Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,072 members, 7,849,355 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English (63052 Views)

Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / Nigeria English Has Made Its First Appearance In The Oxford English Dictionary ) / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Caleycashh: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
Finishing!
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by bayelsa1son(m): 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:
Exactly what I would've done. Though, our Nigerian tutor made two mistakes sha, but the Kenyan goat won't notice.

1. Who thinks, but he wrote who think.
2. The last line, after Nigeria, deserves a period.

Las las, the Kenyan goat go dey fear to reply. cheesy
abeg comot for here
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Hallabee1(m): 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Aje...

you are in Kenya abi... i will locate you

you need serious slap
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by MadamOk(f): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Who is Kenya in English compare to Nigeria[b][/b]are you m*d or something wink wink wink
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Sheddy5(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:

Buy and read my book if na English you wan learn. grin
Oh, now I get it. Sorry. I didn't pay attention to that one.
where can i read the free version?
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by cosmos1440: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Collins Sakamoto,
You just made my day.
I will search for, and start following you on twitter.
May be the Masai herdsman came across
some Nigerian pidgin-english and he wanted to start forming Vandamme.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by mannasseh(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Before you go disgrace us further, kindly edit the title
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Thebig4: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
@op yours is worst
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by adefitim(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
600 pussies to that nigger that replied the dimwit

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by abdulwassi(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Oh 9ja.
I'm so proud to be a Nigerian even thou the govt are trying their best to me think underwise.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by EgunMogaji2: 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
This one nko?

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by FullBlastLight: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:
Exactly what I would've done. Though, our Nigerian tutor made three mistakes sha, but the Kenyan goat won't notice.

1. Contest for context (I blame his autocorrect).
2. Who thinks, but he wrote who think.
3. The last line, after Nigeria, deserves a period.

I'm thinking d very first statement of d Nigerian tutor is flawed somewhere particularly where he said:

In English "contest", methinks it shld rather be, in English "context"!

Mtcheeww.... What do I even know self! grin
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by iLegendd(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
FullBlastLight:

I'm thinking d very first statement of d Nigerian tutor is flawed somewhere particularly where he said:

In English "contest", methinks it shld rather be, in English "context"!

Mtcheeww.... What do I even know self! grin

He was probably replying with ANGER to defend his country and forgot to proofread. We've all been there. Emotions!

From the way he writes with confidence, he knows his onion. Na just normal human error from his negligence to reread three times before clicking send.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Temptee101(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nonsense!

Two backward 4th world countries forming woke while their countries are in tatters.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
We are talking of hunger this one is busy examining our English.
Who English help?
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by JubrilBuhari: 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
But it's context not contest.
The guy got served hot though.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by cracky2(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kudos to that Nigerian who placed a dullard Kenyan where he belongs..some of the mediocre and even highly underdeveloped African countries sometimes try to show they know something when they know nothing...this reminds me of how a Tanzanian attempted to unseat me at a conference in transcorp hotel Abujab/ in 2019.. he was even forming Americana for me,, trust me a Nigerian, I gave him a piece of what is capable of ruining his happiness for that whole day, he humbled himself and shifted for me.

7 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by johnp2(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Who English help
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Snakedoctor1: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
pascalbenz:
Saw dis some where and felt like sharing ...
That was savage. Hahaha

They only translate Swahili to English on Google and they start with the funniest accent in Africa. The substitution of letter "l" with "r" is second to none in the world with word like "seven" pronounce "seeviin".

And you know what, their superiority complex no be here. They say they are the Europe in Africa. All of them with big big front teeth except Uhuru Kenyatta.

Their men like woman like Kai. Many were brought as "cargo" from south Africa during the HIV pandemic lol.
Abegiii

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Thinktwicemybro: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Clearbanxs:
Dude why not open shop in a busy place to do graphics business instead of spamming this forum all the time. Has anyone contacted you here?
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Goldbw122(m): 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
See how the guy explain and analysis the English self, na wa me nor even understand wetin he dey write.. na wa, some people are really educated in this life.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Blakpot: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
"In English contest"
Maybe it was a mistake.
Mistake or not, coming from someone whos mocking another person's grammar, u have to admit its funny. (I hope I got my punctuations right lol)
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by BleedTears: 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Danibonk:
Someone just got schooled
My brother you can say that again. Free education for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by kapelvej: 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:
Exactly what I would've done. Though, our Nigerian tutor made three mistakes sha, but the Kenyan goat won't notice.

100% oppression and confidence. grin
Excellent, however it is better to explain the rationale behind the 'who think' and and 'who thinks'. 'Who think' sounds sweeter, but wrong, singular nouns must go with singular verb forms , apart from the personal noun 'I', that behaves like a plural, therefore take the plural form of the verb. That was I wrote 'take', and note 'takes'. And if I may add, verb add 's' to agree with the singular subject. A direct opposite to noun/pronoun which usually add 's' to form the plural

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by DSC7: 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:

Buy and read my book if na English you wan learn. grin

Oh, now I get it. Sorry. I didn't pay attention to that one. I have added it. Thank you.

Lolsss grin grin cheesy cheesy...

That Kenyan dude needs it most...

I can help you promote your books internationally cool

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Seredebe: 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:
Lalas.ticlala, come and wipe the tears of this Kenyan man — a Nigerian man slapped him.

biancad

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Timijo(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:

This is to show that Nigerians are the best speakers and users of the English language in Africa and other parts of the world. The Kenyan guy and many others might not even notice the mistakes you pointed out. This means that our mistakes surpass their understanding.
We are deeply rooted in the English language in Nigeria but we are not counted as an English speaking country. Only South Africa is recognised as an English speaking country in Africa. But why? Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, etc. were all colonised by the British. Why are we not recognised? Is this not a double standard?

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Kestolove(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kenya wey dia flag be like babalawo complementary card to get maut to talk, we go soon send davido to buy that country

6 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by SugarGirl44(f): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
All I can see is one big idiat and a bigger f00l fighting over another man's culture.
It's so pathetic and shameful to see Africans fighting over their colonial masters' language in 2022.
Even the white man would marvel at their stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by iLegendd(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
DSC7:

Lolsss grin grin cheesy cheesy...

That Kenyan dude needs it most...

I can help you promote your books internationally cool
Lol

We've gone global for long. I do appreciate sha. #Smiles

Though, I focus more on relationship books for men — that's what brings the real $. Where money dey na there belly dey face.

They can be bought on Apple bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, etc. Even on our online bookstore https://shop.wetclef.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by chinchum(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Coldie:
Nigerians are the only few Africans that sound different, from Zimbabwe to Uganda to Kenya all of them have very funny accents.

I remember you once asking a Kenyan if they speak French in their country cause their English sounds like French to me
It sounds funny to you because you weren't familiar with the accent. It is the same way yours may sound funny to them. Although via our movies which is exported to many african countries, our english accent tends to get more familiar and less funny to an outsider.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The English Term For "Osuka"? / Can You Solve This Math Question? / Why Patience Jonathan’s Security Aide Was Killed — Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.