Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? (2167 Views)

How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good day everyone,

My daddy died January this year and even though the burial rites has not been observed, the eldest son(my step brother) wants to claim everything including where we stay.

My daddy married 3 wives, the first wife had 7 children for him and the woman eventually left the marriage in the 1990's. My mother was the second wife with 8 children as well. When my dad married the first wife, he built an apartment for her and her children, the compound with tenants inside has been the same place all the children from the first wife grew up from after their mom left the marriage.

My dad also bought a house for my mom which i and my siblings grew up from. The last wife, also had a place after my dad married her.

After the mysterious death of my very young mother(not sick, just died from two days cough) my dad followed, barely two weeks before he died too which was not too surprising cos he has been sick and my mum has been the one taking care of her. That loneliness and lack of bond. The first son which has been an enemy of my dad and the most hated son due to his aggressive nature towards inheritance even when my dad was alive, came and lock the family house.

My own elder brother(same dad and mom), a weakling has been away since claiming to be busy and can't come home, he has even abandon the property belonging to my mum thus leaving my unmarried sisters to nothing. I visited home last week to see that my house was locked by my step brother and the apartment which my younger brother occupied was rented out by this step brother too.

I don't know what to do, so when we had a family meeting recently, i told the elders that we were locked out of our house and my siblings are scared of being attacked spiritually citting the death of my mother. Yet, the elders insist that all the properties belong to the eldest son. I don't even know what to do. I was the closest child to my dad when he was alive, i was so close that I had access to even his land and other documents but i never thought a day like this would come, if not, I would have advised him to make a will.

Is it the right of the eldest son to inherit all the properties ?

What would you suggest I do now ?

Lalasticlala
RoyalRoy

Pls help move this to fp to help
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Is there no will? talk to a lawyer please

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Zonefree(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
This is tough considering the elders are supporting the first son after collecting egunje.

Get government involved.

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Ever8090: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
Polygamy has many problems, even if you die it's even the genesis of the wahala!..

3 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Kestolove(m): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
Igbo people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Iniobong34: 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
The case strong oh
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Zonefree(m): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kestolove:
Igbo people
Dead brain!

3 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kestolove:
Igbo people
I'm an Urhobo

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
post=111440348:
I'm an Urhobo
My brother. No nah. E no dey happen for urhobo land.

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Vickyvice:
My brother. No nah. E no dey happen for urhobo land.
Oma bè mé mamor

Can i use Soldier to pick them up and have the key removed ?

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Oluromantic: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
I fear igbo culture o. But who's with the house documents?

Besides you're accusing your elder brother of being a weakling. Do you have spiritual odechi?

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by MAGG0T(m): 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Oluromantic:
I fear igbo culture o. But who's with the house documents?

Besides you're accusing your elder brother of being a weakling. Do you have spiritual odechi?

You didn't see where he mentioned he's Urhobbo? ....or is delta now Igbo land? As opposed by you people.. I fear who no fear Ewedu and Amala, 2 faced people

9 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by psucc(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
If you can stand your ground, follow him bumper to bumper. Don't give him breathing space but note, he may attack spiritually, are you there?
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Ulunne777(f): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kestolove:
Igbo people

Are you OK?
As in ,Ijikwa ahu?

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Ulunne777(f): 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
How can a first son(¹ person) be the sole heir to a property(s) when there are more than 17 others.

What is even wrong with ppl and customs?

It is outright greed and those elders are just looking out for their stomachs.

5 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Berezuski: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
First son to inherits all your dad properties?
That can never happen(in my case)
Even if na juju priest.
I'll mess him up
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
psucc:
If you can stand your ground, follow him bumper to bumper. Don't give him breathing space but note, he may attack spiritually, are you there?
I nor even know how to go about it

Should i arrest him ?
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by stacyadams: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
WBworldwide:
Good day everyone,

My daddy died January this year and even though the burial rites has not been observed, the eldest son(my step brother) wants to claim everything including where we stay.

My daddy married 3 wives, the first wife had 7 children for him and the woman eventually left the marriage in the 1990's. My mother was the second wife with 8 children as well. When my dad married the first wife, he built an apartment for her and her children, the compound with tenants inside has been the same place all the children from the first wife grew up from after their mom left the marriage.

My dad also bought a house for my mom which i and my siblings grew up from. The last wife, also had a place after my dad married her.

After the mysterious death of my very young mother(not sick, just died from two days cough) my dad followed, barely two weeks before he died too which was not too surprising cos he has been sick and my mum has been the one taking care of her. That loneliness and lack of bond. The first son which has been an enemy of my dad and the most hated son due to his aggressive nature towards inheritance even when my dad was alive, came and lock the family house.

