Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Perpetua Nkwocha Retires On Her International Career!calls Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Perpetua Nkwocha Retires On Her International Career!calls Time (1153 Views)

Perpetua Nkwocha Weds Nwufoh In Owerri (Photos) / Perpetua Nkwocha Pays Tribute To Falcons’ Youngsters / Jay-jay Okocha, Ahmed Musa,perpetua Nwokcha Nominated For 2011 Glo-caf Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Perpetua Nkwocha Retires On Her International Career!calls Time by henry101(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2011
Perpetua Nkocha is calling time on her international career, although she may yet compete at next year's Olympic Games in London.

"This is certainly my last World Cup and the best time to leave the stage for the younger ones to express themselves.

"Nobody can say that l have not contributed to the growth of the game, but right now it is time to move up in life,' she said after Nigeria were beaten 1-0 by Germany.

But the veteran forward would not comment on her participation at the London 2012 Games.

Nkwocha, 35, has represented Nigeria at four African Women Championships between 2002 and 2004, winning all four, three Olympic Games tournaments and three World Cups.

She overtook Mercy Akide as the leading goal scorer at the African Women Championships, although she has failed to score at the World Cup.
It is an imbalance she is keen to redress.

“We have the game against Canada being our last but all hope for me is not lost even though l thought that by now l would have scored,” she said.

“Against France l played very deep and against Germany l played in the midfield so maybe this time around l could be placed in the good position that would enable me score."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/22717/perpetua-nkwocha-retires-on-her-international-career.php
Re: Perpetua Nkwocha Retires On Her International Career!calls Time by MeGaStReEt: 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2011
I will miss her, she didn't look 35 to me
Re: Perpetua Nkwocha Retires On Her International Career!calls Time by phreakabit(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2011
Thank God!

(1) (Reply)

Which European Club Has The Best Set Of Fans In Nigeria? / Angel Di Maria Heading To Manchester United In £40m Deal - Agent / Awkward! Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Reveals In Autobiography That She Tried To H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.