stylishly condescend other peoples beliefs when you are absolutely shallow in knowledge.

Empty vessels often make the loudest noise..... I may just get you a loud speaker

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by mediafyah: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
God doesn't hate divorce! In fact he loves that shit!
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mbo07:

If human will understand this is sad, will God not? Why do some born again act like they know more than Christ

The wickedness of man can never stop the goodness of God.

The Bible encourages us to be positive and to dwell on things of virtue..... Though difficult, it's very possible.

I just wished the evidences were available to make him dance to the music. The inhumanity of humans to one another is often unthinkable

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by HRprof: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] My problem with a lot of you kids here is that you hate reading. Read that passage again and see what it says about marrying someone who is divorced (aka caught in the act of sexual immorality )
You church goer that read Bible upside down !! Read again
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
HRprof:

You church goer that read Bible upside down !! Read again
[/s] Dont be stupid. Just read the whole bible and come here and talk. Stop reading sentences that only appeal to your sick senses of wickedness
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
sonofthunder:

Stop cutting your nose...... You statements above are contradicting themselves hence you not making any sense.

Nobody asked for your religion. Go on with your wells of hatred but don't stylishly condescend other peoples beliefs when you are absolutely shallow in knowledge.

Empty vessels often make the loudest noise..... I may just get you a loud speaker
That doesn't change the fact that there ain't no imaginary creature.. cheesy
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Tunagee(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD and Value your soul , it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.

Nice

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by HRprof: 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]Dont be stupid. Just read the whole bible and come here and talk. Stop reading sentences that only appeal to your sick senses of wickedness[/s]

Religious slave !! The Bible that gives you headaches to understand is peoples experience composed by someone like you. Write your own Bible for others to read and learn Ewu !!

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bbbw: 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
You leave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.