Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? (17917 Views)

How Much Feeding Allowance Is Sufficient For A Family Of Five / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. / Man Walks In On His Wife Feeding Her Lover In Their Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 11:19am On Mar 28, 2022
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business.

We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker.

The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up.

She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains.

Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?

15 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by neonly: 11:29am On Mar 28, 2022
U mean for a week

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by qekng40(f): 11:32am On Mar 28, 2022
She doesn't know how to manage, its better you sit her down and know what she spends it on instead of asking us.

You knew her before you got married, so why the complaints now?

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by heniford2: 11:34am On Mar 28, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business. We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker. The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up. She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains. Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?
dude the money is small but relax no amount of money you give ur woman will ever be enough for her as far as she's a Nigerian girl undecided that's the gospel truth so don't get pushed up on her complain if she complain much ask her to use her own money to complete whatever she feels she want to buy and lock up. undecided

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by pyyxxaro: 11:41am On Mar 28, 2022
It’s not bad at all but if you can increase it alittle e for nor bad still..

But on a serious note , you eat only 2weeks in a month , how much baby food does she buy monthly, abi na Zebra meat una take de cook stew for una house grin

She should be able to contribute 25% of her income to the “kitchen activities” , she get boutique na , abi people nor de buy cloth again

Happy birthday to both of you cool

22 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by socialmediaman: 11:46am On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Beremx(f): 11:56am On Mar 28, 2022
Just increase a little. Things are really expensive out there in the market. Cooking a pot of stew that would last for a month can gulp up to 50k not to talk of soup. It is well

4 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Tickles001(m): 11:58am On Mar 28, 2022
If you stock the house like you said, then the money should be enough if well managed. Except you live in areas where things are very expressive.

Before you increase it. Try find out why the 50k is not enough. Is it that she doesn't know how to manage or the cost of things in your area. That would help you make appropriate adjustments.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
dude the money is small but relax no amount of money you give ur woman will ever be enough for her as far as she's a Nigerian girl undecided that's the gospel truth so don't get pushed up on her complain if she complain much ask her to use her own money to complete whatever she feels she want to buy and lock up.
Thanks!

5 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Spherical77(m): 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
The money is small considering the state of the economy. You may increase it a little

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Is it with basic food stuff available?

For a month?

If you already have all the basics readily available, then, yes it's ok. Otherwise, no way! Except na crayfish rice and Pomo soup you want to be feeding your family with.

Your wife can add hers to it cos it won't be enough o. Money no get value again o. Hm.

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
Beremx:
Just increase a little. Things are really expensive out there in the market. Cooking a pot of stew that would last for a month can gulp up to 50k not to talk of soup. It is well

Dem wan swim inside the stew wen only stew go gulp 50k? grin.

Though things are really expensive, no doubt.

38 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Ulunne777(f): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
For some it is very OK but I wouldn't know the standard of your family.
Truth is proteins I mean fish/meat/etc will gulp a lot depending on your standards yet again.
If it won't hurt add more,if it will let her modify her list.

Every woman these days has got to learn serious economics I tell you if not you will be looking for your money in the MKT when nobody stole from you because of foodprices.

Beverages alone for my 3 under tens has doubled their amount while their father keeps saying they need proteins but bring money for serious protein grooving MBA ! Plus the ones that will go into his plate as head of home . grin

12 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by LikeAking: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business. We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker. The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up. She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains. Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?

The money is over enuf sef. Just leave her. She need her own cut.

Try and ensure her business is doing fine. Butik biz no easy fro naija.

12 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Aostle:
..and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up. She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains. Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?
You give your wife and child ~ $10 a month or a week to feed? undecided

You forgot to mention where exactly your family lives so folks can give you a better assessment here. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Ulunne777(f): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
And my new tactic.Fruits at night.
Instead of heavy night food,replace with fruits and send everybody off to sleep early.
I started with pawpaw. grin
#600 own they ate and complained their tummies were full .By 8pm off to bed before I will start hearing "Its like my tummy is getting empty again." grin

Healthier,less stressful and econmical and oh they look forward to it

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Beremx(f): 5:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mercychen:

Dem wan swim inside the stew wen only stew go gulp 50k? grin.

Though things are really expensive, no doubt.
my sister things are expensive o! If the man is the type of person who eats orisirisi, then he should be ready to spend more grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
Beremx:
my sister things are expensive o! If the man is the type of person who eats orisirisi, then he should be ready to spend more grin

Exactly my point. Except he wants to be eating only Pomo and crayfish.lol..

I wonder where we are headed in this country.

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Guderian(m): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
Aostle:

50k is not much but compared to ur salary thats 25%.
Try understand how she uses the money she has a business she should also help out not complain.
You dont even pay house rent,electricity fee and shop rent. What if you pay for this things

6 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by NoToPile: 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ulunne777:
And my new tactic.Fruits at night.
Instead of heavy night food,replace with fruits and send everybody off to sleep early.
I started with pawpaw. grin
#600 own they ate and complained their tummies were full .By 8pm off to bed before I will start hearing "Its like my tummy is getting empty again." grin

Healthier,less stressful and econmical and oh they look forward to it

kiss kiss

I have done this for about one week and it's quite good, mango is in season so it helps, I have given them about 3 times, I blend it, with ice cold water, they drink and are like hmm its yummy, everybody sleeps.