My own elder brother(same dad and mom), a weakling has been away since claiming to be busy and can't come home, he has even abandon the property belonging to my mum thus leaving my unmarried sisters to nothing. I visited home last week to see that my house was locked by my step brother and the apartment which my younger brother occupied was rented out by this step brother too.

I don't know what to do, so when we had a family meeting recently, i told the elders that we were locked out of our house and my siblings are scared of being attacked spiritually citting the death of my mother. Yet, the elders insist that all the properties belong to the eldest son. I don't even know what to do. I was the closest child to my dad when he was alive, i was so close that I had access to even his land and other documents but i never thought a day like this would come, if not, I would have advised him to make a will.

Why will ur mom choose to be a second wife?

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by stacyadams: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ever8090:
Polygamy has many problems, even if you die it's even the genesis of the wahala!..

if you tell men to leave polygamy, they will be acting like tolotolo..at the end of the day , they will create a problem they will not be there to solve.

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
stacyadams:

Are u stupid... What concerns my mom and this now ?

Know your lane... Nor even play go der for ur miserable life

3 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by stacyadams: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
WBworldwide:
Are u stupid... What concerns my mom and this now ?

Know your lane... Nor even play go der for ur miserable life

your a very stupid.miserable .wimp...shebi na outside ur step brother don lock u..go fight am nah

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
stacyadams:

your a very stupid.miserable .wimp...shebi na outside ur step brother don lock u..go fight am nah
Hmmm, I suspect that's how u disrespect ur who-re mother that failed to teach u that you should respect the dead and the mother of others.

3 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Your step-brother's greed is absolutely disgusting. I'm assuming the elders supporting him are from the side of his family.
I suspect they are having private meetings...

The last born in our house is about 25year old and doing very very well but some of my elder sisters are unmarried... We can't just abandon d house like that
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by stacyadams: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
WBworldwide:
Hmmm, I suspect that's how u disrespect ur who-re mother that failed to teach u that you should respect the dead and the mother of others.

If your LovePeddler mother had sense,she for go find her own husband...don't go and reason with ur step brother and lie down and beg him...na outside u go sleep tonight

2 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Rubbiish(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
WBworldwide:

Why would u refer to your brother as a weakling?? What do u want him to do? Is he the first son? In the absence of a will, the first son inherit every properties. Though he is now supposed to share it fairly among the rest siblings. Your dad should have written a will! It was a very big mistake on his part.
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by chrixtwill(m): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
He does not have a legitimate right to all the properties, he has a right to at least double our triple what anyone else will get, but everyone of you is entitled to portion. Some kindreds will even share the property into 3 since he was polygamous. But if you are lightweight spiritually, u better run for ur dear life.
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
So we still have men who are rich enough to buy properties, process property documents, yet do not have a "will". in this 21st century? Nonsense*.

It's funny your elder brother is already fizzling out, you have to talk to him because you need his cooperation, and the cooperation of your other siblings to fight such injustice. Equip yourselves spiritually, meet the elders again for another meeting. The overall eldest son should share the properties peacefully, or at least allow you/siblings own the house which was built for your mom.

If the elders/eldest son still refuse, then seek legal help, but take note that it is an issue that will stress / drain you for few years before you either win or lose. Your dad never valued his other children, otherwise he would have written a "will".

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Beremx(f): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
stacyadams:

is this the reason he created this thread? The way some of you talk on this forum ehn... May God have mercy on you.

Op I would advise you get a lawyer. How can one person inherit all his father’s properties when he’s not the only son. Is he mad?

5 Likes

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by WBworldwide: 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
stacyadams:

If your LovePeddler mother had sense,she for go find her own husband...don't go and reason with ur step brother and lie down and beg him...na outside u go sleep tonight
hahaha very funny boy
Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
WBworldwide:
Good day everyone,

See how you guys can reclaim the house your dad bought for your mother and rest.

1 Like

Re: Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? by Mamayam: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
Rubbiish:

Why would u refer to your brother as a weakling?? What do u want him to do? Is he the first son? [b]In the absence of a will, the first son inherit every properties. [/b]Though he is now supposed to share it fairly among the rest siblings. Your dad should have written a will! It was a very big mistake on his part.

@Bolded, says who?
According to which culture?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married With Weak Erections And Erectile Dysfunction. / What Are Signs Of Arrogance? / www.wivestownhallconnection.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.