10 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Jennifer89(f): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
Aostle your wife should learn how to manage that money it is enough. She's not buy rice groundnut oil and provision with the money so why is she complaining

I receive 50k I use 10 to buy goat meat for soup and stew coz I cook In bulk then use the remaining to buy other things needed in the house. I don't fill gas and cable subscription with the money.

If somethings get exhausted before month end I use my own money because I have a business. That's my little way of supporting him.

But he make sure I get my feeding money once salary is paid.

Talk to her calmly tell her you have a building project at hand she should please manage it. You know how your wife be so talk to her.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Acidosis(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
If that's all you can afford, then your wife should learn to manage. From what you've narrated, it's obvious 50% of your earnings go to food/consumables. That's a lot. You don't seem to realize that you could lose your source of income.

Also, I would advise you to pay attention to your wife's business. Part of that 50k may be going into that business with nothing to show for it. If there are no proof of profit (not sales) that business should be shut down.

With or without proof of profit, do not add a penny to that 50k. Learn to manage until you get a pay rise. If you lose that job, I will be part of those who will turn around to call you a lazy man.

Finally, channel that 2-weeks "out of job" into something productive.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie You give your wife and child ~ $10 a month or a week to feed?

You forgot to mention where exactly your family lives so folks can give you a better assessment here.

We live in a remote area in Delta State and she usually asks me to help get foodstuffs for her from warri each time I'm returning from work after two weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by jieta: 8:21am On Mar 29, 2022
So what is she using the 50 thousand for if you're buying all this things you mentioned.

5 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Ulunne777(f): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:
Kobojunkie You give your wife and child ~ $10 a month or a week to feed?

You forgot to mention where exactly your family lives so folks can give you a better assessment here.

We live in a remote area in Delta State and she usually asks me to help get foodstuffs for her from warri each time I'm returning from work after two weeks.

Use the two weeks you are in and ask her to give you a rundown/list of how the spending goes.You can buy the things yourself for this month and see where the problem is.

Truth is with what you mentioned that you already purchase it should suffice but then again we can't say the dynamics of your home.

3 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 9:48am On Mar 29, 2022
If that's all you can afford, then your wife should learn to manage. From what you've narrated, it's obvious 50% of your earnings go to food/consumables. That's a lot. You don't seem to realize that you could lose your source of income.

Also, I would advise you to pay attention to your wife's business. Part of that 50k may be going into that business with nothing to show for it. If there are no proof of profit (not sales) that business should be shut down.

With or without proof of profit, do not add a penny to that 50k. Learn to manage until you get a pay rise. If you lose that job, I will be part of those who will turn around to call you a lazy man.

Finally, channel that 2-weeks "out of job" into something productive.

Thanks for the response. As for her business I know she makes profit because I do assist with going to the market to stock her boutique since she's pregnant that's when she does not want to order. Talking about losing my job, that's one of my fears because it's a contract and I don't know if the contract will be resigned that's why I'm trying to complete the two flats I'm working on to get extra cash because I just completed two extra stores to get rent money from it, hoping they will serve as a backup just in case the contract is not signed. As for what to do with the two weeks off I'm thinking of starting a business that's when I'm done with my building project.

7 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 9:55am On Mar 29, 2022
Jennifer Aostle your wife should learn how to manage that money it is enough. She's not buy rice groundnut oil and provision with the money so why is she complaining

I receive 50k I use 10 to buy goat meat for soup and stew coz I cook In bulk then use the remaining to buy other things needed in the house. I don't fill gas and cable subscription with the money.

If somethings get exhausted before month end I use my own money because I have a business. That's my little way of supporting him.

But he make sure I get my feeding money once salary is paid.

Talk to her calmly tell her you have a building project at hand she should please manage it. You know how your wife be so talk to her.[color=#550000][/color]

Thanks for responding. She gets her feeding money as at when due and she knows what I earn and also aware I have a project at hand. I get scared each time I wondered how it will look like if had two or three kids. My child is going to three years so she only wears pampers at night and doesn't eat baby food anymore. Sometimes I spend extra one week or two weeks at work depending on the situation. So it's mostly two of them at home

4 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 10:22am On Mar 29, 2022
jieta post= So what is she using the 50 thousand for if you're buying all this things you mentioned.[/quote]

Meat, fish, egg, bread, garri, pure water, soup and stew ingredients, pampers ( my child wears only one at night for the day), indomie[color

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by johhbekeboh09: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business. We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker. The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every
other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up. She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains. Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?

Add something for madam food too dear now oo!

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by frozen70(f): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:

You have tried, let her take over the feeding allowance while you keep up with the ones that you have been handling

You can't kill yourself because I did not read where you said that she is playing a particular financial role in the family upkeep

Let her feed and let that be her contribution to the family

4 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Op na until your die na when u go understand say dem no dey please or satisfy naija woman finish.
Na u dey buy food stuff, also 50k monthly stipend and u only spend 2 weeks at home. My brother d nature of your work is onshore and offshore, hv u giving a thought that d nature of your job can go either way morrow?
U too hv to save ohhhhhhhhhh bcs I know an uncle that did what u are doing when coca company was an oil company, he even bought car for d wife but right now, wifey dun chance baba.
D gods are wise

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Daughter's Hair Is Not Growing At The Back Of Her Head. What Can I Do? / 'Beating My Wife Is A Parable' - Pastor's Jackson's Wife Defends his Statement / Unmarried, Childless Women Are Happiest People Of All, Says Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.